Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Tobes
don't wanna meet ya daddy
Tobes's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 15,752
Subtract from Tobes's ReputationAdd to Tobes's Reputation Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000
#521
06-10-2014
Default

sigh
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
davobrosia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22,593
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
#522
06-10-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intactility View Post
1. What the fuck did 80% mean then? I never took it literal or as more than a made up number. The fact that you're bringing this up as opposed to any actual meaningful content is neat.
See also the five other times I explained it. The fact that I'm bringing it up is because it's funny and the more you completely fail to grasp it the funnier it gets. There is no further content to bring up that isn't making fun of how bad you missed the plot on this one.

Quote:
2. That's not true at all. You can't elaborate on something you agree with through another text? What?
Tell me more about what I mean when I say things about what I mean when I say things
Quote:
3.1 You're absolutely right it was lazy. I wasn't interested in reading the entire thing, as you said it wasn't a very key element to your elaboration and was "just icing". What's with the sudden change in pace and condemning me for skimming it?
All this, and yet here you are still thinking I'm talking about you ignoring the fucking gigantic NeoGAF quote and not about your ignoring and handwaving the shit surrounding it before going on and on and on about how I wasn't fair to you specifically when I said obvious hyperbolic jokes about Xbone purchasers. Please, please, please, please never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
sigh
I bet it's emulated, but not in the sense you might be thinking (e.g. most SNES emulators, Xbox 360 backward compatibility with select titles from Xbox One, as in the first Xbox), but through a compatibility layer to translate DLL calls 1:1 etc. Xbone software runs in a hypervisor anyway.
Spoiler!

Last edited by davobrosia; 06-10-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Intactility
hey
Intactility's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 2,048
Subtract from Intactility's ReputationAdd to Intactility's Reputation Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000 Intactility IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Intactility
#523
06-10-2014
Default

Do you communicate through a bunch of literary devices outside of this forum as well?
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
davobrosia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22,593
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
#524
06-10-2014
Default

Yes, and indeed you'll find that many people actually do use basic tools of conversation when they're shooting the shit with people.


Back to question one: are you developmentally disabled?
Spoiler!
I GinG I
I put the G in G.
I GinG I's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Humboldt County, CA
Posts: 3,560
Subtract from I GinG I's ReputationAdd to I GinG I's Reputation I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to I GinG I
#525
06-10-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausy View Post
I mean I thought there would be some skepticism, but negativity a day after this info drops? That's a little surprising to me. If this game maintains a population that is even marginally better than H4 I will be happy as fuck. That's all I wish for.

The idea that CoD is still going strong and Halo has died (or is in the process) still confounds me. What about Halo 1/2/3 appealed to a young audience then, but doesn't now with H4? Is it just because it was a terribly designed game that pissed off the avid Halo players to the point of quitting, which in turn made the more bandwagon inclined players to stop playing simply because of a population decrease? How has CoD been able to survive (and thrive) through their shitty iterations?

Maybe I'm just retarded lol.
Because CoD isn't trying to change a shit load. Except Ghosts, which is why more people play more bo2 than Ghosts now. At least last time I checked. I think there'll be a lot more people on this than halo 4 personally. People always just go on to the next game, often no matter how bad the game is. People bought Xbox for H2, bought 360's for H2 and for H3. I'd assume the generation that loved H1 n H2 have jobs to buy Xbox one's. Don't really see that as a major factor in effecting the halo population. But I'm sure it will impact it slightly, for some duration in the beginning.
Sausy
Level 15
Sausy's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 269
Subtract from Sausy's ReputationAdd to Sausy's Reputation Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Sausy
#526
06-10-2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I GinG I View Post
Because CoD isn't trying to change a shit load. Except Ghosts, which is why more people play more bo2 than Ghosts now. At least last time I checked. I think there'll be a lot more people on this than halo 4 personally. People always just go on to the next game, often no matter how bad the game is. People bought Xbox for H2, bought 360's for H2 and for H3. I'd assume the generation that loved H1 n H2 have jobs to buy Xbox one's. Don't really see that as a major factor in effecting the halo population. But I'm sure it will impact it slightly, for some duration in the beginning.
Yeah, I guess I forgot that humans love repetition. And the consumer masses are no different. I just hope you're right about the population being bigger than Halo 4 though.
Scarecrow
Vol So Hard!!!
Scarecrow's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Memphis
Posts: 26,345
Subtract from Scarecrow's ReputationAdd to Scarecrow's Reputation Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
#527
06-10-2014
Default

Guys Guys why are you arguing? H1 & H2 will be on Xbox live soon. This should be a celebration thread, Not one to start up dumb fights.
Support THF
Follow https://twitter.com/The_Halo_Forum
Like https://www.facebook.com/TheHaloForum
Sub https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForumChannel
Watch http://www.twitch.tv/thehaloforum

Sub to me also :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScarecrowIzAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUSEDGOAT View Post
IMaggot's footage is extremely solid, and Scarecrow has the clips almost no one else has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
HaloMaggot and Scarecrow seem the be the dynamic duo if its about getting original clips :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by komoto5 View Post
ritchie(maggot) is fun to make fun of because he's fat and does cocaine and he overselpt at mlg dallas last year and jesse(scarecrow) well hes just hella tight
Remember Reach
Level 20
Remember Reach's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tinnissay
Posts: 506
Subtract from Remember Reach's ReputationAdd to Remember Reach's Reputation Remember Reach is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Remember Reach Send a message via MSN to Remember Reach
#528
06-10-2014
Default

So what's the story on Halo 3 Anniversary? I haven't seen anything about it yet? I'm so excited for H2A as well, I spent my high school years playing Halo 3 though. I'm interested to see what they do with it. Is it just remastered?

I could give a fuck how many people are playing it. As long as it's fun and there's a decent enough population to keep the flow of games constant, I'm happy.

Last edited by Remember Reach; 06-10-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Wes
Wes's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 11,161
Subtract from Wes's ReputationAdd to Wes's Reputation Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000
#529
06-10-2014
Default

it's not an anniversary. it's just halo 3. that's it.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Nv1ncible's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,506
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
#530
06-10-2014
Default

Halo 3 and 4 aren't getting anniversary treatments, and they really don't need it. They'll just be getting the fidelity updates via an increased resolution and framerate.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off