Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
12-15-2005

Parents raise their kids more than TV? Take a poll. How many children come home and watch TV and how many children come home and spend the night talking with their parents. I know my younger siblings come home and sit infront of the TV. Not only that, but, if my parents are getting supper ready or are busy with something around the house? They put the TV on and go do their thing. TV is a large part of childrens lives. The biggest in my mind.

I apologize for my "attacking" statements. It's not right of me to attack during a debate (especially of this proportion) I'm not so much "bitching" as I am debating it with you. I could just as easily say "Stop your bitching" if that's the case.

As for the big words. Let me say this again, I could care less what words you use. I stated one thing and I stand by it. That doesn't mean anything though. Carry on Mr Dictionary .
GT: King Bond
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

I suppose it's possible that your little brother has spent more time watching the TV then observing his parents, but it's not likely. Even if it's true, that's not an accurate representation of other families. Let's say your little brother is watching a show that explicitly says it's alright to punch other people in the face, and afterwards, his parents say it's not alright. Do you really think that your brother is going to disregard what your parents said and start punching people in the face? Even if he did, the vast majority of kids would go with the parents and refrain from punching people. You've got to agree with that, and if it's true, then parents hold more sway over their kids' lives than TV.

The "bitching" I was referring to was when you said that what we were arguing about was off-topic. That wasn't a part of the debate.

As for the big words, all I have to say is, if you couldn't care less ("couldn't" is the right word there, not "could"), then you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place.
Mitch
Level 33
Subtract from Mitch's ReputationAdd to Mitch's Reputation Mitch is a novice
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
My grandpa told me at an early age you have to try on the shoe before you buy it.
I respect that
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
Let's say your little brother is watching a show that explicitly says it's alright to punch other people in the face, and afterwards, his parents say it's not alright. Do you really think that your brother is going to disregard what your parents said and start punching people in the face? Even if he did, the vast majority of kids would go with the parents and refrain from punching people. You've got to agree with that, and if it's true, then parents hold more sway over their kids' lives than TV.

As for the big words, all I have to say is, if you couldn't care less ("couldn't" is the right word there, not "could"), then you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place.
Anger is another factor you must throw into the equation. If a child is angry at another kid what do you think he'll be thinking about? How his parents are against violence? Or how he wants to be like Goku and punch the other kid through a wall? lol. I agree that kids do listen to their parents .... when their parents are around. I haven't lived with every family so obviously the only examples I can give you are from my own. I realise not every family is like mine ( that should go without saying ). I'll admit parents and TV do an equal share of raising children. I wouldn't say one does more than the other (which is sad).

As for the "I could care less" I suppose it could be said both ways.
I couldn't care less = You literally could not care less
I could care less = You don't care but could care less about more important matters.

I've heard both said. I usually say the couldn't to be honest. They are both said and both used everyday however.
Prime Objectiv3
Level 20
Subtract from Prime Objectiv3's ReputationAdd to Prime Objectiv3's Reputation Prime Objectiv3 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Prime Objectiv3
12-15-2005

It depends on your religion, but if you're christian (like me), no one really cares...
I have freinds that are Mormon and if they even date before they're 16 then they risk being kicked out of they're church, thats heavy shit.

GT: Prime Objectiv3, Add me for MLG
AIM: Prime Objectiv3

Team I T2K

Prime Objectiv3 (me)
I G1 Joe I
TeChneKe
lx NIRVANA xl
TH3 RESOLUTION
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreCiZioN
It depends on your religion, but if you're christian (like me), no one really cares....
You need to take another listen to your fellow Christians in this thread.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Bond
Anger is another factor you must throw into the equation. If a child is angry at another kid what do you think he'll be thinking about? How his parents are against violence? Or how he wants to be like Goku and punch the other kid through a wall? lol. I agree that kids do listen to their parents .... when their parents are around. I haven't lived with every family so obviously the only examples I can give you are from my own. I realise not every family is like mine ( that should go without saying ). I'll admit parents and TV do an equal share of raising children. I wouldn't say one does more than the other (which is sad).
If a kid is angry at another kid and punches him in the face, it's because of anger. The kid does not think, "Well, let's see. Goku said it was okay, but mom and dad said it wasn't. Meh, I'll go with Goku." If the kid does think about TV saying it's alright and his parents saying it's not, he's going to go with the parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Bond
As for the "I could care less" I suppose it could be said both ways.
I couldn't care less = You literally could not care less
I could care less = You don't care but could care less about more important matters.

I've heard both said. I usually say the couldn't to be honest. They are both said and both used everyday however.
When people say "I could care less," they mean "I couldn't care less." They just don't really think about it because it's an accepted phrase that everybody uses.
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

I'm done talking about fucking who raises children. GET BACK ON TOPIC
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-15-2005

So, did I convince you that I'm right?

Anyways, responsible sex before marriage is considered bad by people for no good reason. It feels good, and there's no tangible effect, so people should be free to do it.
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

You've convinced me of no such thing. There's no way either of us could possibly be correct based on fact. We both don't know enough on the subject to persuade the other into belief. I respect your will to defend yourself though.