Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to FierceElite
06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuN Sh0t View Post
Both use Graphic violence, sex, and language to appeal the audience so they are comparable. I like the show and everything but I appreciate shows more that don't have to rely on using all that to entertain i.e. lost, prison break.
Read the books the show is based off of. The story is actually incredible...the show just feels the need to play up the sex and language.
"Adversity has a way of introducing a man to himself."
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
06-08-2011

everytime I see that fucking midget I want him dead, but he's such a brilliant character that I dont want him gone.
so I've debated with deathenator and we've decided upon torture being the best way to go with the midget.
just continuous torture till the end of the show.

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
Premium
I'm kind of a big deal
Subtract from Premium's ReputationAdd to Premium's Reputation Premium is legendary Premium is legendary Premium is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Premium
06-08-2011

Quote:
Both use Graphic violence, sex, and language to appeal the audience so they are comparable. I like the show and everything but I appreciate shows more that don't have to rely on using all that to entertain i.e. lost, prison break.
I think you're wrong on nearly every point.

You're saying...they're both cable shows, so you can compare them. Even if the genres are totally different? You CAN compare apples to oranges. But you're an idiot for saying one is better than the other, when we're talking about two very different things.

What you call relying on for entertainment, I call making a show better. Forget the the fantastic story, acting, and direction. A show is just better when it's not confined to the limitations of regular TV. It's more realistic, for one. For example, Prison Break. A show about guys from prison, and nobody ever swears? There is a reason big name actors are doing cable series more and more these days.

Your logic fails, when a show is respected and acclaimed. If a show relied on gratuitous swearing and nudity, it wouldn't receive acclaim and praise. Forgetting of course the fact that the show is based on a series of highly successful novels.

GuN Sh0t
($_#)@~(^_^Q)
Subtract from GuN Sh0t's ReputationAdd to GuN Sh0t's Reputation GuN Sh0t is a novice
Send a message via AIM to GuN Sh0t
06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium View Post
I think you're wrong on nearly every point.

You're saying...they're both cable shows, so you can compare them. Even if the genres are totally different? You CAN compare apples to oranges. But you're an idiot for saying one is better than the other, when we're talking about two very different things.

What you call relying on for entertainment, I call making a show better. Forget the the fantastic story, acting, and direction. A show is just better when it's not confined to the limitations of regular TV. It's more realistic, for one. For example, Prison Break. A show about guys from prison, and nobody ever swears? There is a reason big name actors are doing cable series more and more these days.

Your logic fails, when a show is respected and acclaimed. If a show relied on gratuitous swearing and nudity, it wouldn't receive acclaim and praise. Forgetting of course the fact that the show is based on a series of highly successful novels.
I never said one was better than another at all. I just said I appreciate a show that doesn't need all of the excess sex and graphic violence. Spartacus was a good show but they said the word "cock" at least 50 times an episode it was crazy. I just watched the last episode of thrones and the action is really starting to pick up.
Steaming in HD
ONLY GT- GuIV ShoT(its an I)
Premium
I'm kind of a big deal
Subtract from Premium's ReputationAdd to Premium's Reputation Premium is legendary Premium is legendary Premium is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Premium
06-08-2011

Quote:
I never said one was better than another at all. I just said I appreciate a show that doesn't need all of the excess sex and graphic violence. Spartacus was a good show but they said the word "cock" at least 50 times an episode it was crazy. I just watched the last episode of thrones and the action is really starting to pick up.
I know you never said it lol. The guy I quoted originally did.

There is a massive shit storm coming in Thrones. I can't wait to see how the season plays out. Best show on TV at the moment, imo.

Brightside
because the internet
Subtract from Brightside's ReputationAdd to Brightside's Reputation Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000
06-08-2011

It's not like GoT is purely sex + violence. There is A LOT of character development and plot stuff.

The books are quite sexual and violent themselves, so it's not like HBO is throwing that in there for the hell of it to attract viewers. They're keeping pretty true to the book thus far
x3mando3x
Level 30
Subtract from x3mando3x's ReputationAdd to x3mando3x's Reputation x3mando3x is a novice
Send a message via AIM to x3mando3x
06-12-2011

Well, shit.

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
- Sven Goran Eriksson

Last edited by x3mando3x; 06-12-2011 at 11:26 PM.
pathosgen
it's a joke.
Subtract from pathosgen's ReputationAdd to pathosgen's Reputation pathosgen is a novice
Send a message via AIM to pathosgen Send a message via Skype™ to pathosgen
06-13-2011

RIP
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
06-13-2011

love the intro so much

DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/?1e2g7qvsr8vd4cb

I was pretty upset by how this episode ended..
they do know how to do the cliffhang thing dont they?

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late

Last edited by slater ohm; 06-13-2011 at 11:21 AM.
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to FierceElite
06-13-2011

"Adversity has a way of introducing a man to himself."