Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
12-15-2005

You wasted all that time typing to argue one point I had. Congratulations. Not only that? But didn't even do a good job of it. I admit I missed one part of your previous statement that you highlighted, quite effectively. That doesn't make you right. You have no idea what kids are watching these days do you? The amount of violence in childrens lives is insane. One example I'll use is my brother. He's 11 years old. He watches a show called Dragon Ball Z (which I'm sure we're all familiar with). After watching this show he becomes increasingly violent and tries fighting me (lol ). He uses terms, out of anger, such as "I'll kill you", "You're dead", "I'll blow you up", etc. For those of you laughing at that, don't. I admit it's quite humourous hearing a child say these things. However, upon furthor thought on that, it's quite scary. What if a child actually means what he says? What if a child after watching these shows, believes it to be real life? Most of you, if not all of you, have come across young children playing Halo. It isn't right. They are hearing things most people would NEVER say infront of children. Who in their right mind would ever tell a 12 year old, face to face "I'll fucking rape you"? (Other than a child molester I suppose). My point is, it's not as rare as you might think. Violence and hatred is becoming more and more a part of children's everyday lives.

As for you using big words. I enjoy it. I can understand them quite well actually. I may only be a kid, but I know my shit. I never once asked you to stop using big words or "dumb it down". Make any assumption you'd like. Have a nice day.
GT: King Bond
DieseL
Bang & Boom
Subtract from DieseL's ReputationAdd to DieseL's Reputation DieseL is a novice
Send a message via AIM to DieseL Send a message via MSN to DieseL
12-15-2005

i love to bang storms mom
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
12-15-2005

When people are trying to have an intelligent conversation? Try not to fuck it up with immaturity. Thanks.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

I only consider my posts to be wasteful if people like you don't understand them. And by the way, I typed 16 lines in response to you (not including quotes), and you typed 17 lines in your last post.

I do know what kids are watching these days, and I do find the increasing violence at younger ages slightly disturbing, but your point isn't valid. How many kids can't tell the difference between Halo and real life? Do you know any? If your little brother really wasn't able to divorce himself from fantasy, he would've actually tried to kill you by now. Very few people kill others because of violence in TV and videogames. And when they do, it's because the parents were complete failures and let their kids play violent videogames.

"You're just a guy that wants to have sex that uses big words to try and cover for that." Of course I want to have sex. Why would I want to cover for that at all? Like I said before, I use big words because it allows for better points. Don't give me crap for using big words if you understand and enjoy them.
ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
12-15-2005

Genetics is not only physical traits. Itís much more than that, it's behavioral and instinctual.

Sincerely Bond, you start insutling people the minute they don't agree with you. Thats not what having an argument is about. Respect other people's opinion and just rebutle respectfuly.

Last edited by ekattan; 12-15-2005 at 02:51 PM.
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

1. Way to count the lines we typed. Real cool *thumbs up*

2. Kids are influenced by a lot of things. I used body manipulation as an example. Television is the biggest form of manipulation kids have these days. It out-weighs Religion and Parental manipulation by a long shot (overall).

3. I said that a long time ago. I wasn't giving you crap for using big words. I merely said you were a horny kid that tried covering that up by using big words, which you continue to use.

4. This is the Premarital Sex thread, not the "Let's talk about Manipulation of children's minds" thread. I'm done with this children manipulation talk. You're a horny kid that's going to "hell" if there is one. Have fun with that. I hope you're Religious so that actually scares you lol
King Bond
Member #7180
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekattan
Genetics is not only physical traits. Itís much more than that, it's behavioral and instinctual.

Sincerely Bond, you start insutling people the minute they don't agree with you. Thats not what having an argument is about. Respect other people's opinion and just rebutle respectfuly.
I'm trying. I don't think of it as insulting until I look back and say "Ya, okay, I insulted him"

Furthermore, I believe Genetics to go as far as physical traits. Anything after that is influence from a number of sources on one's mind. Again though, this is getting off-topic. If you wish to chat about this or other issues, I do have my AIM and MSN posted in my sig. Use it.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-15-2005

ekattan, thank you.

Kind Bond, seriously, what is your problem? You give me crap, I defend myself, and you give me crap for defending myself. You said that I wasted my time with a huge post, so I took ten seconds to count the lines and point out that you typed more than me. And you attacked me for that?

The vast majority of people spend way more time observing their parents than watching TV. Parents are the biggest environmental influence by far. (Disagreeing with that amounts to willful blindness.)

You said I was using big words to cover up for wanting to have sex. Saying that means either you believe I was using big words for an unjustified reason, or you don't understand what you were saying. If you think I was unjustified in using big words, that counts as attacking me for using them. "Öby using big words, which you continue to use." Why would you even say that if you don't have a problem with me using big words?

An example of genetics going beyond physical traits is fear. Fear is not something learned in society. We fear things that are antithetical to our survival because we're genetically designed to prefer life over death. I'd love to see you try to refute this point.

If it really bothers you that we got into a good off-topic subject, and you want to continue debating this, I'll gladly argue about it in a new thread. Otherwise, quit your bitching.
ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
12-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
ekattan, thank you.

Kind Bond, seriously, what is your problem? You give me crap, I defend myself, and you give me crap for defending myself. You said that I wasted my time with a huge post, so I took ten seconds to count the lines and point out that you typed more than me. And you attacked me for that?

The vast majority of people spend way more time observing their parents than watching TV. Parents are the biggest environmental influence by far. (Disagreeing with that amounts to willful blindness.)

You said I was using big words to cover up for wanting to have sex. Saying that means either you believe I was using big words for an unjustified reason, or you don't understand what you were saying. If you think I was unjustified in using big words, that counts as attacking me for using them. "Öby using big words, which you continue to use." Why would you even say that if you don't have a problem with me using big words?

An example of genetics going beyond physical traits is fear. Fear is not something learned in society. We fear things that are antithetical to our survival because we're genetically designed to prefer life over death. I'd love to see you try to refute this point.

If it really bothers you that we got into a good off-topic subject, and you want to continue debating this, I'll gladly argue about it in a new thread. Otherwise, quit your bitching.
Don't throw more wood into the fire, it's already out. He acknowledges his actions, give him a chance before attacking him.

Let's keep this civilized please.

The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
12-15-2005

You're probably right about the wood, but he hasn't acknowledged his actions yet. The only part of my last post that could be construed as attacking was the "willfull blindness" remark. But that wasn't so bad because, well, your parents raise you, not the TV. It's glaringly obvious. Telling him to quit bitching isn't attacking him, it's just telling him to stop complaining unnecessarily. And he is bitching about the whole "Nature v. Nurture" subject being off-topic.