Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-17-2012

>implying I don't check my subscribed threads and reply there before venturing into the forum proper
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to FierceElite
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
You're happy to trash the show and act better than people who haven't read the books. How about you take that elsewhere? Pretty sure nobody wants to see that.
From the poster boy for only posting when you have something positive to say. I didn't realize I could only talk about the show in a positive light. Act better than people? No. I just know where the show takes a different (and almost always worse) path than the book(s). Unlike some, or possibly most people, I have expectations for how the show should go about things. I can't just act happy with whatever they decide to do, especially when it makes the story worse.
"Adversity has a way of introducing a man to himself."
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-17-2012

Go on. Be specific, then.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceElite View Post
From the poster boy for only posting when you have something positive to say.
Sick burn.

Quote:
I didn't realize I could only talk about the show in a positive light.
It's one thing to talk about things the show does that you don't like. It's another thing entirely to say shit like this:

Quote:
Lol, I guess you could call it having balls to change a superior story for your inferior, alternate version of it.
That's you being a smarmy asshole. Nobody wants to see that.

Quote:
Act better than people? No.
Do you understand that people can be assholes without consciously realizing it, because their egos prevent them from seeing themselves in a bad light? 'Cause that's the story of your life.
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
It's one thing to talk about things the show does that you don't like. It's another thing entirely to say shit like this:

That's you being a smarmy asshole. Nobody wants to see that.
What I responded to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraynium View Post
In any case this show is fucking great, and if you are too busy picking on differences to enjoy it, too bad. Absolutely every other person I've spoken to who read the books first has been thrilled with the show, and especially the parts where the show has the balls to even add stuff.
Yeah, I'm being smarmy by pointing out the "ballsy" things they do with the show depreciates the series. Meanwhile, the guy I'm replying to says the show is unequivocally flawless and anyone who says otherwise can basically fuck off.

Quote:
Do you understand that people can be assholes without consciously realizing it, because their egos prevent them from seeing themselves in a bad light? 'Cause that's the story of your life.
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
06-17-2012

I thought the dragon beat warlock thing was a bit meh also.
I expected 1 of the dragons to die or at least be forced around a bit, or the chick absorbing them and becoming Mother of Dragons the supersayan or some shit.
this was kinda lame.

oh hi Fierce.
ya dick

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
06-17-2012

Quote:
Yeah, I'm being smarmy by pointing out the "ballsy" things they do with the show depreciates the series.
Yeah, you were being a smarmy asshole then, and guess what? You're being a smarmy asshole again, right now, while claiming that you weren't being one earlier. Your lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the guy I'm replying to says the show is unequivocally flawless and anyone who says otherwise can basically fuck off.
He said it was great, not flawless. It's right in the post that you quoted. And he didn't say that anyone who disagreed should fuck off, he said, "if you are too busy picking on differences to enjoy it, too bad." That's you he's talking about. Maybe you should actually read what other people are saying.

And congratulations, you don't know what irony means.
Kraynium
And I'll make you famous.
Subtract from Kraynium's ReputationAdd to Kraynium's Reputation Kraynium is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Kraynium
06-17-2012

Quote:
You say it's great without realizing how much better it could be.
Uh, what good use is that to say? The show is absolutely great. That's all I can speak for myself for.

Quote:
Lol, I guess you could call it having balls to change a superior story for your inferior, alternate version of it.
Well I did say that I had spoken to people who have read it. And that was what they said. But I suppose I could mention now that I'm almost finished with the first book and I have no complaints so far. I will acknowledge that ACoK is supposed to be more different from what I've heard, before you point that out to me, but I'm sure no matter what I think of the book, I will always believe that the show is goddamn fantastic.

And I just read that you said I thought it was unequivocally flawless? Hahaha, what the hell? Way to put words in my mouth.

I'll illustrate an example to prove my point, somewhat ACoK book spoilers:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Kraynium; 06-17-2012 at 06:37 PM.
FierceElite
Meh
06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraynium View Post
Uh, what good use is that to say? The show is absolutely great. That's all I can speak for myself for.
That's fine. I only speak for myself. My point was just that you call it great, but from the perspective of someone who regards the books and how they're written highly, the show could (and should) be significantly better.

Quote:
Well I did say that I had spoken to people who have read it. And that was what they said. But I suppose I could mention now that I'm almost finished with the first book and I have no complaints so far. I will acknowledge that ACoK is supposed to be more different from what I've heard, before you point that out to me, but I'm sure no matter what I think of the book, I will always believe that the show is goddamn fantastic.
I had a number of issues throughout season 1, but yes, relative to season 2, season 1 wasn't that bad. I don't doubt you'll still enjoy the show. People who watch something before they read it almost always cling to the thing that gave them their initial impressions. Even amongst the people that read the series first, people like me are the minority. I'm fine with that. Not going to change how I feel.

Quote:
And I just read that you said I thought it was unequivocally flawless? Hahaha, what the hell? Way to put words in my mouth.
Sorry for the hyperbole. I was paying homage to the Colostomizer, who only deals in absolutes, and twists everything said to mean something more extreme.

Quote:
I'll illustrate an example to prove my point, somewhat ACoK book spoilers:

Spoiler!
Yes, that detracted from the battle for me, significantly. Along with a number of other things, but I acknowledge that was always going to get the shaft due to financial restraints.

I could go on near endlessly with the things I take liberties with in the show, but I'm not going to do that because it would take forever, and noone in this thread cares enough to know everything I hate about the show.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
06-17-2012

Quote:
Sorry for the hyperbole. I was paying homage to the Colostomizer, who only deals in absolutes, and twists everything said to mean something more extreme.
"I put words in your mouth to make it easier for me to dismiss you argument and look down on you. I did that because of the way that The Colostomizer acts, even though he has nothing to do with you or what you were saying."

That is the weakest rationalization for your bullshit that you've ever offered. Are you even trying?