Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Ash
No Gods, No Masters
Subtract from Ash's ReputationAdd to Ash's Reputation Ash is on the rise to fame Ash is on the rise to fame
Send a message via Skype™ to Ash
09-11-2006

You really need to try and find Audition, it's just disturbing.
SicKizZLe
Bury me in my squat rack
Subtract from SicKizZLe's ReputationAdd to SicKizZLe's Reputation SicKizZLe is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SicKizZLe Send a message via MSN to SicKizZLe Send a message via Yahoo to SicKizZLe
09-11-2006

Very nice List Marked! I haven't seen everything on the list but I've seen a few. Our tastes in movies seem very related. Next weekend, I'm going to head down to BlockBuster and pick some of these up.
JoeYYYY
Level 31
Subtract from JoeYYYY's ReputationAdd to JoeYYYY's Reputation JoeYYYY is a novice
Send a message via AIM to JoeYYYY
09-11-2006

Here are some thrillers/dramas you should definately look into...A lot on the concepts are mind blowing:

1. Begotten
2. City of God
3. Audition

Also an action movie I didnt catch up there...
"Man on Fire" (Denzel W. version)

Best action movie of the millenium IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpar7anx View Post
Yep this world is going to s**t, and in the future things is going to get worse, and idk probably a ww3 will break out and the world will be destroyed because of a nukeular war. garentee it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsUnAmI View Post
Taking God out of school isn't the problem. Punk kids running their parents is the problem. Not everybody believes in God, but I should let the school force prayers on my child why? What about Catholic students, they should have to pray to Jesus because why?
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
09-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted
Here are some thrillers/dramas you should definately look into...A lot on the concepts are mind blowing:

1. Begotten
2. City of God
3. Audition

Also an action movie I didnt catch up there...
"Man on Fire" (Denzel W. version)

Best action movie of the millenium IMO
Begotten and City of God are excellent. City of God is on my list already. Begotten doesn't cut it.

Man on Fire though. . . tisk tisk

L.O.R., Boondock Saints, Equilibrium, etc etc etc

Way more action movies that are better.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
JoeYYYY
Level 31
Subtract from JoeYYYY's ReputationAdd to JoeYYYY's Reputation JoeYYYY is a novice
09-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Begotten and City of God are excellent. City of God is on my list already. Begotten doesn't cut it.

Man on Fire though. . . tisk tisk

L.O.R., Boondock Saints, Equilibrium, etc etc etc

Way more action movies that are better.
How can you even make that claim?
Christian Bale's first mainscreen appearance came up short...to say the least.

You may not even classify Man on Fire as to the "action" genre...Maybe a drama.
Quote:
Yep this world is going to s**t, and in the future things is going to get worse, and idk probably a ww3 will break out and the world will be destroyed because of a nukeular war. garentee it.
Quote:
Taking God out of school isn't the problem. Punk kids running their parents is the problem. Not everybody believes in God, but I should let the school force prayers on my child why? What about Catholic students, they should have to pray to Jesus because why?
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
09-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted
How can you even make that claim?
Christian Bale's first mainscreen appearance came up short...to say the least.

You may not even classify Man on Fire as to the "action" genre...Maybe a drama.
You don't like American Psycho? That would be his first and it was great too.

When was the last time you saw equilibrium?

As for LOR and Boondock saints, that really isn't a claim that they are better than Man on Fire, it is a fact.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
JoeYYYY
Level 31
09-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
You don't like American Psycho? That would be his first and it was great too.

When was the last time you saw equilibrium?

As for LOR and Boondock saints, that really isn't a claim that they are better than Man on Fire, it is a fact.
The last time I saw equilibrium would be the last time it aired on Showtime...Probably 4-5 months...I've seen it 3 times...Its a decent action flick sure...But on the scale of Man on fire? Not in my opinion...nowhere close.

I haven't seen Boondock Saints, and I walked out of American Psycho in the theater...Stupid movie.
Quote:
Quote:
Td Sticki Icki
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Td Sticki Icki's ReputationAdd to Td Sticki Icki's Reputation Td Sticki Icki is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Td Sticki Icki Send a message via MSN to Td Sticki Icki Send a message via Yahoo to Td Sticki Icki
09-12-2006

dude my fav movies i can think of right now are: V for Vendetta. that is my fav movie, other movie your missing out on are : Taxi Driver, Boondock Saints, Donnie Darko, Underworld 1 & 2, Sin City, My Cousin Vinny, Ray, Running Scared, The Crow(first one only, others sucked), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Cold Mountain(because i love Nicole Kidman and because it was mainly filmed in Romania )

and other movies, just have to think of them first
TdStickiIcki

I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence

Last edited by Td Sticki Icki; 09-12-2006 at 04:02 PM.
DvS s0d4 p0p
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from DvS s0d4 p0p's ReputationAdd to DvS s0d4 p0p's Reputation DvS s0d4 p0p is a novice
09-12-2006

lolz...i probably wont hav tim3 to watch all those movies in 1 lifetime..but ill try
Cool snipes hurricane.
{""""""""""""""""""""""}+++
{ truck o ya }__ +++
{__^^______^^___}___|+++
[IMG]sig_1.psd[/IMG]
XGhOsT0p3rAt0rX
Level 10
Subtract from XGhOsT0p3rAt0rX's ReputationAdd to XGhOsT0p3rAt0rX's Reputation XGhOsT0p3rAt0rX is a novice
Send a message via AIM to XGhOsT0p3rAt0rX
09-13-2006

grandmahs boy is the funiest movie ever

i am the ghost and this is how i play you

www.freewebs.com/ghostmods

check out the bizness