Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
H2F ShocK
H2F OG
Subtract from H2F ShocK's ReputationAdd to H2F ShocK's Reputation H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000
12-16-2014
Default TV's/Monitors for Gaming?

Hola amigos/amigas.

I'm looking to downsize on the TV that I play my Xbox on. I currently play on a 32" Vizio, and everything works fine, but I noticed that I tend to play better on my friends 24" monitor/TV. I'm not quite sure why this is, but it must be that my vision is much tighter when playing games, so they don't have to scan as far. <-- just a guess.

But yeah, I wanted to reach out and see what you guys (and gals) recommend for gaming. Again, its primary use would be the Xbox One. Any differences between a TV and a computer monitor?

Something I was looking at:
http://us.aoc.com/monitor_displays/e2752vh
Muhzzy
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Muhzzy's ReputationAdd to Muhzzy's Reputation Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000
12-18-2014

Here you go.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

Lost in Time

Follow All THF Social Media Sites Below!!

GT - Muhzzy
CrosS_
Level 26
Subtract from CrosS_'s ReputationAdd to CrosS_'s Reputation CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield
12-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2F ShocK View Post
Hola amigos/amigas.

I'm looking to downsize on the TV that I play my Xbox on. I currently play on a 32" Vizio, and everything works fine, but I noticed that I tend to play better on my friends 24" monitor/TV. I'm not quite sure why this is, but it must be that my vision is much tighter when playing games, so they don't have to scan as far. <-- just a guess.

But yeah, I wanted to reach out and see what you guys (and gals) recommend for gaming. Again, its primary use would be the Xbox One. Any differences between a TV and a computer monitor?

Something I was looking at:
http://us.aoc.com/monitor_displays/e2752vh

you play better on your friend's 24" monitor because it probably has much less input lag/response time, and much higher refresh rate. most TVs dont refresh at 60hz unless you get one that is designed to have that feature.

i use a 144hz asus vg248qe (1ms) when i want to play seriously on console but i cant use my capture card and play on it at the same time, so i use a 19" LED tv (5ms) while im capturing.

if i had the money to spare right now, i'd buy the benq xl2411t 144hz 1ms monitor.
Paniik
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Paniik's ReputationAdd to Paniik's Reputation Paniik is a novice
12-19-2014

BenQ's and Asus seem to be some of the more popular gaming monitors but anything with 1ms/2ms should suit you well