Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-18-2005

I see where you're coming from.

.Ghost and Vrbas feel that it's morally wrong, but they haven't justified that belief (at least to me). I can't stand it when a person holds an unjustified belief that limits me from doing what I should be free to do.

The only reason people think it's wrong is exactly what you're talking about: society bringing kids up to think it's wrong. That's bullshit.
iCeAt
Level 31
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
12-18-2005

You only justify your belief by saying that slefishness is good.

I justify it by saying its bad.

Go be free to kill, steal, rape, anything.... Right? Cuz you are able to but society brought you up not to. NOw thats bullshit form you.

Why is killing wrong man? Justify it for me?

I'll justify it for why it's ok.

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-18-2005 at 04:47 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-18-2005

I never said selfishness is good. I said that there's nothing wrong with premarital sex. And if you want to revisit the selfish argument, tell me, is it wrong for you to breathe? You do it for selfish reasons.

Killing is wrong because the person being killed has the right to live, and that right is being violated. Premarital sex violates nobody's rights.
iCeAt
Level 31
12-18-2005

No it's not. THough you breath to live. You dont have sex to live.

But tell me. Since you said that society FUCKS us up becuase it gives us morals. WHERE did society learn these morals? Man could not make up the morals. Therfor God comes in? Does that make sense at all?

Who said people have a right to live man>? You? Society? Who?

God did.

Why and how would society out of nowhere come up with giving people rights?

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-18-2005 at 04:51 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-18-2005

It doesn't matter that I don't have sex to live. You breathe, and therefore go on living, for your own selfish reasons.

Please point out to me where I said society fuсks us up by giving us morals. People like you fuсk up your kids and give them the gift of "shame" when it comes to sex. Do you really think everybody was completely immoral all the time before the advent of religion?

Mankind can agree that we have the right to live. We don't need God. Can you prove that it was God who said we have the right to live? Society would give people rights because society is here to protect us. It's like I said before, you don't know what you're talking about, so you shouldn't open your mouth. Go back to your blissful ignorance and stay there.

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 07-31-2007 at 11:24 AM.
iCeAt
Level 31
12-18-2005

I shall shoot the same back to you...

Can you prove that mankind said (WAAAAAAAY BACK LONG AGO) that man has a right to live?

I shall ask again. Where did man out of nowhere come up with giving people rights and morals and blah and that and this?

Answer the question this time!

It can be proven neither way. therfore we each have the choice of choosing what we want to believe. Make sense yet?
iCeAt
Level 31
12-18-2005

Another thing I would like to add is Before the dawn of religion, it is said that humans were going down a path of chaos...

They had no morals, they had no rights, I mean seriously. you say I dont know shit. Stop telling me im dumb and answer the fucking question.

Take a baby for instance. It acts pretty much like an animal when you dont give it morals. Humans are like aniamls without morals.

I am saying, where do humans (aniamls) come up wit morals out of nowhere?

How the FAP would humans all of a sudden say, we need not to do this and we need to do that.

I mean seriously dude. Think about that B4 YOU open your mouth again and avoid my question.

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-18-2005 at 05:13 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-18-2005

It is really upsetting to read your posts. Any instance in which laws have been recorded is proof that man can come up with it's own rights. Ever heard of the Code of Hammurabi? The Magna Carta? Men can agree on rights without God. I could even argue that the Bible is an example of this. The laws in the Bible were written by man. Sure, Christians would argue that they were divinely inspired, but that's not proven. Until you prove that Christianity or Islam or whatever religion you follow is right, all you have to go on is that man came up with its laws.

Please, stop arguing this. You don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: Tell you what, check out my thread "Morals in the Absence of Religion." That will tell you where we can get morals from.
iCeAt
Level 31
12-18-2005

Ok. I am sorry but I feel the same way about you as you do me.

Here we again.

What was man like b4 religion came around?
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-18-2005

Check the thread "Morals in the Absence of Religion."