Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

.Ghost, why is it bad to do something because it feels good if it doesn't interfere with others' rights? If it's selfish to do anything that feels good, and nobody should be selfish, then you're saying that no one should do anything that feels good.
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
12-15-2005

Within a certain limit. Sex is a touchy subject (no pun intended). Different people feel a different way. Yes it feels good. It feels good for rapists, does that make it right? You can say "But if they give you consent". Just because they gave you consent to put your penis in them doesn't mean they'll agree with that decision forever.
GT: King Bond
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

Rape, while it feels good for the rapist, is a violation of the rights of the person getting raped. That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is something that feels good and does not interfere with anyone's rights. And if someone regrets having sex later in life, you can't go back and punish the other person for it. You have to go on whether it was consentual at the time.
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
12-15-2005

Yes but the consequences later may not be worth it for that one person. Sex isn't just pleasure. There's a lot more to it than that. After talking with you on these forums I'd figure you knew that by now.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-15-2005

If you're talking about physical consequences (unwanted pregnancy and STDs), those can be easily avoided. If your talking about the consequences of having sex with someone you love (deep emotional connection), it doesn't have to be about that. I see no problem with having sex just for pleasure. When I get married and have sex with my wife, the sex is not going to be just about pleasure. There's also going to be the deep emotional connection. But there is nothing to suggest that having sex for pleasure before you're married is wrong.

If you're in a relationship purely about sex for pleasure, and it's had responsibly, and there is no expectation of anything more meaningful, there can be no negative consequences.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
If you're talking about physical consequences (unwanted pregnancy and STDs), those can be easily avoided. If your talking about the consequences of having sex with someone you love (deep emotional connection), it doesn't have to be about that. I see no problem with having sex just for pleasure. When I get married and have sex with my wife, the sex is not going to be just about pleasure. There's also going to be the deep emotional connection. But there is nothing to suggest that having sex for pleasure before you're married is wrong.

If you're in a relationship purely about sex for pleasure, and it's had responsibly, and there is no expectation of anything more meaningful, there can be no negative consequences.
Therein lies the problem. Sex = physical and emotional. Those 2 are INSEPERABLE. One can not exist without the other. Whether you just "bang for fun" or rape. Emotional connection is involved in EVERY SEXUAL ENCOUNTER.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-15-2005

Maybe you can't conceive of sex purely for pleasure and not for love, but I can.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-15-2005

Quote:
Maybe you can't conceive of sex purely for pleasure and not for love, but I can.
I can't. If i can, i didn't know i had it in me. But regardless whether you believe in sex for pleasure of sex for love, the physical can never be without the emotional when it comes to sex.
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

Quote:
Well one day you're going to fall in love and you'll make love and it'll be that much better. I find it almost offensive when people have sex without love. I mean, it's your life and everything. But they call it "making love" for a reason.

EDIT - This kid can't see much further than his own feet. It's not the physical consequences. It's the realization when you're older going "wow, I really made a mistake fucking all those girls." Those kind of consequences. Not the example I used exactly, but you get the picture. (at least I hope you do ... )

Last edited by King Bond; 12-15-2005 at 11:06 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-16-2005

King Bond, you're right. When I have sex with someone I love, it will be better. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't have sex for pleasure before then. I've got an analogy for you. Hot chocolate with marshmellows is rockin' awesome. Hot chocolate without marshmellows is still awesome, but not quite as good. If I have some Swiss Miss but no marshmellows, I'm not going to wait until I find some marshmellows, I'm going to make the hot chocolate and enjoy it for what it is.

I wouldn't call it making love unless it's with someone I love. I'd call it sex, or fucking, or whatever. Maybe you'd consider it a mistake, but I wouldn't. I'm curious though, why would you regret it later in life? And don't start with the attacks again. I'm not attacking you.

Vrbas, have you ever heard of the concept of fuck buddies? Two people use each other for sex and don't have any emotional attachments. That's sex for pleasure and not for love. Tell me what's wrong with that. Nobody's rights are being interfered with, they're just doing it because it feels good. Would a guy who regretted it later in life have a good reason to? Or would it just be in his head because society always told him it was wrong?