Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Just Ash
Level 30
Subtract from Just Ash's ReputationAdd to Just Ash's Reputation Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Just Ash Send a message via Skype™ to Just Ash
07-21-2014

Hey y'all, been a while since I posted here.
So I'm wanting to upgrade my Computer quite radically to increase it's power, but I have a few small problems.

Currently though I have a few problems stopping me and would be greatful of any advice;
- I want to keep my dual Xeon processors(Xeon E5440's), but I'm un-sure of any motherboard to support these other than my current one.
- If I were to keep my current motherboard, I would have to keep my DDR2 RAM I'm currently having to put up with.
- My current motherboard is also a problem as it has no on-board GPU, which doesn't allow me to switch my GPU...

So, pretty much I want to keep the Xeon's, but rip everything else out and build around that as I have a GPU lying around waiting for a new motherboard or a miracle to happen.

Any help would be appreciated!
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
09-12-2014

Those Xeons are ancient at this point. You're probably best off just replacing them.

In any event, motherboards for them will probably be expensive as balls, not to mention on ancient sockets, if you can even find a workstation/server board to support them.

---

http://valid.x86.fr/6w6x1r

On airrrrrr
Al's sweet ass

Al
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Subtract from Al's ReputationAdd to Al's Reputation Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Al
01-24-2015

this poor old thread

Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
01-24-2015

I'm on Win7, and I haven't been able to do windows updates for awhile now. Google hasn't been much help. Anyone have some advice?