Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
MsTkEyes
Pu$$yrich
Subtract from MsTkEyes's ReputationAdd to MsTkEyes's Reputation MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000 MsTkEyes IS OVER 9000
01-23-2007

Have yall written a review on Haven? I've seen it already just wanted to see what yall would say if you've seen it.

Or for Foreign "Dare Mo Shiranai" aka as Nobody Knows in english? Or Osama? I have seen these last two as well, just wanted other's opinions and why they weren't on the foreign's lists. Or atleast not Osama that was an astonishing film, an eye opener.
~up, up, up, up, up, up, up~

MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTkEyes View Post
Have yall written a review on Haven? I've seen it already just wanted to see what yall would say if you've seen it.

Or for Foreign "Dare Mo Shiranai" aka as Nobody Knows in english? Or Osama? I have seen these last two as well, just wanted other's opinions and why they weren't on the foreign's lists. Or atleast not Osama that was an astonishing film, an eye opener.
Osama was a good film, I really enjoyed it. It is relatively new and I need to see a film at least twice to add it to a list. I am working on a children's and anime list. The kid's list is easy, I am having trouble with the anime.

As for haven I was not that impressed. It was a Terintino-esk film on an Island with poor actors. The plot and idea of the film was good but the acting was not the best and neither was the cinematography which emphasized the island culture too much and did not let the movie take the front stage at parts. But an alright film. Just not that memorable.

I will put Dare Mo Shiranai on my list of movies to get, and get back to ya on that one. I am a fan of foreign films as you may have noticed.

Natural Born Killers was a shock film. Nothing more, nothing less. The only thing spectacular about that film was the editing of the film which was original. It will never be on my lists.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Peng
Well you are a festizio.
Subtract from Peng's ReputationAdd to Peng's Reputation Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Peng Send a message via MSN to Peng
01-23-2007

Bad Santa
Clerks 2
Accepted
Slackers
Out Cold
Click

The Departed
Lucky Number Slevin
Four Brothers

Edit: BILLY MADISON!?!?!?!?!?!
SeaHan
Wu-Tang Banga
Subtract from SeaHan's ReputationAdd to SeaHan's Reputation SeaHan is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SeaHan Send a message via Skype™ to SeaHan
01-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peng View Post
Bad Santa
Clerks 2
Accepted
Slackers
Out Cold
Click

The Departed

Lucky Number Slevin
Four Brothers

Edit: BILLY MADISON!?!?!?!?!?!
The only choice of yours that I agree with.
Peng
Well you are a festizio.
Subtract from Peng's ReputationAdd to Peng's Reputation Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Peng Send a message via MSN to Peng
01-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHan View Post
The only choice of yours that I agree with.
BILLY MADSION!?!?!?!?!

seriously
Scott
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Scott's ReputationAdd to Scott's Reputation Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Scott
01-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
the Protector - B

The only reason that I give this high of a grade for this film is the action. This is actually one of the worst plots I have EVER seen. Seriously, it is actually kinda worth it to see it just to see this bad of a plot made into a film. But the Action sequences are one of a kind and you will not see a faster guy on film than Tony Ja. There is even a cameo "handing of the torch" scene with Jackie Chan. But Quentin takes scenes from various famous Bruce Lee films and places them in this film. Everything from the kicking of the street light, a must see, to the "levels" fighting scene at the end are all just lovely. A definate renter especially for a group of guys and some beer, just keep in mind you will laugh at the plot and the editing.
Ong Bak was better than Tom Yum Goong. The fight scenes anyway.

And it wasn't Jackie Chan by the way, it was Panna Rittikrai, the stunt coordinator.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Ong Bak was better than Tom Yum Goong. The fight scenes anyway.

And it wasn't Jackie Chan by the way, it was Panna Rittikrai, the stunt coordinator.

Seriously? Not chan? I just looked up the credits and chan isn't listed but that sure as hell looks like him. You know, short, yellow, black hair. .. .

EDIT and I totally dissagree with you on the fight scenes. This was better than Ong Bak. A lot more energy put into them. Totally unrealistic as usual but better because of the energy. I got tired watching him in this one.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 01-23-2007 at 10:45 AM.
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
01-23-2007

Little Miss Sunshine
MarkedAchilles
01-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcontrall View Post
Little Miss Sunshine
Good film. I liked it b/c I like those types of films but it seems like it wants to be funny but just doesn't pull it off. It just made me sad I guess.

doTyA
Level 24
Subtract from doTyA's ReputationAdd to doTyA's Reputation doTyA is a novice
Send a message via AIM to doTyA Send a message via MSN to doTyA
01-23-2007

wow, Dane Cook's Vicious Circle is funny as shit...Why is it not on there?