Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
the midas touch
Level 37
Subtract from the midas touch's ReputationAdd to the midas touch's Reputation the midas touch is on the rise to fame the midas touch is on the rise to fame
12-04-2005

It all depends on your view of sex. If you were raised to think of sex as a filthy, raunchy, dirty thing, then you may think of premarital sex to be bad. IMO, if you care for the person (as in not solely in a sexual way), then go right ahead. Get the magnum out, big boy.
The person you love (like a spouse) isn't always necessarily your spouse. For example, if 2 high school students have been going out for 2-3 years, and they really feel like they LOVE each other, then is this premarital sex dirty? No.

[sarcasm]Oh, and btw, great response Ganny. [/sarcasm]

^my signature picture disappeared. How does I get it back?

If there were no reward
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would've walked away by now

Last edited by the midas touch; 12-04-2005 at 11:06 AM.
cleeeeeeeeeetus!
Level 45
Subtract from cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s ReputationAdd to cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s Reputation cleeeeeeeeeetus! is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cleeeeeeeeeetus!
12-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
I'm trying to show that saying premarital sex is bad doesn't make sense, even within Christianity. You can't justify that belief outside of religious beliefs, and the only way you can justify it within religion is by saying, "Well, God must have a reason for it, it's just something we can't understand because he's a higher being than us." Most Christians (at least the ones I know) believe that it makes sense that premarital sense is bad, and I'd like to change that.
No, Christians justify it within religion because it says so in the Bible. It directly states that premarital sex is wrong. (Not projecting my views, just the Bibles)
Short Bus
Level 26
Subtract from Short Bus's ReputationAdd to Short Bus's Reputation Short Bus is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Short Bus
12-04-2005

i believe that premarital sex is fine as long as you have feelings for the other person besides sexual ones. the reason premarital sex is considered wrong is due to religion. i personally do not agree with most religions so to say that pre marital sex is immoral, is based soley on what people have said that god had told them. if love is involved thats all that really matters.
GT: RLdeTheShortBus AIM: X 5hortbus X
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
12-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
An argument I often hear is that premarital sex is bad because sex was originally designed for procreation. Sex for pleasure isn't about making babies, so it's using it in a way other than what was originally intended. But using something in a way other than what was originally intended is not inherently bad. If you use a hammer as a paper weight, you're not acting immorally.

What problems does anybody have with my arguments so far?
i think is supposed to be "good" whether you a married christian or whatever. christian people enjoy sex as much as anyone else.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcontrall
i think is supposed to be "good" whether you a married christian or whatever. christian people enjoy sex as much as anyone else.
I don't really understand your first sentence, but your second isn't true until marriage. And even then it might not be true. Which teenager do you think is going to enjoy sex more, the one who's Christian and doesn't have it at all because he believes premarital sex is wrong, or the teenager who has no taboos about sex and actually practices it responsibly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus
i believe that premarital sex is fine as long as you have feelings for the other person besides sexual ones. the reason premarital sex is considered wrong is due to religion. i personally do not agree with most religions so to say that pre marital sex is immoral, is based soley on what people have said that god had told them. if love is involved thats all that really matters.
Why do you have to have feelings for the other person? Why can't it just be for pleasure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeoncleetus
Christians justify it within religion because it says so in the Bible. It directly states that premarital sex is wrong.
Most Christians (at least the ones that I know) do believe it because God says so, but they also say it's immoral and would be bad even if God didn't mention it. They try and justify what God says about it mostly with the arguments I tried to refute in my first post. The thing is, it's just one of God's unknown motivations, and you really can't justify it with human reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the midas touch
It all depends on your view of sex. If you were raised to think of sex as a filthy, raunchy, dirty thing, then you may think of premarital sex to be bad. IMO, if you care for the person (as in not solely in a sexual way), then go right ahead. Get the magnum out, big boy.
The person you love (like a spouse) isn't always necessarily your spouse. For example, if 2 high school students have been going out for 2-3 years, and they really feel like they LOVE each other, then is this premarital sex dirty? No.
Once again, how come you have to care for the person? There's nothing wrong with sex for pleasure as long as it's responsible. And if you truly love someone, the ultimate goal is marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganny
what I think is that you put too much thought into this, lol.
I'm beginning to think you might be an idiot, and it's really disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activation
fuck, it doesnt really matter...
It does matter. The biggest obstacle in the way of me having sex with most of the girls I'd like to have sex with right now is their belief that premarital sex is wrong. If you're Christian, it's wrong to go against God's word, but premarital sex itself is wrong for no human reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fershetta
I <3 typoes.
Firstly, the plural of typo is typos. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that what I said wasn't a typo. "…saying premarital sex is bad doesn't make sense…" The thing that doesn't make sense is "saying premarital sex is bad."
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-07-2005

