Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

If, during the course of a debate, you become convinced that you were wrong at first, and you change your position to the new thing that you consider right, you end up right, but you lose the debate.

Debating should be about right and wrong, but for many people, it ends up being about winning and losing. People don't want to think that they might be wrong, so they don't admit that it's possible. Any debate that never ends is either because at least one of the parties is not good enough at arguing, or because at least one of the parties is too stubborn to change its position, even if one proves the other wrong.

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 12-15-2005 at 07:27 PM.
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
12-15-2005

Or quite possibly there is no right or wrong. Hence the debate about the existence of god. Not enough evidence for either side. It is just an endless debate that nobody can solve but God (if he/she exists).
GT: King Bond
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

Yeah, you're right. I'll rephrase.

"Any debate in which one position is right and the other is wrong that never ends is either because at least one of the parties is not good enough at arguing, or because at least one of the parties is too stubborn to change its position, even if one proves the other wrong."

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 12-15-2005 at 07:27 PM.
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
12-15-2005

I like debating for the mere challenge of finding a person worth talking to. A majority of my friends are quite good linguists. I don't like talking to stupid people. I'm no genius, but hearing stupid talk about subjects is just laughable. I in no way mean this as a stereotype, but a lot of Southern people make me laugh at their feeble attempts at stating a solid fact lol.

EDIT - AGAIN!! THIS IS GETTING OFF TOPIC!! Add me on AIM or MSN lol
ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
12-15-2005

I enjoy debating cause some people actually do bring up good points that enlighten my intellect. It's quite refreshing.

The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-15-2005

ekattan, I enjoy debating for the same thing.

King Bond, I'll agree that it's not very satisfying to argue with idiots, but the worst is arguing with people who are unwilling to change their opinions when they encounter new evidence.

Quote:
Add me on AIM or MSN
I don't use either. Seriously though, I'm going to start a new thread about genetics and environment so that we can continue arguing about it without it being off-topic.

And if you want to get back on-topic in this thread, I'm ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
Responsible sex before marriage is considered bad by people for no good reason. It feels good, and there's no tangible effect, so people should be free to do it.
What do you say to that?
iCeAt
Level 31
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas
Do you think everything that feels good IS good? If you believe that life is nothing more than seeking to fulfill your own selfish desires and have as much "pleasure" as you possibly can, i'm sorry to hear that.

In all honestly, i believe there is more to life than just "what feels good". There is more to life than just ME.
Great post!

Most people are selfish VR and sadly that is growing more and mroe
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Great post!

Most people are selfish VR and sadly that is growing more and mroe
Agreed. People in my city are starting to have sex around the age of 12-13. It sickens me.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bond
Agreed. People in my city are starting to have sex around the age of 12-13. It sickens me.
Holy smokes! That's ridiculous. I wasn't completely unaware of this but i was just reminded. Wow.
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

It's disgusting. I waited till I was 15 and that was still a very young age.