Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
Faint
Level 43
Subtract from Faint's ReputationAdd to Faint's Reputation Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000 Faint IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Faint Send a message via MSN to Faint
02-13-2014

So I got my adapter and controller but everything feels a bit off. I have to press down all the way on the L and R triggers for them to work. I tested this on my Gamecube and I barely have to press them for them to work.
Phazix
Level 47
Subtract from Phazix's ReputationAdd to Phazix's Reputation Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000
02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill View Post
i'll take that pussy. bring it, fgt

i just played a tournament and i wrecked the kids, they were mostly scrubs that couldn't do advanced techniques besides edgehogging (not that i'm much better). but yeah i'm feeling good, didn't lose a game.

my friend is in pi lamba phi and they're having a tournament monday night, should be fun. i think there's a cash prize.

edit: just got a reality check. my friend/training buddy came over sober this time and absolutely wrecked me as Ness
don't feel bad about losing to a low tier. I've lost to a bowser before in tournament, you just have to fight different characters different ways. everybody knows how to fight fox but i doubt anybody knows how to fight a game and watch
Trendkill
A Bitter Old Man
Subtract from Trendkill's ReputationAdd to Trendkill's Reputation Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000
02-14-2014

yeah man i couldn't figure out how to avoid that pk flash when he was edge guarding. i beat him 2/5 games when he was ness, but even then it was so close.

but yeah that's definitely a good point, i've only played against like sheiks, marths, falcons and falcos/foxes.
Charlii
ALL I BLOW IS LOUD
Subtract from Charlii's ReputationAdd to Charlii's Reputation Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica
02-15-2014

Anyone tryna play online?
Bitplague
Subtract from Bitplague's ReputationAdd to Bitplague's Reputation Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000
02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazix View Post
don't feel bad about losing to a low tier. I've lost to a bowser before in tournament, you just have to fight different characters different ways. everybody knows how to fight fox but i doubt anybody knows how to fight a game and watch

I wanna main G&M but I gotta unlock him first hehehe

Charlii
ALL I BLOW IS LOUD
Subtract from Charlii's ReputationAdd to Charlii's Reputation Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica Charlii still downloads from Mythica
02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitplague View Post
I wanna main G&M but I gotta unlock him first hehehe
No. No you don't. G&W is so baaaaaaaaaad
Bitplague
Subtract from Bitplague's ReputationAdd to Bitplague's Reputation Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000
02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlii View Post
No. No you don't. G&W is so baaaaaaaaaad
Oh right it's G&W

And man there is no point in playing smash here, there's only one guy I know who plays it and nothing on fora or whatever. So why not just have fun.

Phazix
Level 47
Subtract from Phazix's ReputationAdd to Phazix's Reputation Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000 Phazix IS OVER 9000
02-15-2014

G&W can be fun but he is really bad because a few of his moves won't l-cancel, for some strange reason
Charlii
ALL I BLOW IS LOUD
02-15-2014

D-tilt all day
Trendkill
A Bitter Old Man
Subtract from Trendkill's ReputationAdd to Trendkill's Reputation Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000 Trendkill IS OVER 9000
02-17-2014

for those who care today was my first "real" tournament against good players and i got kinda wrecked. like, it wasn't that bad, i'm just not used to losing like that after trying so hard.

there was winners and losers bracket but it was single match because the kids in the frat running it didn't feel like keeping it going that long. i played some decent kids early on and didn't lose a stock until q finals

the first good kid i played against was in quarter finals and he was a Peach. i seriously couldn't land a hit on him at first. i couldn't figure out his attacks, i've never played someone like that. he was blocking all my attacks perfectly, doing weird fucking combos and throwing turnips at me when he got me off the stage. he was like impossible to hit. he got me down 4 stocks to 1 but i brought it back 1 to 1 with some pretty dirty edgeguards (sorry /bragging) but he got too much damage on me and i was done. he was a really nice dude though, reminded me of PC Chris from that documentary. i talked to him for a while afterwards, apparently he never loses and told me i got him nervous

the next good kid was in loser finals. he was one of Peach's (the first guy i lost to) friends that he came with. i swear to god this kid could be a meme. he was really one of the biggest faggots i've ever met in person. he was taking it so seriously, literally claiming he was the best there even though he really wasn't that great, talking mad shit, acting like a big tryhard and he johned SO HARD the entire tournament. we were mocking him hard during the match, especially when i spiked him and he said that his C-stick wasn't working lol. he played Fox and it was similar to the last game, he had me up 3 to 1, i brought it back to 1 to 1 but then i did a really shitty self destruct and lost (i was probably going to lose anyway in all fairness so i didn't complain). but yeah the kid was a fag so i was a little bummed i didn't get to personally take him down. i couldn't believe someone like that exists

/rant

but anyway i'm happy with how i did overall. i think my marth is getting a lot better and i'm starting to get a better grasp of the game and how to read people.