Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,979
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
#401
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
To everyone quoting my post just ask yourself this: How can a montage with an overused style of editing, a frequent idea, the latest part in a series, be the most original just because it has a few jumps you're never seen before?

If you're going to say the new clips are what makes it original then that means almost every clip in Halo is original because seldom few clips are exact duplicates of each other.

Come one guys stop d-riding LBYL3 just because its the newest cool thing out now.
Nobody is gonna actually answer you, they'll just call you an idiot
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

She only comes to me in my dreams

So sleep becomes addicting
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...



xPhobiK
Level 27
xPhobiK's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,024
Subtract from xPhobiK's ReputationAdd to xPhobiK's Reputation xPhobiK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xPhobiK
#402
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
To everyone quoting my post just ask yourself this: How can a montage with an overused style of editing, a frequent idea, and the latest part in a series, be the most original just because it has a few jumps you're never seen before?

If you're going to say the new clips are what makes it original then that means almost every clip in Halo is original because seldom few clips are exact duplicates of each other.

Come one guys stop d-riding LBYL3 just because its the newest cool thing out now.
Which Video do you think was Most Original and Why?



Standards
Level 47
Standards's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 6,757
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
#403
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuLs33 View Post
LMAO, Strangestick just got jewed out of 50$.

I hated LBYJ, that sh.t wasn't original at all. How many jumping videos have you seen? Honestly.
How many multikill montages have you seen? More than jump tages, I know that. Point Invalid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
To everyone quoting my post just ask yourself this: How can a montage with an overused style of editing, a frequent idea, and the latest part in a series, be the most original just because it has a few jumps you're never seen before?

If you're going to say the new clips are what makes it original then that means almost every clip in Halo is original because seldom few clips are exact duplicates of each other.

Come one guys stop d-riding LBYL3 just because its the newest cool thing out now.

Explain to me, how making a video flow, and pretty much doing no editign other than that, is overused? IF anything, it's more professional. You say people are D-Riding LBYL3 when you're probably just going to turn around and D-ride some "cool" montage like Dutchy's M2 or something.

Just go back and read my other 700 arguments, feel like an idiot, and sign out. Case closed
briansoupy
Level 31
briansoupy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,121
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
#404
07-30-2010
Default

strangestick I watched A Scanner Darkly last night, and THAT'S how you paint over footage, it was gorgeous. Take notes. I might try that style for a trailer because it was so pretty, much more polished and smooth than Waking Life was.
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
xOVERKiLLx117x's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,236
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
#405
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
To everyone quoting my post just ask yourself this: How can a montage with an overused style of editing, a frequent idea, and the latest part in a series, be the most original just because it has a few jumps you're never seen before?

If you're going to say the new clips are what makes it original then that means almost every clip in Halo is original because seldom few clips are exact duplicates of each other.

Come one guys stop d-riding LBYL3 just because its the newest cool thing out now.
It's like you just copied all the anti-lbyl3 argument points from this thread and then pasted them here
xXSuperFlyXx
Level 12
xXSuperFlyXx's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 133
Subtract from xXSuperFlyXx's ReputationAdd to xXSuperFlyXx's Reputation xXSuperFlyXx is a novice
#406
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
How many multikill montages have you seen? More than jump tages, I know that. Point Invalid.





Explain to me, how making a video flow, and pretty much doing no editign other than that, is overused? IF anything, it's more professional. You say people are D-Riding LBYL3 when you're probably just going to turn around and D-ride some "cool" montage like Dutchy's M2 or something.

Just go back and read my other 700 arguments, feel like an idiot, and sign out. Case closed
EVERYBODY does that now, its pretty much the dominant form of editing for most montages that have come out for the past year.

I also don't care for any montage Dutchy is a part of, so you're wrong there.

Please grow up and come up with valid points if you're going to dispute my post.

PS: Your welcome to go back to around pages 19-22 of this thread to see where more of posts are and where you just bash anyone who does not agree with you.
xXSuperFlyXx
Level 12
xXSuperFlyXx's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 133
Subtract from xXSuperFlyXx's ReputationAdd to xXSuperFlyXx's Reputation xXSuperFlyXx is a novice
#407
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
It's like you just copied all the anti-lbyl3 argument points from this thread and then pasted them here

Then I must be doing a good job because I don't lurk this thread.

Plus I made a similar post around page 20.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
xOVERKiLLx117x's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,236
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
#408
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
Then I must be doing a good job because I don't lurk this thread.

Plus I made a similar post around page 20.
Standards
Level 47
Standards's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 6,757
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
#409
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
EVERYBODY does that now, its pretty much the dominant form of editing for most montages that have come out for the past year.
No... 90% of the videos released in this site either have bad subtle editing, or extreme overediting, there are a handful of editors that can make a video with good flow and not mess it up trying to do effects. Making a video flow is a MUST to have a good video, so your point is ignorant and just plain stupid. It's like trying to tell me playing my xbox with a controller is gay and overdone..
CaptainCrunch
Level 13
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Subtract from CaptainCrunch's ReputationAdd to CaptainCrunch's Reputation CaptainCrunch is a novice
#410
07-30-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
Then I must be doing a good job because I don't lurk this thread.

Plus I made a similar post around page 20.
Doin' a good job at being ignorant! bahahaha

not gonna lie though, the whole "flow" argument is sorta pointless. This was originality award, not editing award. As I realize that editing can be original, the editing for LBYL wasn't original. What makes LBYL3 original is the fact that we did sh.t in the video that nobody has ever done before. The ideas and concepts in that video are very very original. However, a jumping video is no more original than a frag video, and is no more original than a machinima, so I don't know what the f..k people are trying to say with the whole "its part of a series!" comment. It's like they wanted to see some naked b..ches in Halo, and it would've been original if they were licking each other's nipples because nobody has ever done a porno in halo3 before.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, it is your own opinion that LBYL3 wasn't as original as animatage, but saying it isn't original at all because it's a jumping video is f..king stupid.
~CaptainCrunch41

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 07-30-2010 at 01:04 PM.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off