Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

Well, I'd like to keep arguing this. Do you want me to start a new thread for it? It's depressing to think that you can never convince people they're wrong.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
So, did I convince you that I'm right?

Anyways, responsible sex before marriage is considered bad by people for no good reason. It feels good, and there's no tangible effect, so people should be free to do it.
Do you think everything that feels good IS good? If you believe that life is nothing more than seeking to fulfill your own selfish desires and have as much "pleasure" as you possibly can, i'm sorry to hear that.

In all honestly, i believe there is more to life than just "what feels good". There is more to life than just ME.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-15-2005

An animal or 99% of the species out there are selfish in every way. They only act for the species as a whole in reproduction but that is more for themselves. They want to pass on their own genes. They only species out there that are for the group more than themselves are ants, wasps, and bees. So far they are the only ones that have shown that their own genetics and life is less important than the masses.

That is just for colostomizer, I had to learn about this crap for a year, I cannot believe I have actually had a chance to use it. And this thread has taken a weird turn but I like it.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
12-15-2005

I once read that Ducks were the only other species to have sex for pure enjoyment.

Quote:
Well, I'd like to keep arguing this. Do you want me to start a new thread for it? It's depressing to think that you can never convince people they're wrong.
If you'd like I'll straight up say you've convinced me I'm wrong. Does proving people wrong give you that much of a rush? Cause even if you ever did convince me you're right? I still probably wouldn't admit it because that's an awful dumb reason to debate. Simply the pure enjoyment of proving someone wrong? Good work.
GT: King Bond
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bond
I once read that Ducks were the only other species to have sex for pure enjoyment.
There are others. Dolphins, certain monkeys, H2F moderators. . .

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
12-15-2005

watch it Get DM on your ass and your screwed!! .... Oh god that sounded wrong ...
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

Vrbas, I do not think everything that feels good is good. That's why there was more to my sentence. "It feels good, and there's no tangible effect, so people should be free to do it." I'll make it even clearer. "If it feels good, and it doesn't interfere with others' rights, people should be free to do it." Anything that feels good but interfere's with somone's rights is wrong. Also, I am in no way saying that doing things that feel good (even if nobody's rights are violated) is all there is to life. It's just something we should be free to do.

MarkedAchilles, would you agree that, in a way, self-preservation benefits the species as a whole? Because if every member of a species ranks self-preservation fairly high on the priorities list, that species is probably going to do pretty well.

Kind Bond, I do not debate to win. I get no pleasure from that. I don't want you to say I convinced you that you're wrong if you don't mean it. I debate to be right. If someone convinces me I'm wrong, I admit it and I'm glad that my position on the subject has matured. I expect the same from everyone else. If I did convince you, and you admitted it, I wouldn't gloat about it. I'd be glad that someone else looks at something the way I do.
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

Quote:
Kind Bond, I do not debate to win ........... I debate to be right.
Share with me, the difference between the two.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-15-2005

If you debate to win, you stick with your original position, even if you come to realize you were wrong. Because if you change your position, you lose.

If you debate to be right, you go with whatever position you think is right. If that changes, so be it. You don't worry about winning and losing.

I'd rather be right and lose the debate than be wrong and win the debate.
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

That makes no sense. How can you be right and lose a debate. Debating is basically arguing to see who's right and who's wrong. Some debates cannot be ended. In which case you could be debating to be right. However, in most cases you're trying to prove someone wrong (win the debate).