Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
12-10-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Every month? Do you not trust each other at all not to cheat? Seems a bit unnecessary.

Good idea to get tested. I have been 4 times now. Not since I have been with the woman I am with now though.

Props though on being able to put up with a q-tip like that every month.
To tell you the truth it was a new years resolution we made. She's big on keeping promises so I have to put up with it every month.
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
12-10-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC
thats why man invented condoms son
dont bang random people its not that hard
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-10-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmUtTnY
To tell you the truth it was a new years resolution we made. She's big on keeping promises so I have to put up with it every month.

Wow, I am envious of your love then. Cause you must have a lot of it to put up with that every month. Are you sure there isn't any other reason? Are you guys monogomous?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-11-2005

Bishop, what's wrong with premarital sex when the risks of unwanted pregnancy and STDs are completely eliminated?

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 12-11-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Deadly Buni
Ezekiel 23:19-21
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
12-11-2005

Kids are doing everything much earlier on now, the first time they get drunk, have sex things like that. I have to say television is to blame kind of, people think that they have to mature so fast and they want to be older but without responsibilities.

Some girl that likes my friend that is only 13 years old had given head and had sex before, that is not good at all. Another girl ner where I live was doing crystal meth and having sex constantly and ran away she was only 13 too.

It seems like kids are trying to grow up so fast and the are becoming increasingly stupid. They think love is like in a fake ass movie where a guy is a complete dumb ass and a hopeless romantic. They don't understand that love is not like that, you can love eachother, but life isn't like The Notebook.

People are also less willing to make compromises, they want perfect, the best.

I forget what it is from, but

The media has us chasing cars, houses and other things we don't really need.

Last edited by Deadly Buni; 12-11-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-11-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by hXc hiPPo
Kids are doing everything much earlier on now, the first time they get drunk, have sex things like that. I have to say television is to blame kind of, people think that they have to mature so fast and they want to be older but without responsibilities.

Some girl that likes my friend that is only 13 years old had given head and had sex before, that is not good at all. Another girl ner where I live was doing crystal meth and having sex constantly and ran away she was only 13 too.

It seems like kids are trying to grow up so fast and the are becoming increasingly stupid. They think love is like in a fake ass movie where a guy is a complete dumb ass and a hopeless romantic. They don't understand that love is not like that, you can love eachother, but life isn't like The Notebook.

People are also less willing to make compromises, they want perfect, the best.

Very good point. Sex is not something we should just "throw out there". It is a special and intimate thing. In fact, besides our full attention and devotion, it is the number one gift we can give to our partner within the bonds of marriage. Like i said before, your purity is probably your greatest gift so i wouldn't be giving it away.
the midas touch
Level 37
Subtract from the midas touch's ReputationAdd to the midas touch's Reputation the midas touch is on the rise to fame the midas touch is on the rise to fame
12-11-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by hXc hiPPo

Chuck Palahniuk. It's from Fight Club. Chuck Palahniuk = Greatest author ever. This is the 3rd Chuck P reference I've seen today.
i'll give you whole quote (because I have it underlined in my copy of the book)

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we don't need."
Said by the great Tyler Durden.

^my signature picture disappeared. How does I get it back?

If there were no reward
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would've walked away by now
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-11-2005

hXc hiPPo, I think the problem is that information is becoming more widely available and parents are lagging behind.

Vrbas, why is purity important? You want sex, you should have it (responsibly, of course). Pleasure is good, and there's nothing wrong with pursuing it in a safe manner.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-11-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
Vrbas, why is purity important?
Think about it. Your purity is a gift. You only got one and you can only give it once. Why waste it on someone you won't spend the rest of your life with. Life is more than just about pleasuring yourself and fullfilling your own desires. It really is. If thats what you live for, then you live a selfish lifestyle. I know that's harsh but it's true. Do what i want, when, where, how = selfish. Just because sex is there doesn't mean we have to take full advantage of it. Just because it's there doesn't mean we have to use it. Who is making you? No one, other than yourself. You need to learn to control that desire. Let me use an illustration.

There is a man who has kidnapped a tiger and locked him up in a cage. The tiger, of course, is whining, growling, and just plain begging to be let out. The trainer realized that if he lets the tiger out of the cage, it will destroy HIS life and others as well. He plans on using this tiger for his circus act so his goal is to tame it. Day after day, week after week, month after month he tries his hardest to harness the tigers power and control him. He gets to the point where he can pet the tiger and the tiger won't budge. You might say that is a "tame" tiger. Unfortunately, it isn't. The tiger could turn on the man any second. The trainer now knows that and though the tiger is less dangerous than he was before, he still isn't tame and never will be. He's a wild animal with instincts. The trainer learns that he can NEVER take his eye of the tiger because if he does, the tiger is free to be unleashed, without any restraint.

In this story, the tiger is sex. Sex itself cannot be "tamed". It is a desire. It's a powerful one and you can never FULLY tame it, but you should ALWAYS keep your eye on it. Cause if you weren't to monitor it for even a second, it can dig you a hole deeper than you can image and cause a WORLD of hurt.

Sex is a gift. Purity is a gift. You got one "box" of purity. DON'T WASTE IT.

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-11-2005 at 07:31 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-11-2005

You think purity is a gift to give to your future wife because of your religious beliefs (I define purity differently, but I'll use your definition for the sake of this argument). Outside of religion, it doesn't matter who you have sex with first. If I don't get married to the first girl I have sex with, I'm not going to consider my first time a waste because I don't view your kind of purity as important. Having sex with someone in a responsible manner does not defile you, except in a religious sense. And with the way I am, I'd rather please the girl than please myself. I'm pretty sure that's not too selfish. I don't do what I want just because I want to do it. I strive to do whatever I want as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of others.

You're right, just because sex is there, we don't have to take full advantage of it, but outside of religion, it's not wrong to take full advantage of it. We shouldn't control desires just because they're desires, we should control wrong desires, and sexual desires are not wrong. Sex is only bad when the people having it are not mature enough to understand all the ramifications and go about it in a responsible manner. That's the only way it's bad, and that's not what I'm advocating at all. The only waste I see is not having sex sooner.