Sex is not wrong. Sex is a good thing because it was created by God and all things created by Him are good. Now before y'all start flaming me, i'm gonna say that's what MY faith believes and that's what I personally believe to be true. Sex only becomes "dirty" when we misuse it. Sex was created for married couples. It is within marriage that they can fully "let go" and be free. You hear alot about how marriages eventually screw up later on as they progress because of all the pre-marital sex they've had. Every wonder why that tends to mess things up? Because when something is used in the wrong way, of course it's going to leave it's mark. Nothing is free, especially not sin. It creates akward and unusual situations when it is misused. Sex is one of the most intimate gift from God and He made it for a purpose. Anything that goes against His purpose is wrong. It is a sin. Sex in itself is NOT bad. God made sex, he wants us to have sex. Just not like crazy animals. I know some of you argue that if you really "love" the person or you have other "feelings" for them BESIDES sexual, that that justifies pre-marital sex to be ok. Proof that that doesn't work as you might think can be found EVERYWHERE. Talk to married couples that at the time of their marriages, one or neither of them were virgins. I can promise you that they've been through some akward and tuff times in their marriage. It may not show up right away but it will catch up to them. Many often have to go to a counselor to get help because of the situation their sin has created.

Above i have written MY beliefs and i don't care if you agree with me or not. Just listen and have an open mind. Below i will try and describe from a "non-believers" stand point.

Regardless if you are a Christian or not, pre-marital sex is not ok. It causes some MAJOR issues when you try to "get intimate" with your wife. It creates obstacles and "blocks" that prevent you from really "connecting" with your partner. Especially when you are having sex with your wife and all the girls that you've had sex with in the past are running through your head. It kinda ruins the experience if you ask me. Sex should be saved for marriage because it's something that you and your wife should experience for the first time, TOGETHER. Think of it as a gift to her. In a sense that "Honey, i must tell you that i've waited ALL this time for you to come along. I've saved myself for you and for you alone. I've been tempted soo much but i know that this is one of the greatest gifts i can ever give you, and that is my purity." Tell me that won't capture a woman's heart. That's how it SHOULD be. Now that is not only from a Christian perspective, but any non-believer can find what i just said to be very logical and true.

Everything that i wrote above is nothing more than SKIMMING the surface. I am studying this very topic in school right now. We are pretty shallow into the subject as of now but we will progress deeper into it and when we do, i'll post what i've learned.

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-07-2005 at 02:56 PM.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-07-2005

What school do you go to where they study premarital sex?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-07-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
What school do you go to where they study premarital sex?
ECS, Bible class, Mr. Brink (genious).
innermostsolid
Level 24
Subtract from innermostsolid's ReputationAdd to innermostsolid's Reputation innermostsolid is a novice
12-07-2005

I think that having sex BEFORE marriage is healthy, and well, funner! I mean, I have to say I would be tempted to perform a sexual act just for pleasure, but I don't know, it's disrespectful.

I'm 14 now, and everyone seems to be having sex for the attention. They're doing it for all the wrong reasons. I have a girlfriend that's completely fine about sex, or any type of sexual act for that matter. But I don't go begging her to do it one weekend, only to come back to school on monday and tell all my friends I did it. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to do it with her but seriously, out of pure respect, I'm not rushing it!

Respect your girlfriends! if you end up marrying them they won't make you breakfast
Gamertag - cha boy tcook

^^add me for MLG^^

I'm looking for more MLG players to play competitively with. I'm always down for fun games though. My screename is xsocomplaya421x if you wanna play.
cthulu4769
Dubious Doppelgänger
Subtract from cthulu4769's ReputationAdd to cthulu4769's Reputation cthulu4769 is a novice
12-07-2005

ok so i was balls deep in this girl, and my cell phone rings...

If it's consentual, then it is fine