Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Savagr
Level 21
Subtract from Savagr's ReputationAdd to Savagr's Reputation Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via Skype™ to Savagr
01-18-2015
Default Utopia (UK TV Series)

This is one of the most gorgeous shows I've ever seen, in terms of cinematography and the color palette used. It includes a lot of really beautiful shots and some really over saturated colors that fit the story really well.

Don't let the above video fool you, the story is very interesting and made me think a lot. The line between villain and hero isn't very distinguished so I found myself torn between the two. I don't want to say too much about the plot, but I recently read Inferno by Dan Brown and the philosophical questions in that book are really similar to the ones in this show. I went in knowing nothing about it, and only having watched the video I posted and I loved it. It's one of a only few shows that surprised me in the first episode and it just keeps getting better from there.

Unfortunately the show was cancelled after the 2nd season, but HBO is supposed to be doing an adaptation of it, directed by David Fincher. I'm a big fan of Fincher and his works so I'll be looking forward to it, but it will be pretty damn hard to top this.

If you have seen it, what did you think of it?

If not, go watch the first episode and I bet you'll want to watch the rest.

edit: found the first 3 episodes on YouTube.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Savagr; 01-18-2015 at 09:14 AM.
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
01-18-2015

Not sure if Fincher is the right fit for the US adaptation. Besides piss colors everywhere of course. I guess time will tell.
Savagr
Level 21
Subtract from Savagr's ReputationAdd to Savagr's Reputation Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via Skype™ to Savagr
01-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lahey View Post
Not sure if Fincher is the right fit for the US adaptation. Besides piss colors everywhere of course. I guess time will tell.
I'm skeptical as well. I'm also curious to see how much of the violence remains from the original. I can think of 1 or 2 scenes that might not be recieved well with an American audience. Then again, it is HBO, they can get away with a lot.

Spoiler!
vook
Level 12
Subtract from vook's ReputationAdd to vook's Reputation vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana
01-19-2015

Fucking LOVED this show. Incredible soundtrack, too. I bombed through the whole thing in a weekend and was very sad to go back to reality afterwards. I've got high hopes for the HBO adaptation, but I'm worried that they're already set too high.

I love the scene in the bus station where
Spoiler!

Definitely blurs villain and hero. Watching Wilson Wilson's transformation is insane.
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
01-19-2015

I don't really have enough good things to say about this show. I found it a couple months ago and was hooked pretty quick. I think I watched both seasons like rapid fire. I especially enjoyed how I went through a period of liking and rooting for each character as well as a period of legitimately disliking and wishing for the worst to happen to each character. I don't think any other show has made me flip flop on who I liked more nearly as much as this one did. Very interesting story, good acting, the right amount of absurdness and comedy...the show is just really good all around.
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

She only comes to me in my dreams

So sleep becomes addicting
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...