Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
05-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Dude he is right, technically it is not proven as it is defined in science. It just has every piece of evidence pointing towards its accuracy.

Gravity is not proven, it is still a theory too. But we all know it exists. As the common man goes, evolution is a fact but not to you, me, or this guy (scientists ideally). We just treat it like that to simplify conversations with people it would take too long to explain what we are saying.
I conceded awhile ago that evolution as a whole is not proven. I also said that there are instances where evolution has occured and has been observed by human eyes. Those instances, and those instances alone, are individual proofs of a greater whole; and that those individuals don't necessarily prove the greater whole.

As a recap, there is only a handful of actual instances where evolution can be proven. Those can't be used to call the entire theory proven.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
05-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
I conceded awhile ago that evolution as a whole is not proven. I also said that there are instances where evolution has occured and has been observed by human eyes. Those instances, and those instances alone, are individual evidences of a greater whole; and that those individuals don't necessarily prove the greater whole.

As a recap, there is only a handful of actual instances where evolution can be proven. <---*FALSE* Those can't be used to call the entire theory proven.
You still aren't getting it, if you did you could wow those professors you were talking about. Hell, they were probably speaking that way so the kiddies could understand.

Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
05-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
You still aren't getting it, if you did you could wow those professors you were talking about. Hell, they were probably speaking that way so the kiddies could understand.
Do you refute that evolution has been observed by human eyes?
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
05-31-2007

Quote:
I conceded awhile ago that evolution as a whole is not proven. I also said that there are instances where evolution has occured and has been observed by human eyes. Those instances, and those instances alone, are individual proofs of a greater whole; and that those individuals don't necessarily prove the greater whole.

As a recap, there is only a handful of actual instances where evolution can be proven. Those can't be used to call the entire theory proven.
Yep.

And I think I have 3 of those instances in this thread. When you observe it first hand it is pretty hard to argue against.

And those other theories also involve with things like that are facts but trivial ones at that so that is why they are theories. But they thrown in Aliens, comets, god and spider monkey to spice things up.

Now. .. . after that has been settled, and you have read the thread. Let me now if you have any questions. Butthair and I are all over it when you do.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
05-31-2007

Quote:
Do you refute that evolution has been observed by human eyes?
No. Do you refute that evolution can't be proven?

MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
05-31-2007

Quote:
Macro and Micro has been observed first hand is what he s tryng to say.

And those terms are out of date if you guys care. They are not being used anymore.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

E Nomini Patri
Level 21
05-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Macro and Micro has been observed first hand is what he s tryng to say.

And those terms are out of date if you guys care. They are not being used anymore.
They are the ultimately the same thing. Micro = inch. Macro = mile. Figuratively.

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
05-31-2007

Quote:
No. Do you refute that evolution can't be proven?
Yes. In one of the instances I linked you (or maybe it was someone else) to earlier today, I showed you an article where over a few years, the genetic material of a species changed. That is the definition of evolution. In that one instance, evolution has been proven.

However, I do not refute that evolution can't be proven, in terms of definitively proving the first life-form ever to exist evolved into other life-forms, and eventually us.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
. . .
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
05-31-2007

Quote:
Yes. In one of the instances I linked you (or maybe it was someone else) to earlier today, I showed you an article where over a few years, the genetic material of a species changed. That is the definition of evolution. In that one instance, evolution has been proven.
That evidenced evolution indeed, however science can't prove anything. Not even Germ Theory.

Quote:
However, I do not refute that evolution can't be proven, in terms of definitively proving the first life-form ever to exist evolved into other life-forms, and eventually us.
Populations evolve, not individuals.

MarkedAchilles
05-31-2007

Quote:
That evidenced evolution indeed, however science can't prove anything. Not even Germ Theory.

Populations evolve, not individuals.
Some science has been proven mathematically. That is the only way anything is really proven.

From biology, chemistry and evolution the proofs in each field has been in mathematics applied to each.