Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-01-2007

Black Dahlia: B+

A low rating as I know for what I consider a great film but this was just a bit predictable for it to break into the A- category. The acting great except for Aaron Eckart, plot was good and the filmography was all great if not excellent. The standout of the film by far was Hillary Swank. She was amazing in this film and it is worth a rent just to see her in this. Swank was spectacular in her role and hot to boot so go grab this film.

One Night at the Museum: B-

Yes, I actually got to a movie theatre, and yes this is the film I went to. This was a fun film. I found it extremely entertaining and the plot is something that every person at some time wished would happen to them. Ben "I play the same role in every movie" Stiller was himself and a special appearance by Williams, Owens, and Owen really helps support the acting of the film. This is definately a renter and I do recommend it for anyone. You just feel happy at the end of it and you get to laugh more than you would think in it.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Angered
FTN
Subtract from Angered's ReputationAdd to Angered's Reputation Angered is a novice
01-01-2007

I thought Robin Williams supported the acting in Night of The Museum, however I really didn't find it funny, nor did anyone else in the same theater I was in..

I can tell evolution has taken a step into aceptance. I noticed Teddy Rosevelt mentioning a few times that we evolved from monkies. Ha ha, that's why you rated this movie so high!
Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-01-2007

I just like it that everything came to life. Evolution had nothing to do with it

As for acceptance of that, the only place that it isn't. . . doesn't matter to me.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

PhilliesPhan
Auld Lang Syne
Subtract from PhilliesPhan's ReputationAdd to PhilliesPhan's Reputation PhilliesPhan is a novice
Send a message via AIM to PhilliesPhan
01-01-2007

Marked, did you hear about Feast?

I saw it, and it wasn't that bad. I mean the acting and plot could have been much better, but it was a very entertaining movie.
Mobb was here.
MarkedAchilles
01-07-2007

Barnyard: B

Actually one of the better animals coming to life cartoons that they are pumping out every damm day. Of course it is funny because my man Steve Oedekerk was involved and did one of the voices as well. You all may know hiim from his masterpiece Kung Pow and soon to be sequel Kung Pow: Tongue of Fury. Typical plot but good voices, some even ones that we don't hear in every cartoon. So I enjoyed it.

Snakes on a Plane: C-

Ok and this is a high ranking for this film. It wasn't even funny. Sammy actually wasn't as horrible as I thougt he would be but holy crap that was a bad movie. If there wasn't such a large number of decent supporting cast members that I am fond of it would easily be in the D's. Not worth it even if you are drunk.

My Super ex-girlfriend: B

Not horrible, actually laughed a couple times as well. Highly recommend this as a date movie. It is a bit girly but still entertaining enough for guys and the girls are hot in it so there. Enough said.

Jackass 2: B+

Actually better than the first. Made me cringe on multiple occasions and kept my attention. The high rating goes to the fact that there are things in that film that I could of never thought of or even dared to do. Just messed up crap man.

Wicker Man: C+

Nick Cage is kinda hit and miss lately with the great films. He used to be 90-100 percent on but now I would say it is 50/50. This was a very predictable film and he was the only actor in it. There was no character development on any of the others people present and you knew what was going to happen from the title and the first 10 minutes of the film. Sad day in cage land.

Keaver
Level 50
Subtract from Keaver's ReputationAdd to Keaver's Reputation Keaver is on the rise to fame Keaver is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Keaver
01-07-2007

The best part about Snakes on a Plane is that Sammy only has like 20 lines in the whole movie if you pay attention lol.
I <3 Kordec
Roll Tide!
Subtract from I <3 Kordec's ReputationAdd to I <3 Kordec's Reputation I <3 Kordec is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I <3 Kordec
01-07-2007

Forget you. I love Snakes On A Plane. A++ IMO
WiZaNe
MLG Gameroom Mod
Subtract from WiZaNe's ReputationAdd to WiZaNe's Reputation WiZaNe is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to WiZaNe Send a message via MSN to WiZaNe
01-07-2007

Children of Men

http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=111918
WiZaNe

MySpace

AIM-WiZaNe8

MarkedAchilles
01-09-2007

Last Kiss: C+

Ok, I am a huge fan of Zach Braff and I am rating this low because it is one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen. The film as itself is pretty good. Probably with acting and writing a B+ but cripes is it sad. And as my life has gone a movie about people cheating on eachother, seriously is not a good thing for me to watch so the person that made me watch this with her seriously owes me some icecream and a backrub tonight.

Do not watch unless you are totally bored and need some sort of girly movie where at the end neither of you are going to want to have sex even if you are extremely drunk.

Zion
Jesus
Subtract from Zion's ReputationAdd to Zion's Reputation Zion is a novice
01-09-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Barnyard: B

Actually one of the better animals coming to life cartoons that they are pumping out every damm day. Of course it is funny because my man Steve Oedekerk was involved and did one of the voices as well. You all may know hiim from his masterpiece Kung Pow and soon to be sequel Kung Pow: Tongue of Fury. Typical plot but good voices, some even ones that we don't hear in every cartoon. So I enjoyed it.

NO FKIN way.

I thought that the sequel would NEVER come out!!!!

Give me more INFO!!!