Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
HALZRED
Level 42
Subtract from HALZRED's ReputationAdd to HALZRED's Reputation HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica HALZRED still downloads from Mythica
04-27-2011

sometimes, people just upset me so much
K I D N E Y
Level 30
Subtract from K I D N E Y's ReputationAdd to K I D N E Y's Reputation K I D N E Y is a novice
Send a message via AIM to K I D N E Y
04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixTweaKxi View Post
Jesus was a sand n.gger. No doubt about it.
The best way to put it that ive heard lol
Maximum sig space is 500 pixels in height. Please resize the picture.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv185/Kidneythiefeh/scholorshipdone.jpg?t=1264098739

GT- K is for Kidney
Aim- kidneythiefeh
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
04-27-2011

i heard dat dude works for nasa.

+rep to wingless for giving perspective to the side that is easily called stupid.

Regards,
Being White
Level 39
Subtract from Being White's ReputationAdd to Being White's Reputation Being White is a novice
04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
That is one of the most biased website sources for a news site I've ever seen. Every single word seems twisted to make these people seem dumb and angry. I think people were getting mad that he was saying the Bible was incorrect, not that the Moon reflects light. This is Waco, Texas we are talking about here. They probably just got impatient and stormed off without understanding or interpreting the message fully.

Also, why would you want to use a biblical quote when it has little relevance to the information, other to show the inaccuracies of science in Biblical times? Sounds like he's trolling Texans
This.

I'm not sure what he was thinking pulling out a biblical quote while giving a scientific lecture in the f.cking bible belt.
Vagrant
OLD BLUE
Subtract from Vagrant's ReputationAdd to Vagrant's Reputation Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
04-27-2011

I believe in God and also believe in Science. The two are not opposing ideologies at this point unless your interpretation of biblical texts demands it. Considering that the Bible has been through hundreds of translations and revisions and originated in Hebrew, and there are thoughts in Hebrew that cannot be articulated as simply as they are attempted, taking the Bible and attempting to pick it apart word for word is a fool's errand. Sadly enough, many uneducated people refuse to recognize the ability for such simple topics as evolution to be viable explanations for the world we live in and as a result create a poor reputation for people with the ability to use their brains.

In other words, getting angry at people in Texas for not understanding the nature of the world they live in and falling back on contrived explanations as they interpret from the bible is picking low hanging fruit to feel intellectually superior.

As are knee jerk reactions like, "people who believe in god are stupid", but I digress. Existing on a polar opposite extreme from an idiot makes you an idiot too in most cases.
Spanker
Liberate Me
Subtract from Spanker's ReputationAdd to Spanker's Reputation Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000
04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mike View Post
people who believe in god are stupid
Hail Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
spanks is only here to stifle the happiness of others

My existence led by confusion boats, mutiny from stern to bow.
The storm consumes all.
SizZLe
No More Locked Doors
Subtract from SizZLe's ReputationAdd to SizZLe's Reputation SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to SizZLe Send a message via MSN to SizZLe
04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I believe in God and also believe in Science. The two are not opposing ideologies at this point unless your interpretation of biblical texts demands it. Considering that the Bible has been through hundreds of translations and revisions and originated in Hebrew, and there are thoughts in Hebrew that cannot be articulated as simply as they are attempted, taking the Bible and attempting to pick it apart word for word is a fool's errand. Sadly enough, many uneducated people refuse to recognize the ability for such simple topics as evolution to be viable explanations for the world we live in and as a result create a poor reputation for people with the ability to use their brains.

In other words, getting angry at people in Texas for not understanding the nature of the world they live in and falling back on contrived explanations as they interpret from the bible is picking low hanging fruit to feel intellectually superior.

As are knee jerk reactions like, "people who believe in god are stupid", but I digress. Existing on a polar opposite extreme from an idiot makes you an idiot too in most cases.
Hail Vagrant.
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I believe in God and also believe in Science.
Same.

Which god ya talkin?
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
04-27-2011

^ FSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
does believing the moon only reflects, not emits, light in contradiction with any religious teaching?

or does any basic science frighten these people
Hmmmm...

In phsyics we are going over reflections. Shouldn't I have gotten some sort of warning that we are going over controversial stuff?
Al's sweet ass

Vagrant
OLD BLUE
Subtract from Vagrant's ReputationAdd to Vagrant's Reputation Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield Vagrant finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Same.

Which god ya talkin?
I am really in the process of attempting to find that out myself to be honest. I don't want to endorse one over another and the truth may be that I never find an organized religion that accurately reflects my fundamental belief but I am fine with that possibility too. I just believe that all true faith is worthy of respect and that those on both sides of the discussion that attempt to discredit the other are overstepping their bounds as spirituality is such a personal and privately vested viewpoint. And for the record, I disagree with religious matters being the basis for political opinions as well and think that our whole system revolving around Judeo-Christian values is as criminal as your average atheist. I just really dislike when people dismiss things directly out of hand that they have never fully invested themselves into discovering. I have briefly studied virtually every mainstream religion out there in a very simplistic manner and have come to a few conclusions of my own, but sharing them here would be denying another the benefit of discovery and their own fresh interpretation of the presented material.

I just want to advocate not falling victim to the sheep mentality that pervades among the educated community that commands you be atheistic or agnostic in order to move forward in academia. I think quite a number of folks that post here view that as a requisite value set prior to attempting to achieve enlightenment and it's really just as much a borrowed sentiment as any for those that probably haven't ever evaluated theology on its own merits devoid of any preexisting biases or conclusions drawn seeking evidence to prove them as opposed to entering the venture as an empty slate. It is no coincidence that virtually every pseudo-intellectual despises those that hold spiritual values as if they have achieved enlightenment on the issue via association with those whose opinions they value.

My apologies for the long winded answer.