Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
07-08-2012

Pretty sure no one with half a brain would say that a creator/god is out of the question

only that Christianity/genesis is apparent man made fiction
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3volv3Rr View Post
Get ready for this, others opinions are incorrect and stupid.
This is an example..
As an atheist, you probably take an interest in science im assuming yes? String theory is a very popular idea in the past few decades right? Yet there is no current way of testing it to find out if it is indeed true... does that mean string theory is blasphemy or absolutely wrong because we, lifeforms floating on a tiny rock in the corner of space, dont particularely know how to show that it is right?

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
wingless
delirious
Subtract from wingless's ReputationAdd to wingless's Reputation wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000 wingless IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to wingless
07-08-2012

Obviously those were the space pilgrims mike, don't you watch the history channel?

And string theory is probably the worst example to pick, quantum physics and infinite parallel universes, etc. Some of that can be proven, but most of it is based on skeptical assumptions and is a working idea of how things could work.

Last edited by wingless; 07-08-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
07-08-2012

I dont think its intelligent to claim there cannot be a God, but there is a difference between that and disagreeing with human history's perception and attempt at understanding of a diety, which is what i believe mike is trying to say?

XbL - Archonize

Last edited by Archonize; 07-08-2012 at 11:00 PM.
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
Obviously those were the space pilgrims mike, don't you watch the history channel?
i hate this kid

he tries so hard to reconcile his idiotic beliefs with reality

he also doesn't understand the difference between theory and scientific theory

mike
OG status
07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
I dont think its intelligent to claim there cannot be a God, but there is a difference between that and disagreeing with human history's perception of a diety, which is what i believe mike is trying to say?
what i'm saying is, there very well may be a god

but he's not the white bearded fag hating old man the bible portrays him to be

because the bible is a work of fiction, really bad fiction at that

Archonize
Level 29
07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
what i'm saying is, there very well may be a god

but he's not the white bearded fag hating old man the bible portrays him to be

because the bible is a work of fiction, really bad fiction at that
Ahhh, i see. thats basically the point i was attempting at saying in the OP haha

XbL - Archonize
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
07-08-2012

Why do you want to believe in God anyway?
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

She only comes to me in my dreams

So sleep becomes addicting
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonize View Post
Ahhh, i see. thats basically the point i was attempting at saying in the OP haha
right, so then you can say someone literally interpreting the bible's earth creation story is a dumb ass.
doesn't mean you're saying you are correct in your views, just that theirs is stupid.

and 'nobody can know because no human was there at that moment' is a statement that makes me wanna say 'DERP SCIENCE'.

try: 'no one in a backwards desert community before copernicus, galileo, kepler, newton and all them smart people came along can know'
because they didnt understand shit all.

People who have come to their views on the beginning of the universe through critical reasoning can quite rightly call someone who fully believes something because their community (parents/church) told them without any argument other than 'SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING DURRRRR' and has access to all the same information a sad sod.

also
Quote:
I respect both sides to this coin. I think both creationism and evolution (also the big bang theory) are both valid theories
is the big bang theory really something you put in brackets when you put evolution, which has shit all to do with the beginning of the universe, without brackets?
hope that's an honest mistake and not a sign of your scientific understanding.

to answer your question: saying they're all fine and you respect them all equally gets us no where as there's only 1 right answer. Also, believing certain creationist stories literally often makes for a foundation of some very sick and twisted follow up believes within the same religious framework.
so they should be ridiculed as harshly and as often as society allows.

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late

Last edited by slater ohm; 07-09-2012 at 05:15 AM.
RsRs
Level 15
Subtract from RsRs's ReputationAdd to RsRs's Reputation RsRs is a novice
07-09-2012

The bible is full of lies and anyone who fully believes in it is an ignorant waste of intelligence.

Because of this, i'd say the big bang theory wins, because the only hatred of other human beings it has caused is me hating bible thumping retards.

Sorry, did I go too far?