Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2014
View Poll Results: Best Videos of Poll K?
Katalyst - Ambience - Halo 3 Montage 23 30.26%
Zen. Quantum. Clarity 28 36.84%
BEST OF MINT BLITZ 16 21.05%
HEATSEEKER 26 34.21%
Delightful - Sachiro/Dkahre 42 55.26%
Minty: Reach Mini "Sunshine" edited by TheSeattleRain 11 14.47%
Toasty's halo reach montage 1 41 53.95%
Come as You are - Marksman 9 11.84%
IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE 26 34.21%
Sucky :: "The Anomaly" - H3M2 19 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Toasthashost
lvl 37 Dwarf Paladin
Subtract from Toasthashost's ReputationAdd to Toasthashost's Reputation Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000 Toasthashost IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Toasthashost Send a message via MSN to Toasthashost Send a message via Skype™ to Toasthashost
01-15-2015

We should all vote for a THF Community montage so we can all win
My Youtube channel

The After Hours Members
Alcom
Toast
Winning

terv
YOU AINT GOT NO YEEZY?!!
Subtract from terv's ReputationAdd to terv's Reputation terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000
01-15-2015

1. delightful
2. immortal technique
3. toasty's final h:r tage
4. clarity
5. ambience
GT: ayy terv

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAYN3isTehSecks
Subscribe plz (:
Married to NickV
iTwich
H1//H2 PC
Subtract from iTwich's ReputationAdd to iTwich's Reputation iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin' iTwich is osageballin'
01-16-2015

Voted for Clarity because of the editing, and nothing else.

Least favorite heat as of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
ITT - how abrasive the H2V community is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KokoNuts View Post
This is why I love playing with Twch. He's the most lovely, helpful, encouraging, bright-side looking and kindest teammate ever.
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
01-16-2015

IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE deserves more votes.
Dudeman27
Level 31
Subtract from Dudeman27's ReputationAdd to Dudeman27's Reputation Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Dudeman27 Send a message via Yahoo to Dudeman27
01-17-2015

I really liked Heatseeker, Delightful, and Tosty.

Mint Blitz
Level 13
Subtract from Mint Blitz's ReputationAdd to Mint Blitz's Reputation Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided Mint Blitz is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Mint Blitz Send a message via Skype™ to Mint Blitz
01-17-2015

I didn't realise how much of a popularity contest it is, sucky getting more votes than me? k.
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
01-17-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Blitz View Post
I didn't realise how much of a popularity contest it is, sucky getting more votes than me? k.
not sure if kidding or not, his vid was creative/interesting and well executed.
Your GP may be ridiculous but a best of video doesnt get the same respect on the front of GP as putting out new, original GP. Else everyone would just make best of videos for contests. Not to the point where his GP would be rated higher than yours, but his overall package.. yes I would rate that as a better montage in a competition setting. I liked your edit btw, flowed well and presented the gp nicely, just not as engaging (which admittedly is hard to do with continuous long multi's).
> and I dont know Sucky, I've had more contact with you.

still gotta get to voting on all these

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late

Last edited by slater ohm; 01-17-2015 at 04:03 AM.
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
01-17-2015

I don't want to live in a world where Ambience doesn't advance.

In a community where "A Gamer Grows Up" get's heralded as one of the greatest ever, and nearly beats out Gunshot m2 in a montage comp (beating shook on3 and a number of other high caliber timeless classics in the process), I firmly expect an original and self-made OST with higher musical quality and greater musical talent to advance.
I understand Midpoint's video, and i love the track he made for it.... But if you take that track out of that video then no one is going to glance at that montage and that's just a fact. Average GP, average editing for the time. The final track created the entire mood for that video and combined emotion, gaming and music into one unique creation... and that's exactly what happened in ambience. You can call me a hater, but anyone who's ever said they loved AGGU, but doesn't vote for katalyst is a STRAIGHT UP HYPOCRITE, end of story. I obviously am taking AGGU over pretty much every h3 montage in a head to head match up, but it doesn't change the fact that katalyst did something we haven't seen literally since 2006 and all of you who want to ride the classic train and act like montage historians and NOT vote for Katalyst can all suck on a gigantic hypocritical dick.
Katalyst not advancing is literally the best example of how broken this forum voting system has become. This is why we don't have nice things.

#TeamKatalyst
LOST IN TIME

slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
01-17-2015

^^ pretty much agreed, Midpoint used words that have meaning we could all relate to so that's a lot stronger of a ball grabber to most (whether they like rap or not). Whereas making your own soundtrack is a bit trickier to make click with everyone.
Either way, def agree that Katalyst is a baller and it should go through

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
LuckyDutch
Level 24
Subtract from LuckyDutch's ReputationAdd to LuckyDutch's Reputation LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000
01-17-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Blitz View Post
Obviously it's a popularity contest, but that doesn't mean that's a bad thing, I think it's great to see which videos are the most popular.

Quote:
that's exactly what happened in ambience. You can call me a hater, but anyone who's ever said they loved AGGU, but doesn't vote for katalyst is a STRAIGHT UP HYPOCRITE, end of story. I obviously am taking AGGU over pretty much every h3 montage in a head to head match up, but it doesn't change the fact that katalyst did something we haven't seen literally since 2006 and all of you who want to ride the classic train and act like montage historians and NOT vote for Katalyst can all suck on a gigantic hypocritical dick.
Katalyst not advancing is literally the best example of how broken this forum voting system has become. This is why we don't have nice things.
AGGU and ambience are 2 different videos, so calling people that voted for AGGU and not Ambience a hypocrite is stupid. It doesn't mean that just because both videos are unique and original it immidiately means people should vote for one if they voted for the other one as well. (most) People just vote for the videos they enjoyed most and if that's an original video in 1 comp and a regular video with good gameplay for example in another, so be it.

Also, the system isn't broken. The most popular video needs to win so the best way to accomplish that is to let everyone vote for their favorites. The only flaws it has is that some people are just going to vote for friends or well known names, but that can't really be avoided, and that people can get influenced by looking at what the score is before voting, but as slater said somewhere, they can't help that.