Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
FL0W
Level 15
Subtract from FL0W's ReputationAdd to FL0W's Reputation FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-30-2014
Default need help with capture card

sup guys,

i have a Roxio gamecap PRO, i know its not really good. but thats like the best thing we can buy in my country for a reasonable price.
it comes with its own software.

now when i cap at, doesnt matter if its 480 or 720p, its all fine
i can cap like the POV and like 1 or 2 angles just fines.
but after it starts lagging. which forces me to restart the software and then 1 out of 2 times its still lagging while capping.
its really annoying as you may know. because it takes so much longer doing it this way.

side note: with lagging i mean the preview screen on my capping software starts twitching ( just like the AAE effect ) and when i open the file its in there aswell

so: is there any other software i can use with my capture card or any other solutions to fix this??

because its starting to piss me off and the worst thing its demotivating alot since it takes so damn long to cap everything.

thanks in advance
Hyena
Lightning Sniper
Subtract from Hyena's ReputationAdd to Hyena's Reputation Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000
08-30-2014

Yo flow, i have the exact same CC and ended up smashing it lol, the preview thing what you have to do is turn the bitrate ( there a slider thing on the left i think ) right down until it stops doing it, also keep an eye on it because it seems to happen more when theres been a black screen on during capping.

Also do you mean the software itself is really laggy?
FL0W
Level 15
Subtract from FL0W's ReputationAdd to FL0W's Reputation FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FL0W wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-30-2014

no the software is doing fine, its just the preview screen
but ill try to turn the bitrate down a bit.

thanks

edit: lol the slider is gone, because it just had an update. i could still lower the bitrate in options tho.
but i just noticed what the problems is. because u said about the black screen..

what i end up doing is when i finished capping the clip. i keep pressing back on the arrow pad.
which causes black flashes to go back to beginning of the clip. and thats where it starts lagging.

still annoying tho..

Last edited by FL0W; 08-30-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Hyena
Lightning Sniper
Subtract from Hyena's ReputationAdd to Hyena's Reputation Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000
08-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0W View Post
no the software is doing fine, its just the preview screen
but ill try to turn the bitrate down a bit.

thanks

edit: lol the slider is gone, because it just had an update. i could still lower the bitrate in options tho.
but i just noticed what the problems is. because u said about the black screen..

what i end up doing is when i finished capping the clip. i keep pressing back on the arrow pad.
which causes black flashes to go back to beginning of the clip. and thats where it starts lagging.

still annoying tho..
Glad you figured it out bro, i hated that fucking roxio shit
FL0W
Level 15
08-30-2014

I still hate it lol. I had whole day free today and i planned to cap all clips and angles. But i managed to get 6/20 clips with its angles capped before i raged lol