Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Klima
Bold as Love
Subtract from Klima's ReputationAdd to Klima's Reputation Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000 Klima IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Klima
02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatality Films View Post

'Nuff said. NSC should be introduced to all theists.
Unclever.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
03-09-2012

I think I may have over done it this time but I just can't help it. Ignorance drives me to say something, and it gets worse when she replies with more ignorance lol.

Spoiler!
Fatality Films
Level 32
Subtract from Fatality Films's ReputationAdd to Fatality Films's Reputation Fatality Films is on the rise to fame Fatality Films is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Fatality Films
03-09-2012

She is so dumb. I can't believe you can argue with her for so long. I would've blocked her so fast...
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
03-09-2012

I would love to but that takes the fun out of shitting piles of knowledge onto someones diluted beliefs.
Fatality Films
Level 32
Subtract from Fatality Films's ReputationAdd to Fatality Films's Reputation Fatality Films is on the rise to fame Fatality Films is on the rise to fame
03-09-2012

I have some REALLY funny ones that went from arguing about slaughter houses to Christianity. The way topics change and how narrow-minded some people are really annoys me. Especially when I meet them on a daily basis...
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
03-09-2012

lol is she hugging a tree in her profile pic?
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Fatality Films
Level 32
03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
Post em!
I have to find them first :S It's a few weeks old...
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
03-25-2012

Should nonbelievers take to the term 'atheist' as readily as most do? and do we still have a choice now this term is so widespread?

there's the criticism of the idea of having a term for not-religion:

take the famous example; 'nonstampcollector' which is obviously not a hobby.

there's also the practical problem of people taking nothing an 'atheist' says serious and having the typical responses to anyone dubbed with that title. Would it not be more practical to just use free thought on practical issues?

sam harris on the subject using racism as an example for the term itself and going on about the practical side of being 'atheists'

I shift from being okay with all the terms like apatheist to being like 'why am I grouped with this dickhead, we have no specific things in common' and 'why am I getting the same 20 stupid irrelevant arguments in my face when we were talking about the source of a serious practical problem?'

Harris is obviously more scared (realistic?) of the short term consequences of religious dogma than most like to hear, yet his call for more practical and faster, and perhaps more honest, approaches is not without substance. People are digging themselves in more and more, should nonbelief be a side? take the SouthPark future episode for a lulzy thought. I started out thinking of Islam as similarly destructive as Christianity, just some extremists right now blabla, but it is really not in the 21st century. I take Ayaan Hirsi Ali's view on this quite serious. polarization can have it's effects on the Christian side as well, I don't like to alienate myself from my culture. Wanting to have a world where we can have intelligent discourse may be a more practical source than 'atheist arrogance' as it is seen by many I'd like to reach.

I hate taking this stance because fuck them, but it keeps popping up.

Now I didn't think this through as much as I'd like to when I post, which is why I didnt make a thread.
would like to hear some thoughts

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late

Last edited by slater ohm; 03-25-2012 at 08:19 AM.