Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
The Pistol
Wannabe baller
Subtract from The Pistol's ReputationAdd to The Pistol's Reputation The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to The Pistol
05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
I don't think it's that consumers want more of the same. I think franchise games released annually lack innovation because game companies don't want to pour all their good ideas into each game they release. They likely would rather release each game with a couple of different changes that consumers want to see. Not every single change. Make sense?

Just my thought.

I agree 100%
www.youtube.com/JsGameRoom
HSS Epic
Level 31
Subtract from HSS Epic's ReputationAdd to HSS Epic's Reputation HSS Epic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to HSS Epic Send a message via Yahoo to HSS Epic
05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
I don't think it's that consumers want more of the same. I think franchise games released annually lack innovation because game companies don't want to pour all their good ideas into each game they release. They likely would rather release each game with a couple of different changes that consumers want to see. Not every single change. Make sense?

Just my thought.
Makes a lot of sense. Its pretty pathetic though, cause from 1990-2004 there was a massive innovation in games. Now its pretty much stopped, or any innovation that was attempted was done poorly.
GamerTag - Epik CB

My Teams clips and matches
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
05-01-2012

Saves money.

I'm glad it made sense. I was afraid it came out weird.
The Pistol
Wannabe baller
Subtract from The Pistol's ReputationAdd to The Pistol's Reputation The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom The Pistol wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to The Pistol
05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSS Epic View Post
Makes a lot of sense. Its pretty pathetic though, cause from 1990-2004 there was a massive innovation in games. Now its pretty much stopped, or any innovation that was attempted was done poorly.

There was also a huge change though. From 8 bit to 16bit to 32 bit to 64 bit, to CD's.

We will see what the future holds though
www.youtube.com/JsGameRoom
own-dizzle
wus gud doee
Subtract from own-dizzle's ReputationAdd to own-dizzle's Reputation own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000
05-01-2012

i have so much more faith in treyarch than infinity ward
LeftyFlips
Level 11
Subtract from LeftyFlips's ReputationAdd to LeftyFlips's Reputation LeftyFlips is a novice
Send a message via Skype™ to LeftyFlips
05-01-2012
Default bleh

it isnt that cod is bad, its the people on it.
I probably wont be picking it up if its within 3 months of release of halo 4, which i think it will be. I need my halo time.
Talltan
Level 28
Subtract from Talltan's ReputationAdd to Talltan's Reputation Talltan is legendary Talltan is legendary Talltan is legendary
05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyFlips View Post
it isnt that cod is bad, its the people on it.
I probably wont be picking it up if its within 3 months of release of halo 4, which i think it will be. I need my halo time.
I'm proud of you Lefty.
Native Pride
Admiral Twitchy
Level 39
Subtract from Admiral Twitchy's ReputationAdd to Admiral Twitchy's Reputation Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana
05-02-2012

I don't like that it's set in the year 2025. I liked the older styled games, it's what made it different. I liked World at War a lot because of the bolt action rifles and style, not the new computer shit they have in these newer ones

"And as the pain set in, so did the realization; you were never coming home."
"There's an elephant in the back of the room and he's standing in plain view. Everyone can see, that it looks just like me."
sozkilla
Twitter : capace17
Subtract from sozkilla's ReputationAdd to sozkilla's Reputation sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000 sozkilla IS OVER 9000
05-02-2012

I actually liked Black Ops 1. It was actually fun with some multiplayer and zombies and plus I got the game for free

But this just looks bad with all the future crap.
NYG
Halo 2 Forever <3
BuK
Jaded
Subtract from BuK's ReputationAdd to BuK's Reputation BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000 BuK IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to BuK
05-02-2012

twas kind of looking forward to BO2 since I really enjoyed the first, but all the emphasis of it "being in the future" and appearing to focus primarily on futuristic weapons/killstreaks really disappoints me. may end up buying it, depending on what I see in the following months, but H4 is where my heart is this year.