Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Nuh uh, no way he's real 84 47.46%
Maybe, i can see where he can reasonably exist 32 18.08%
Yes, i believe God exists 61 34.46%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
WicKeD ASSaSiN
The Dude Abides
Subtract from WicKeD ASSaSiN's ReputationAdd to WicKeD ASSaSiN's Reputation WicKeD ASSaSiN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WicKeD ASSaSiN
06-01-2010

This is all assuming you are actually "choosing" something.

mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Soo Dopee View Post
In body, sir.
where in the body?

just curious

@josh, it doesn't have to be indirect, and even if it does, so what

things indirectly affect your life in major ways all the time
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
Cynic
Bored Stiff
Subtract from Cynic's ReputationAdd to Cynic's Reputation Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000 Cynic IS OVER 9000
06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mike View Post
in gods image
Well played.

Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
06-01-2010

well not trying to walk to the sun indirectly affects my life. my whole life, actually.

not trying to walk to the sun negatively affects my life, right guys?

Last edited by Yeshwa; 06-01-2010 at 07:20 PM.
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
well not trying to walk to the sun indirectly affects my life. my whole life, actually.
how is that indirect? lol

you are intentionally trying not to walk on the sun

just take my word for it josh, just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it not so
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
Im Soo Dopee
Level 11
Subtract from Im Soo Dopee's ReputationAdd to Im Soo Dopee's Reputation Im Soo Dopee is a novice
06-01-2010

Quote:
where in the body?

just curious

@josh, it doesn't have to be indirect, and even if it does, so what

things indirectly affect your life in major ways all the time
i can't tell you exactly where. but i do know that the flesh(skin, body) covers the soul. I know we can't just rip our skin open and just see our soul. God gave each one of us a soul, spirit, and heart.
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
06-01-2010

Quote:

you are intentionally trying not to walk on the sun

just take my word for it josh, just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it not so
not trying to walk to the sun negatively affects my life though, right?

Quote:
the affects of it are indirect.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
06-01-2010

Quote:
lol, alright

i'm out
yeah, me too. but I'll drop the mic after saying this:

when I was younger, 14-16, I was a strong Christian. I even wore a dress and sang songs about my god in front of crowds of people during service. And Boondock Saints was the best and most inspirational movie of all time. Man was I obsessed with that movie; it's one of the 3 I memorized completely, I even bought merch (I had a hat and two shirts) before you could buy it at Hot Topic, and would check their website for updates on the sequel that was long over due. I still haven't seen it, don't really care to. Il Duce's a badass though.

Sorry, got caught on a tangent.

I don't like reading bullcrap excuses about how a person who doesn't believe in your god for X, Y, Z reasons that involve contradictions and gaps in the logic, behavior, and ethics, just "doesn't know God like I do" as if you're an abused housewife to an alcoholic construction worker and only you know he's really a tender angel deep down inside.

The problem I see with "evidence" for god is that the jurors on what constitutes proper evidence are such skeptics that even if it were true, another explanation would be made. The quality of evidence is set at ridiculous standards like the reverse-CSI problem courts have now. God didn't cum on everything either, so evidence is missing. And I don't believe that "god" has to be an all knowing and all powerful being in order to be the creator--but I'd totally tell people that if I created a universe. It's the parent-rule. Darth Hulk once posted something about god being a D- science student working on a class project. All of the students had to create a universe with life and he did but got lazy towards the end and said "fuck it, it'll pass." Hence, Sunday.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Soo Dopee View Post
i can't tell you exactly where. but i do know that the flesh(skin, body) covers the soul. I know we can't just rip our skin open and just see our soul. God gave each one of us a soul, spirit, and heart.
Please distinguish between soul and spirit. And who gave me the rest of my body?

edit: Satan gave women the clitoris.
WicKeD ASSaSiN
The Dude Abides
Subtract from WicKeD ASSaSiN's ReputationAdd to WicKeD ASSaSiN's Reputation WicKeD ASSaSiN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WicKeD ASSaSiN
06-01-2010

The effects of one's choices have been considered profoundly and I don't think there is any prevailing philosophy. Before you can even discuss something like that you have to wonder if your choices are indeed made by you. Assuming that is true there is no way to determine the ultimate cause. Example:

1. You kill Hitler
2. Tons of Jews live
3. One of them invents a deadly virus that could kill all life
4. Alien species comes to save us from self-destruction

And this is also assuming one thing does cause another thing. Too many assumptions, but even with them, this debate is pointless.