Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
Savagr
Level 21
Subtract from Savagr's ReputationAdd to Savagr's Reputation Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided Savagr is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via Skype™ to Savagr
01-25-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2F ShocK View Post
Sweet, thanks boss.

Any common mistakes that people make when they first start?
Not really, it's mostly self explanatory, there's no wrong way to play it, but there definitely are ways to rank up more efficiently, i.e. bounties. I just level up my Vanguard by doing story missions/strikes/bounties, then I can eventually get legendary gear. Some people like to grind multiplayer because it's less repetitive, but it also takes a little more effort.

I've got vanguard bounties down to a science; I can usually do all 6 daily vanguard bounties in about an hour, but it's pretty grindy and not very fun because I've played all the missions so many times now.

Once you're level 26, you can do the Vault of Glass Raid, and that's literally the best part of the game IMO. Then there's the weekly Heroic and Nightfall strikes, which are basically just strikes but with modifiers that make them a pain in the ass. You can get good weapons/armor from them though.

Quote:
Really having a hard time choosing which class I want to be. I played as a Titan at my buddies house...but the Hunter's abilities look crazy and the Warlock just looks badass.
I made a Titan as my first class, then when I reached max level and got bored with that, I made a Hunter class and it was really refreshing playing with different abilities. Hunter is probably my favorite. I have a Warlock class too, but I don't enjoy it as much as Hunter or Titan.

You can either pick one and play it until you get bored, or make one of each kind, play them a bit and see which one you like best.

Spoiler!
Gage
VIP just not in the group
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
01-25-2015

Hunter masterrace reporting in.

Seriously though,
If you like being slow and a tank, go with the Titan. So many 1-hit-kill abilities it's fucking ridiculously OP in multiplayer.
If you like jumping really high or really far, go with the Warlock. He's slow as shit, too, and also has 1-hit-kill abilities. And (if you have your super) you can self-revive when you die. Basically playing the game on Easy.
The Hunter is made for people who (like me) enjoy being agile and dealing lots of damage in small amounts of time.
The Hunter is the only class that has the ability to completely interrupt a downwards fall and immediately gain upwards momentum, just by pressing jump while you're in air. Any of the other classes just glide... once they're falling, they can't jump back up on any surface/platform. This may not sound like a big deal, but it's huge when you're playing a raid and you accidentally fall off a ledge and as a Hunter, you're able to triple jump right back up on top to keep from dying.

Like the guy above me said, there's no wrong way to play this game -- you play it the way you enjoy it. I'm at the point now where I'm the highest level in the game with literally every exotic weapon that the game can drop... there's nothing else left for me to do. You don't want to hit that point because then you don't really have a reason to play anymore. I have three characters and they're all maxed out... nothing left to do until the next DLC drops in March.

But if you want a good group of people who can help you level up and learn how to make the most efficient use of your time while you're playing, add me and I'll get you into the group of all my buddies. There's about 16 of us and we're all the max level and constantly raiding/doing the nightfalls/weeklies. They'll get you to where you need to be.
H2F ShocK
H2F OG
Subtract from H2F ShocK's ReputationAdd to H2F ShocK's Reputation H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000
01-25-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
Hunter masterrace reporting in.

Seriously though,
If you like being slow and a tank, go with the Titan. So many 1-hit-kill abilities it's fucking ridiculously OP in multiplayer.
If you like jumping really high or really far, go with the Warlock. He's slow as shit, too, and also has 1-hit-kill abilities. And (if you have your super) you can self-revive when you die. Basically playing the game on Easy.
The Hunter is made for people who (like me) enjoy being agile and dealing lots of damage in small amounts of time.
The Hunter is the only class that has the ability to completely interrupt a downwards fall and immediately gain upwards momentum, just by pressing jump while you're in air. Any of the other classes just glide... once they're falling, they can't jump back up on any surface/platform. This may not sound like a big deal, but it's huge when you're playing a raid and you accidentally fall off a ledge and as a Hunter, you're able to triple jump right back up on top to keep from dying.

Like the guy above me said, there's no wrong way to play this game -- you play it the way you enjoy it. I'm at the point now where I'm the highest level in the game with literally every exotic weapon that the game can drop... there's nothing else left for me to do. You don't want to hit that point because then you don't really have a reason to play anymore. I have three characters and they're all maxed out... nothing left to do until the next DLC drops in March.

But if you want a good group of people who can help you level up and learn how to make the most efficient use of your time while you're playing, add me and I'll get you into the group of all my buddies. There's about 16 of us and we're all the max level and constantly raiding/doing the nightfalls/weeklies. They'll get you to where you need to be.
Thank you, man! I went with Hunter because Glide and 1-hit kills don't appeal to me, I'd rather jump.

I'll add you! Anyone else feel free to add me as well
WiNDeX
OG
Subtract from WiNDeX's ReputationAdd to WiNDeX's Reputation WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000 WiNDeX IS OVER 9000
01-28-2015

What are you talking about? Golden gun is 3 automatic one hit kills and blade dancer is a guaranteed 2 kills minimum before that huge shield wears off.
H2F ShocK
H2F OG
Subtract from H2F ShocK's ReputationAdd to H2F ShocK's Reputation H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000
01-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNDeX View Post
What are you talking about? Golden gun is 3 automatic one hit kills and blade dancer is a guaranteed 2 kills minimum before that huge shield wears off.
I just mean the one-time use ground-pound and voidwalker. I'd rather have 3 bullets than one "clear-house" move.

Also, I'm up to a level 18. Could use some help with the harder story missions/strikes/raids if anyone wants to add me and doesn't mind carrying a noob.
Admiral Twitchy
Level 39
Subtract from Admiral Twitchy's ReputationAdd to Admiral Twitchy's Reputation Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana
01-29-2015

Fuck trying the nightfall by yourself as a Hunter. Not even worth the time. I kill a guy and his bullets hit me after he's dead and I die. I would try it on my warlock but I don't have it unlocked. Have to wait until Xur gets in the tower so I can buy a stupid urn so I can continue the dlc. So gay

"And as the pain set in, so did the realization; you were never coming home."
"There's an elephant in the back of the room and he's standing in plain view. Everyone can see, that it looks just like me."
ohem
キラー羊
Subtract from ohem's ReputationAdd to ohem's Reputation ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to ohem Send a message via Skype™ to ohem
01-29-2015

Soloing the lamp part on hard mode as a hunter is fun times

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Gage
VIP just not in the group
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
01-29-2015

Quote:
I just mean the one-time use ground-pound and voidwalker. I'd rather have 3 bullets than one "clear-house" move.

Also, I'm up to a level 18. Could use some help with the harder story missions/strikes/raids if anyone wants to add me and doesn't mind carrying a noob.
Hey, if you see me on, it's actually my dad playing on my account.
I haven't played at all in the past two weeks, work & school have me tied down.
H2F ShocK
H2F OG
01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Twitchy View Post
Fuck trying the nightfall by yourself as a Hunter. Not even worth the time. I kill a guy and his bullets hit me after he's dead and I die. I would try it on my warlock but I don't have it unlocked. Have to wait until Xur gets in the tower so I can buy a stupid urn so I can continue the dlc. So gay
At least Xur will be available tomorrow. Also, I added you, needing more Destiny friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
Hey, if you see me on, it's actually my dad playing on my account.
I haven't played at all in the past two weeks, work & school have me tied down.
Totally understand. Although, your dad is pretty awesome for wanting to play video games.

I didn't try to join or invite you, just sent you a msg saying it was me