Display Modes Thread Tools
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-11-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
I grew up Christian. I didn't have to say the sinner's prayer, I didn't have to have anyone with me at a certain moment, all that I had to do was to accept that God existed and that he loved me and everything else you get taught in Sunday school. If someone asked me whether or not I was Christian, I said yes, and I meant it. I had faith that God existed. I sincerely believed.

You should answer my question though.
Nothing physically wrong with having sex. It doesn't hurt the outside. It hurts the inside, the heart. Unless you are retarded and contract a STD.

About being a Christian.... I'd like to ask, What is a Christian? What does it mean to YOU to be a Christian? Think on that.

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-11-2005 at 11:10 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-11-2005

The inside you're talking about sounds a lot like the conscience to me. So, you feel guilty for having premarital sex. But the thing is, non-religious people only feel guilty because they think they should feel guilty. If there's no tangible reason, it's not justified. When you look at it from the Christian angle, you should feel guilty because you're going against God's word. But it's not wrong outside of religion.

To me, a true Christian accepts the Bible as truth and strives to live by it.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-12-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
To me, a true Christian accepts the Bible as truth and strives to live by it.
Earlier you said "I grew up Christian. I didn't have to say the sinner's prayer". You responded to my question "What is a Christian?" with "To me, a true Christian accepts the Bible as truth and strives to live by it." If this is true, that you believe the Bible and accept it as truth and strive to live by it, you would know that the Bible says in Romans 3:23 "For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." You must understand that to truly believe you must admit you are a sinner. You must say the sinners prayer because you know that you are a fallen kind and NOTHING you do can earn your way into Heaven, only the Blood of Jesus and His paying YOUR DEBT on the Cross. You must also understand that we are all born sinners. No one is born without sin. We sin throughout our life and to be saved, we must submit to our Creator and accept His free gift of eternal life. His gift of a "second chance". Only then, when we admit we are a sinner and believe that God sent His Son Jesus to pay the penalty for our sins and experience hell instead of us, can we be truly saved.

I hate to say it, but from your responses, you seem to have "missed the point" of what it is to be a Christian. Unless you are witholding important info like what i just posted, i can honestly say that just believing God exists, that He loves us, and that the Bible is true is not what a Believer is. James 2:19 says "You believe that there is one God. GOOD! even the Demons believe that-and shudder." There's more to believing what IS and what IS NOT. I challenge you to look further into it. I challenge you to look deep inside yourself. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. God bless.

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-12-2005 at 11:02 PM.
l random her0 l
Level 16
Subtract from l random her0 l's ReputationAdd to l random her0 l's Reputation l random her0 l is a novice
Send a message via AIM to l random her0 l
12-12-2005
Talking

um......who cares
SPERK
Level 28
Subtract from SPERK's ReputationAdd to SPERK's Reputation SPERK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SPERK
12-12-2005

the only thing i can bring to the table on this is... why buy a new car without test driving it?
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
12-12-2005

Becuase test drives can go horribly wrong.
It's like knowing what you are getting for Christmas.
By seeing early what you are getting, it spoils the surprise on the day of Christmas.

That statement was so cliche by the way.
H 2 F R e G s
CraftierPantz
Level 29
Subtract from CraftierPantz's ReputationAdd to CraftierPantz's Reputation CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame
12-12-2005

umm, sry but vrbas u completely butchered that verse, its romans 3:23

The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-12-2005

Vrbas, I did believe that I was a sinner. Everything you said in your last post, I accepted as true. However, I've never heard of being required to say the Sinner's Prayer to be considered Christian (I've been inside many different churches), and according to my definition of the true Christian, that prayer isn't necessary. I believed in God and I tried to live according the ideals set forth in the Bible. I didn't miss the point.

l random her0 l, religious beliefs about premarital sex are the biggest obstacle in the way of me having sex with the girls I want to have sex with. I like sex, so I care. If you don't care, it's not necessary to post.

Bishop, the "test drive" we're talking about can't go wrong if it is handled responsibly. And the Christmas analogy is not a good one, because I don't see responsible sex as a present. I see it as a right.
CraftierPantz
Level 29
Subtract from CraftierPantz's ReputationAdd to CraftierPantz's Reputation CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame
12-13-2005

being a christian doesnt mean just being good, it means that u believe Jesus died for your sins and that if you believe in Him you will have everlasting life, aka born again believer. i am a born again, i believe in Jesus, i am a Christian.

Ganny
Level 37
Subtract from Ganny's ReputationAdd to Ganny's Reputation Ganny is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Ganny
12-13-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftierPantz
being a christian doesnt mean just being good, it means that u believe Jesus died for your sins and that if you believe in Him you will have everlasting life, aka born again believer. i am a born again, i believe in Jesus, i am a Christian.
I agree with you on this one.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYINTHEHAT
Z can do whatever he want's! He's right below god.
1. God
2. Z
3. Chuck Norris