Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to FierceElite
04-03-2011

Watched it a little earlier. Not bad.
"Adversity has a way of introducing a man to himself."
x3mando3x
Level 30
Subtract from x3mando3x's ReputationAdd to x3mando3x's Reputation x3mando3x is a novice
Send a message via AIM to x3mando3x
04-07-2011

That was fucking awesome. Definitely watching this every week.

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
- Sven Goran Eriksson

Brightside
because the internet
Subtract from Brightside's ReputationAdd to Brightside's Reputation Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000
04-15-2011

Bump. Starts sunday.
FierceElite
Meh
Subtract from FierceElite's ReputationAdd to FierceElite's Reputation FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom FierceElite wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
04-17-2011

Less than 7 hours. Pumped.
x3mando3x
Level 30
Subtract from x3mando3x's ReputationAdd to x3mando3x's Reputation x3mando3x is a novice
Send a message via AIM to x3mando3x
04-17-2011

Just saw the first episode, the visuals and acting are amazing. I've never read the books but I'm already hooked, although I did have to do some research to find out a little more about the characters/storyline that I didn't really understand in the show. Definitely going to try and keep up with this every week.

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
- Sven Goran Eriksson

Brightside
because the internet
Subtract from Brightside's ReputationAdd to Brightside's Reputation Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000
04-18-2011

Yeah, the first book is really driven on character development and story, so I'm sure it's hard to fit everything into the show.

I'm just starting the episode now.
FierceElite
Meh
04-18-2011

Just going to quote myself from another forum. There's no spoiler tags on this forum, so I made the book spoiler parts white text. I assume everyone who reads this won't be on the white H3 skin though, so be very careful if you haven't read at least the entire first book and don't want anything spoiled for you, or just switch to the white H3 skin real quick just to read this post.

Quote:
Not bad. My friends were asking me so many questions that I just had to grin through, since I don't know how much will actually be answered in the show. They're not (can't) conveying information the same way as the book, so I didn't want to answer questions thinking there might not be an answer, then they answer it later in the episode, next episode, or later in the season.

One thing I noticed was that it's a lot easier to piece information together in the show, and make deductions sooner. Like, I think they did that intentionally, which I'm not fond of. Had to wait and read through a lot to get vital information towards putting everything together, which is what made the book(s) extra enjoyable for me. I think show-only people are going to figure out where stuff is going really quick. The agreement my friends made at the end of the episode though, was that there's so much plot going on in different places. Which is exactly how the book feels when you start reading it, so they did a respectable job there.

Robb's actor plays him more arrogantly than he should. :/ Unless I'm just misremembering how he was in the beginning, and it was just
Spoiler:
[spoiler]after his dad died that he got humbled.[spoiler]

Theon doesn't look at all like I envisioned him.

Is it their accents, or are they actually pronouncing it Ar-ya? I've always said it Ary-a.

I figured the Hound to be bigger. It didn't look like the left side of his face is burned?

Cersei seems pretty spot-on so far. Let's see how vindictive Lena Headey can get in her role. P.S. Seeing her get it from behind was kind of hot, even if it supposed to be incest. "The things I do for love" part was pretty perfect.

Viserys is pretty good too.

Illyrio is good.

Jorah Mormont is a little older than I envisioned.
Spoiler:
Spoiler!

I love the dialogue between Ned and Robert.

Upon further thought, I realized how disappointed I am the wolves didn't get more screentime. I think the first episode was the necessary time to establish their names and how important their bonds with the Stark children are. The only one that got extra screentime was Summer; ironically the one that takes the longest to get a name.

Catelyn's actor does an okay job with the character, I just really wish she was a little younger and more attractive.

They moved the dialogue (and cut it short) Bran overhears to earlier in the episode, while they were standing over Jon Arryn's body. Kind of wish they hadn't.

Oh, and the Dothraki guys savaging the women....with their pants on.

The biggest issue I have is how much sex and gore they forced into the first episode. Obviously, even with 10 episodes this season, they can't fit every detail, but I felt like more of an effort to flesh out the plot and characters could have been made in the premiere. They don't need to rely on the sex and violence to hook people into this show, imo.

Last edited by FierceElite; 06-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Brightside
because the internet
04-18-2011

I agree about Catelyn.

I didn't even realize that was Theon the whole time. Did they even make mention of him by name?

I'm most excited about Jon's storyline and the adventures at the Wall. That was my favorite part of the books. I hated Daenarys and that storyline, but am curious to see how they put certain parts of it into live action.

I thought the first episode was outstanding and am so glad HBO is putting so much money/effort into this.
Al
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Subtract from Al's ReputationAdd to Al's Reputation Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Al
04-20-2011

Watched a couple clips that showed titties. Don't really care to see the rest.

lisamartin
Level 10
Subtract from lisamartin's ReputationAdd to lisamartin's Reputation lisamartin is a novice
04-21-2011

Yeah i just watched 1 episode..It was average!