Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
mike
OG status
mike's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Stay True.
Posts: 31,529
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
#31
07-09-2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
This is just an idea... but what if all our science is basically invented bullsh.t that makes sense to us, but does not really apply for anything in the universe? as in we as a species will never know how anything truely is or came to be because we are simply not capable of understanding.

Not a bash on science, just a skeptical thought. (Ill probably still get hated for not whole-heartedly saying science is the correct idea about the creation of everything.)



what if science is what god invented to filter out all the non christ lovers




you should google, 'scientific theory' 'creationism' and 'skepticism'
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
myzo
Spamming Noob
myzo's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 11,688
Subtract from myzo's ReputationAdd to myzo's Reputation myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to myzo
#32
07-09-2012
Default

What if god created science to find all the smart rational people then come reckoning day all the blindly stupid religious idiots die.




Or not. Just throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks.


Sent from faggotry using my iPhone.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Eamonn's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 13,678
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
#33
07-09-2012
Default

lol
Marzo
Level 30
Marzo's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,802
Subtract from Marzo's ReputationAdd to Marzo's Reputation Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
#34
07-09-2012
Default

What if this what if that. Cool ideas guys, they could be true, but what evidence do you have that supports these ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
They kind of go hand in hand... people believe the big bang created the universe, and evolution created man... its the opposing arguement to a God creating the universe and creating mankind...... its a science vs. religion debate.... the big bang and evolution are science... God is religion... is that no clear? ahha.
Evolution didn't create humans. I don't think you understand what evolution is. The science versus religion debate isn't an even one. Science has all this evidence to support its arguments, and religion has nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
but guys evolution is just a theory
Evolution is a scientific theory. A scientific theory has backing evidence. In the case of evolution, and the Big Bang, there is a lot of supporting evidence.

"Praise the Lard!"
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
slater ohm's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: day care
Posts: 23,369
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
#35
07-09-2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
They kind of go hand in hand... people believe the big bang created the universe, and evolution created man... its the opposing arguement to a God creating the universe and creating mankind...... its a science vs. religion debate.... the big bang and evolution are science... God is religion... is that no clear? ahha.
stick to one subject to make your point clear.
that's argument making 101

of course we use our specific language and perception to relate to scientific understanding.
that's like saying we might see different colors when we see 'orange' or 'blue', it'd be interesting if true but it doesnt matter, we're talking about the same things and what we say makes sense and so we can do practical things with it and form new understandings on how things work no? it's irrelevant to it's worth


THF




Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late

Last edited by slater ohm; 07-09-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Archonize
Level 29
Archonize's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,563
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
#36
07-09-2012
Default

We are only discussing one subject matter. Science vs. Religion, which is a broad topic, so the 2 things i was talking about (the big bang and evolution) are both very relevant and should be included in this argument. And just saying the word evolution without even expanding on it until recently isn't flying off into some otherworldly realm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzo View Post
Evolution didn't create humans. I don't think you understand what evolution is. The science versus religion debate isn't an even one. Science has all this evidence to support its arguments, and religion has nothing.
Huh... Evolution is the growth/change of one life form into another... If humans came to be starting as vert small cells, into a bunch of small lifeforms, into apes, now into our present form after millions of years, thats how man came to be. In other words thats how they were created.


Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
freak
#1 butt eater™
freak's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,606
Subtract from freak's ReputationAdd to freak's Reputation freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000
#37
07-09-2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzo View Post
Evolution is a scientific theory. A scientific theory has backing evidence. In the case of evolution, and the Big Bang, there is a lot of supporting evidence.
but its just a theory
mike
OG status
mike's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Stay True.
Posts: 31,529
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
#38
07-09-2012
Default

science vs religion


yeah...


try and refine that a little, because there is no debate to be had there
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
slater ohm's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: day care
Posts: 23,369
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
#39
07-09-2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
We are only discussing one subject matter. Science vs. Religion, which is a broad topic, so the 2 things i was talking about (the big bang and evolution) are both very relevant and should be included in this argument. And just saying the word evolution without even expanding on it until recently isn't flying off into some otherworldly realm.
see the thread title and your first paragraph?

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
If no one witnessed the creation of the universe, then why do so many people act like their opinion is undeniably correct? This goes for atheists and theists alike. No matter what your preacher or 7th grade science teacher told you, nobody has the faintest idea.
see how then jumping to creationism vs evolution is fucking weird?

If your intention was to ask why atheist and theist get so ugly with eachother ask that, dont state the stupid 'if no one witnessed the creation of the universe' premise.


THF




Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
Archonize
Level 29
Archonize's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,563
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
#40
07-09-2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
If your intention was to ask why atheist and theist get so ugly with eachother ask that, dont state the stupid 'if no one witnessed the creation of the universe' premise.
Beause asking that would only gather a bunch of responses from atheists along the lines of "Because Gods gay and you're a retard." Which would only discourage a theist from contributing to a discussion for the fear of being ridiculed and insulted. So i decided to take another approach.

Because I mean every teenager with the internet knows everything there is to know about science and religion.


Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize

Last edited by Archonize; 07-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off