Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
HC FEAR FR33BORN
Level 21
Subtract from HC FEAR FR33BORN's ReputationAdd to HC FEAR FR33BORN's Reputation HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via Skype™ to HC FEAR FR33BORN
12-30-2014
Lightbulb Dying Light (PS4, XboxOne, PC)

Dying Light
Hello everyone i been wanting to share the information about this game because i been thinking that maybe a lot of you guys are maybe interested in the Zombie horror games that bring out a thrilling rush so i hope this information helps out in any kind of way. There will be a Link below the thread of where i got this information.

Dying Light is a zombie apocalypse-themed game set in an open world in the city of Urfa, Turkey. Players traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population with a heavy focus on free running mechanics. Players also can customize the four characters in the game.

The game is mostly melee-based with the majority of fighting using melee weapons. There are more than 100 weapons that can be used and more when players begin crafting new weapons.

Dying Light contains a dynamic day and night cycle. During the day, the player has to go out and scavenge for supplies to send back to the safe zones. They can also set up traps, save random survivors, and make their way to airdrops. The infected are SLOW, apathetic, and easily visible, allowing the player to simply make their way past them, but their danger grows in numbers. The game will also feature a dynamic weather system, which will include a variety of conditions such as fog, rain, and wind.

When the sun goes down in Dying Light, the infected transform into something much more dangerous. Without daylight, the senses of the infected become more acute and accurate. They gain the ability to sprint after the player and have increased damage, as well as the ability to jump and climb buildings like the player. In order for the player to avoid contact, they need to use their Night Sense to locate zombies in the dark to stay out of their way. If spotted and trying to escape their pursuers, the player can use distractions and traps to lower their numbers. Players can use sound to lure the zombies.

On October 1, 2014, Techland announced that there will be over 50 hours of gameplay in the full version of game including all downloadable content

Multiplayer
Online multiplayer has been announced for up to 4 players in the co-op mode. It has also been confirmed that the game will offer asymmetrical multiplayer. There will be a pre-order exclusive game mode known as "Be the Zombie" that will allow the player to play as a zombie and join other players' worlds. At EGX 2014, lead GAME DESIGNER Maciej Binkowski, revealed that there will be challenges throughout the world for players to engage in for experience. Two challenges were showcased with one being a fight to kill as many zombies as possible and the other being a race to an airdrop.

Plot
Players will assume the role of Kyle Crane (Roger Craig Smith), an undercover operative sent to infiltrate the quarantine zone in the Harran (Urfa's Village, Turkey), and watch as the rules that govern civilization crumble to dust.

Development
When development of Dying Light started in early 2012, report claimed that Dying Light was originally a Dead Island sequel, but members from Techland later confirmed to Hardcore Gamer that the game is "an original title from its very beginning." Techland also did not agree with the creative vision of Dead Island and considered themselves "not in a very good BUSINESS position" with Dead Island. Therefore, Techland decided to split with publisher Deep Silver and start developing Dying Light. However, Techland promised that Dying Light would be of better quality than Dead Island due to its complex gameplay, extensive story as well as its more serious and mature tone. The development team also considered Dying Light "an opportunity to prove to people that we (Techland) have made a AAA game". The game was originally planned to release in 2014. However, on May 8, 2014, Techland announced that the game was delayed until 2015 due to a "desire to innovate". At E3 2014, Techland announced that Dying Light will have a strong emphasis on role-playing. The game was first scheduled to be released in February 2015, but later was announced that the release date was pushed forward to January 2015.

On October 28, 2014, Techland announced that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game have been cancelled. The decision was based on "thorough internal testing" that showed that the consoles could not handle the game properly.

Techland originally aimed to deliver a 60 FPS frame rate on both PS4 and Xbox One. However, according to Senior Game Producer Adrian Ciszewski, Dying Light's frame rate will be locked at 30 FPS on consoles in order to be able to deliver native 1080p graphics, reduce input lag to minimum, as well as to provide a smoother and more gameplay-tailored performance. He considered 1080p/30 FPS "the optimal solution for Dying Light and all its gameplay features on consoles".

A season pass of the game was announced on December 4, 2014 and will offer a range of new content for the game, including missions, weapons and outfits. The first DLC, Cuisine & Cargo will also be available first to Seasonal Pass Holder. An Ultimate Edition, which include both the base game and the seasonal pass was also announced.

Information Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_Light

Video Gameplay:

Check out my fan page's to keep updated!
I make Signature's and Avatar's and More!
I make Dubstep music albums!
Fosston, Minnesota, U.S.A

stormy
Level 38
Subtract from stormy's ReputationAdd to stormy's Reputation stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided
12-30-2014

Looks pretty fun. I wonder if they'll add a 3rd person element.
HC FEAR FR33BORN
Level 21
Subtract from HC FEAR FR33BORN's ReputationAdd to HC FEAR FR33BORN's Reputation HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided HC FEAR FR33BORN is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via Skype™ to HC FEAR FR33BORN
12-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Looks pretty fun. I wonder if they'll add a 3rd person element.
Probably not but still a game i recommend you and your friends getting because it's a really good game.
Check out my fan page's to keep updated!
I make Signature's and Avatar's and More!
I make Dubstep music albums!
Fosston, Minnesota, U.S.A

Jarrad
Level 11
Subtract from Jarrad's ReputationAdd to Jarrad's Reputation Jarrad is on the rise to fame Jarrad is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Jarrad Send a message via Skype™ to Jarrad
01-02-2015

Im thinking about pre-ordering the game, it looks like a fun game to do co-op with and just play around, im interested in how they execute the game and if its not just going to be hyped up and turn out bad.

Muhzzy
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Muhzzy's ReputationAdd to Muhzzy's Reputation Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000
01-27-2015

Anyone getting this game today? I pre ordered it but I wanted to see more gameplay before paying off the rest

Lost in Time

Follow All THF Social Media Sites Below!!

GT - Muhzzy
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
01-27-2015

would've had this game already if the physical version wasn't delayed by a fucking month I know the benefits of downloading games but I'm still a sucker for physical copies. def in my top 5 of games im looking forward to. I love open-world/zombie games (currently playing Dead Rising 3 and Dead Island riptide)
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
Muhzzy
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Muhzzy's ReputationAdd to Muhzzy's Reputation Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000
01-28-2015

Say whaaa? So, the physical copy is delayed all over, or just in certain areas?

Lost in Time

GT - Muhzzy
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
01-28-2015

I think it's world-wide but im not sure. But over here the official release date for the physical version is february 27th. I think it got delayed because it contained muslim zombie's or something.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
I Blitsz I
Level 9000
Subtract from I Blitsz I's ReputationAdd to I Blitsz I's Reputation I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000 I Blitsz I IS OVER 9000
01-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhzzy View Post
Say whaaa? So, the physical copy is delayed all over, or just in certain areas?
Just get it on steam? and you can play already

or wait for the xbox one version which still take a month
Muhzzy
THF VIP Member
01-28-2015

I just read it's for Europe only. The physical copy released yesterday in the US.

Lost in Time

GT - Muhzzy