Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
RabiD says MOO
Level 26
Subtract from RabiD says MOO's ReputationAdd to RabiD says MOO's Reputation RabiD says MOO is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RabiD says MOO
10-20-2011

Its already pushing 695 after shipping. I'm not ordering it until I get paid Monday. I just want to know what was so bad about my previous build? What could you do if I pushed my budget up to 750 after shipping?
TheTurboFD
April 19 CoLiNz DAY!
Subtract from TheTurboFD's ReputationAdd to TheTurboFD's Reputation TheTurboFD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheTurboFD
10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabiD says MOO View Post
Its already pushing 695 after shipping. I'm not ordering it until I get paid Monday. I just want to know what was so bad about my previous build? What could you do if I pushed my budget up to 750 after shipping?
Look at my post a page back
Vitality
like whaaaaat
Subtract from Vitality's ReputationAdd to Vitality's Reputation Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
10-20-2011

the gtx 460 is better than the 550ti.
TheTurboFD
April 19 CoLiNz DAY!
Subtract from TheTurboFD's ReputationAdd to TheTurboFD's Reputation TheTurboFD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TheTurboFD
10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
the gtx 460 is better than the 550ti.
I just gave it since he already wanted it lol
Invisible
uber n00b (level 36)
Subtract from Invisible's ReputationAdd to Invisible's Reputation Invisible is on the rise to fame Invisible is on the rise to fame
10-20-2011

Regarding your build:

DVD Drive - Alright
Case - Atrocious. I've only heard Linkworld one or two times in my life, and you would have gotten no features at all with that case, no cable management or decent airflow
HDD - For $10 cheaper, you could have gotten the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, which is 7200RPM
GPU - Alright
PSU - lolol. Logisys? lolol. 550w is a good voltage for your build, but my laptop AC power supply is more reliable than that. Corsair and Antec are the main PSU brands to trust the most
RAM - Heavily overpriced. For just about the same price, you could have gotten 8GB 1600
Mobo and CPU - Both are heavily outdated. Go with the 1155 socket.

Vitality
like whaaaaat
Subtract from Vitality's ReputationAdd to Vitality's Reputation Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
10-20-2011

just get my build if you want to spend under $675

like i said, the gtx 460 is better than the 550 ti.
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
Are you still buying 3 monitors and 3 580s?
Eventually. But probably 4 of them.

If I stop wanting them I'll go with 4 of the next gen.

RabiD says MOO
Level 26
Subtract from RabiD says MOO's ReputationAdd to RabiD says MOO's Reputation RabiD says MOO is a novice
10-20-2011

Fuck I wish what all this meant. My cousin made the build. I just want to game. Thank you all for your opinions. Vitality, final words on the $750 build? What to put in?
RabiD says MOO
Level 26
10-20-2011

Is it possible to upgrade this build with money later, or would I be better off spending 1000 later down the road?
Vitality
like whaaaaat
10-20-2011

I would switch out the GPU and try to fit a 560 ti in the budget with $750. Not worth going from the 2300 to 2500k if you aren't planning on overclocking.

you can upgrade whenever you want, that is what ive done. I started out with a decent $1000 rig and now I only have 3 of the same parts from the original one, lol.