Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
RsRs
Level 15
Subtract from RsRs's ReputationAdd to RsRs's Reputation RsRs is a novice
07-09-2012

Also, considering the ancient egyptians were around before the first page of the bible was written, this further more dis-credits the bible.
Sparkasm
Level 69
Subtract from Sparkasm's ReputationAdd to Sparkasm's Reputation Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin'
07-09-2012

For the record I don't discount the idea of a creator but I find it incredibly unlikely.
Marzo
Level 30
Subtract from Marzo's ReputationAdd to Marzo's Reputation Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
If no one witnessed the creation of the universe, then why do so many people act like their opinion is undeniably correct? This goes for atheists and theists alike. No matter what your preacher or 7th grade science teacher told you, nobody has the faintest idea.
We do have the faintest idea. We have more than a faint idea. We don't need to see the creation of the universe to know what happened. We bring mathematical formulas, and scientific evidence in place, before we come into a conclusion. And we have done so. We have actual scientific evidence of the Big Bang.

Of course we don't 100% know full on, but we have a very good idea based on the evidence.

Quote:
I respect both sides to this coin. I think both creationism and evolution (also the big bang theory) are both valid theories, and I think its somewhat funny how angry people get when someones believes differently than they do.
Creationism is a valid theory? It has no supporting evidence whatsoever. The only argument I hear is, "Since the universe is so complex, there must be a God to create it!", which we have addressed constantly before. Evolution has nothing to do with the creation of the universe. It's just the evolution of life, which also has supporting evidence.

I completely agree with you about the angry part. People shouldn't be angry over something so trivial as someone else not believing the same stuff that you do.

Quote:
Calling others 'unintelligent' because they simply have a different opinion to a question nobody knows the correct answer to is really just silly. Its like questioning someones intelligence for liking different pizza toppings than you.
Uh, no it isn't silly. I'll explain once again. We don't 100% full on know, but we have a very good idea based on the scientific evidence. It's very unintelligent (and close-minded, in fact), to completely refuse something is real, even though all of the evidence points to it. Of course you should question it, and research it for yourself first. Research on both sides before drawing to a conclusion.

"Praise the Lard!"
PackieIX
Empathy Overload
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
07-09-2012

if there was no witness to a crime, how do we know who did it?

Evidence, dummy.

For your health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1

eG x Hype
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from eG x Hype's ReputationAdd to eG x Hype's Reputation eG x Hype is a novice
Send a message via Skype™ to eG x Hype
07-09-2012
Default He has a point

Fuck all old Religions im making my own, its an all Halo Religion with no God just kicking some Promethean ass
wingless
delirious
Subtract from wingless's ReputationAdd to wingless's Reputation wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to wingless
07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackieIX View Post
if there was no witness to a crime, how do we know who did it?

Evidence, dummy.

For your health.
Or false testimony.
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post

is the big bang theory really something you put in brackets when you put evolution, which has shit all to do with the beginning of the universe, without brackets?
hope that's an honest mistake and not a sign of your scientific understanding.
They kind of go hand in hand... people believe the big bang created the universe, and evolution created man... its the opposing arguement to a God creating the universe and creating mankind...... its a science vs. religion debate.... the big bang and evolution are science... God is religion... is that no clear? ahha.

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize

Last edited by Archonize; 07-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
07-09-2012

science = based on observable phenomena

religion = shit
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
freak
#1 butt eater™
Subtract from freak's ReputationAdd to freak's Reputation freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000
07-09-2012

but guys evolution is just a theory
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
07-09-2012

This is just an idea... but what if all our science is basically invented bullsh.t that makes sense to us, but does not really apply for anything in the universe? as in we as a species will never know how anything truely is or came to be because we are simply not capable of understanding.

Not a bash on science, just a skeptical thought. (Ill probably still get hated for not whole-heartedly saying science is the correct idea about the creation of everything.)

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize