Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#171
12-16-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
Vrbas, have you ever heard of the concept of fuck buddies? Two people use each other for sex and don't have any emotional attachments. That's sex for pleasure and not for love. Tell me what's wrong with that. Nobody's rights are being interfered with, they're just doing it because it feels good. Would a guy who regretted it later in life have a good reason to? Or would it just be in his head because society always told him it was wrong?
i wanne answer this as well.

God did not intend humans to do that... Wearing a condim is wrong, why? Becuase if having sex for pleasure was what god wanted he would have not had babies attached to sex. He would not let you "Squirt" reproductive liquid.

People are simply selfish and dont like to give back to god. BOTTOM LINE.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#172
12-16-2005
Default

If sex was solely for procreation, it wouldn't be pleasurable at all. Going by what your saying, if it feels good it's selfish to do (even if nobody's rights are violated), and doing selfish things is wrong, so we should never do anything that feels good. Is that what you want?
Vrbas
i'm around
Vrbas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,548
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
#173
12-16-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
If sex was solely for procreation, it wouldn't be pleasurable at all. Going by what your saying, if it feels good it's selfish to do (even if nobody's rights are violated), and doing selfish things is wrong, so we should never do anything that feels good. Is that what you want?
There is no denying that sex outside of love is just plain selfish. Remember the big picture here.... it's all about ME.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#174
12-16-2005
Default

You could make the argument that eating chocolate is "all about me." So, should we not eat chocolate?
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#175
12-16-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas
There is no denying that sex outside of love is just plain selfish. Remember the big picture here.... it's all about ME.
So what if it's two people doing it with the attitude "it's all about me"?


Elmo <3
tempestwolf
Level 33
tempestwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,503
Subtract from tempestwolf's ReputationAdd to tempestwolf's Reputation tempestwolf is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tempestwolf Send a message via Yahoo to tempestwolf
#176
12-16-2005
Default

i think it's a personal choice...
Vrbas
i'm around
Vrbas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,548
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
#177
12-16-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
You could make the argument that eating chocolate is "all about me." So, should we not eat chocolate?
You're avoiding the point of what i said. Do you want to be known as a selfish person? What is love? To me, love is COMPLETE selfLESSNESS. You go right on ahead and have sex all you want before marriage, i still believe it's wrong though. And i know you don't but we all have our beliefs and we all have to learn to respect them.

*EDIT*

I never said pleasure is bad. NEVER did i say that. But pleasure with the wrong attitude or "misuse" is bad. God wants us to have pleasure. Why do you think He created stuff for us to enjoy? God created sex. God loves sex. He wants us to enjoy it. The problem is, we MISUSE His gift. We use it for the wrong reasons entirely. That is what I as a Christian belive.

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-16-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Vrbas
i'm around
Vrbas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,548
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
#178
12-16-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer

Vrbas, have you ever heard of the concept of fuck buddies? Two people use each other for sex and don't have any emotional attachments. That's sex for pleasure and not for love. Tell me what's wrong with that. Nobody's rights are being interfered with, they're just doing it because it feels good. Would a guy who regretted it later in life have a good reason to? Or would it just be in his head because society always told him it was wrong?
Believe what you want, but there is NO WAY here on earth that sex can be physical without emotional. No way. It might not make itself known to you at ground zero or the time of, but trust me it will catch up with you and you'll see what i'm talking about.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#179
12-16-2005
Default

You're right. Love is selfless. But that doesn't mean sex for pleasure is bad. Not everything you do for yourself is bad. I know you respect that I have different beliefs, I just want for your beliefs to be justified. You say that premarital sex is wrong even outside of religion, and I'd like for you to justify it. That's reasonable, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas
Believe what you want, but there is NO WAY here on earth that sex can be physical without emotional. No way. It might not make itself known to you at ground zero or the time of, but trust me it will catch up with you and you'll see what i'm talking about.
You only believe that because you're Christian and you feel guilty about going against God's word. It will only catch up with me if I take your word for it that it's bad. There's no good reason outside of religion.

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 12-16-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Vrbas
i'm around
Vrbas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,548
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
#180
12-16-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
You're right. Love is selfless. But that doesn't mean sex for pleasure is bad. Not everything you do for yourself is bad. I know you respect that I have different beliefs, I just want for your beliefs to be justified. You say that premarital sex is wrong even outside of religion, and I'd like for you to justify it. That's reasonable, isn't it?
Yes it is reasonable. Look, i admit, i have no proof that my beliefs as a Christian are any more right than yours. Let me try and give you some proof of why i think sex outside of marriage is wrong. I will give 2 examples.

First example

I was 15 when i had my first "serious" relationship with a girl. I made some mistakes that i shouldn't have made. I didn't go "all the way" but i sure as heck did everything else in between. Every sexual act i engaged in with her was emotional, whether i wanted it to be or not. At the time, i was not a Christian. I wish i could, at the time, "hit it and 4get it". But there is NO way that would, could, ever happen. I searched for every possible way to engage in sexual acts without having to worry about the emotions. Trust me, i looked EVERYWHERE. To seperate the 2 is impossible. A week after we "almost went all the way", i caught her making out with a guy at Wednesday night Church. Right then and there i was finished. I poured out to God because when she was gone, i had nothing left to hold on to. So i ran to God and offered up my life to Him. Here i am 3 years later still looking back on what i did and still regretting every thing i did with her. It has scarred me. I have had 3 girlfriends since then. And i've had some MAJOR issues with each. Now when i'm around a girl i "like", i feel soo akward. I feel that since i've gone as far as i have before, i should get at least that far with this one if not further. It has COMPLETELY ruined every relationship i've been in. My mind is warped, there are scars that will not fade. That is my proof of why it is wrong. Experience. Look at this example, i didn't even "have sex" and look what it did to me. If it can do this to someone, think of what the whole 9 yards can do.

2nd example

I have a very close friend. I am not mentioning any names b/c i'm not like that to expose someone. He has had pre-marital sex. He has had sex ONCE before he got married. He recently just got married to the sweetest most lovely girl you could imagine. She, unlike my friend, was a virgin. He told me that on their wedding night when they had sex, the girl he had pre-marital sex with like 6 years ago was running through his head THE ENTIRE TIME they were having sex. He said it COMPLETELY ruined HER first sexual experience as well as it did his SUPPOSED to be special time with his wife. I don't want that. I doubt anyone does.

Therein lies my proof. First and second hand experience. You don't have to believe me, but you asked. It messes you up, trust me. If not now, later on.

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-16-2005 at 04:42 PM.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off