Display Modes Thread Tools
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-13-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper117
Who is to say that the "right time" is marriage? Whos to say that it is INTENDED to be that way? I think It should be unique under different circumstances, and completely up to every person to decide for your own. Thats what I hate about religion. It almost forces you to conform, and share beliefs. It is looked down upon when you have an Idea thats different. Its almost like erasing individuality, to a lesser extent. So, fuck if you want, but you have to be prepared to accept the respnsibilities that come with it.
Think of it this way: Why would you even want to worry about having to deal with the responsibilities of making certain choices? If you know it will cause problems, why do it?

And if you say "What makes you think that staying a virgin till marriage will eliminate the problems?" Well for one, if both you and your spouse stay pure, STDs are of no concern. Secondly, you don't really have to worry much about birth control or "protective sex" b\c y'all are married and (maybe) ready to raise a family. Thirdly, you won't have to worry about telling your wife you "opened a sneak peak at the xmas present too early" You won't get the chance to give her your one and only gift....PURITY because you probably wasted it on some nobody you'll never see again. Fourthly, you won't have to worry about all the "baggage" that you've collected over your past sexual experiences prior to marriage. Every sexual relation "programs" you and they confuse you/conflict you and your views on the sacred act of sex. Unless of course you see the act of sex to be no different than having a cup of tea with some chic and treat it as nothing more than just a way to "please" yourself. And lastly, you won't have to worry about the people you've had sex with b4 marriage running through your head when you are engaging in intercourse with your wife.

Notice, EVERYTHING i've said has in no form or fasion been related to religion, scripture, Christianity, etc. Everything i've said can be applied practically by a Christian just as well as an atheist.

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-13-2005 at 08:49 PM.
iCeAt
Level 31
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
12-13-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas
Think of it this way: Why would you even want to worry about having to deal with the responsibilities of making certain choices? If you know it will cause problems, why do it?

And if you say "What makes you think that staying a virgin till marriage will eliminate the problems?" Well for one, if both you and your spouse stay pure, STDs are of no concern. Secondly, you don't really have to worry much about birth control or "protective sex" b\c y'all are married and (maybe) ready to raise a family. Thirdly, you won't have to worry about telling your wife you "opened a sneak peak at the xmas present too early" You won't get the chance to give her your one and only gift....PURITY because you probably wasted it on some nobody you'll never see again. Fourthly, you won't have to worry about all the "baggage" that you've collected over your past sexual experiences prior to marriage. Every sexual relation "programs" you and they confuse you/conflict you and your views on the sacred act of sex. Unless of course you see the act of sex to be no different than having a cup of tea with some chic and treat it as nothing more than just a way to "please" yourself. And lastly, you won't have to worry about the people you've had sex with b4 marriage running through your head when you are engaging in intercourse with your wife.

Notice, EVERYTHING i've said has in no form or fasion been related to religion, scripture, Christianity, etc. Everything i've said can be applied practically by a Christian just as well as an atheist.
I have come back from the dead to appluad you vrbas. I read everything you said and believe it 100% That is how I am raised aswell

though I do have a question, it is not meant to be offensive or anything like that.

Your 18, How many girlfriends have you had in your life, and are you a virgin.

I am currently 16 and virgin. I have never had a GF becuase I test girls out before I ask them out, I use them friends to see what there like, and so far most of them are not "pure" and I dislike that VERY MUCH.

So how do you intend to go about finding your wife? (That is pure and all)

Just a question that bewilders me. I would easily get MANY MANY girls. Though I dont want to simply becuase they are not pure and in the future if and so we get married everything you have stated would come true.

IF you answer this I would greatly appreciate it man!

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-13-2005 at 09:24 PM.
CraftierPantz
Level 29
Subtract from CraftierPantz's ReputationAdd to CraftierPantz's Reputation CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame
12-13-2005

Quote:
I used to be a Christian.
see though, once saved always saved, once u are saved, ur name is written in the book of life and it cannot be removed, u can deny Him stuff, but ur still saved and He still loves you

iCeAt
Level 31
12-13-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftierPantz
see though, once saved always saved, once u are saved, ur name is written in the book of life and it cannot be removed, u can deny Him stuff, but ur still saved and He still loves you
I am not christian ( I believe everything about christianty except that jesus was "son" of god, I believe in jesus and what he did, but I dont believe he was son of god)

I am muslim BTW.

Now back onto your statement,

Lets say you are written in a teachers "good book" (Just an easy example to follow) then you go and do everything OPPOSITE that put you in that good book. Are you still good? Did you live up to your part of the bargain?

I believe in the bible and torah for that matter, but I STRONGLY believe that us humans have our own deal to live up to in order to go to heaven.

My 2 cents

Last edited by .Ghost; 12-13-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-13-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
I am not christian ( I believe everything about christianty except that jesus was "son" of god, I believe in jesus and what he did, but I dont believe he was son of god)

I am muslim BTW.

Now back onto your statement,

Lets say you are written in a teachers "good book" (Just an easy example to follow) then you go and do everything OPPOSITE that put you in that good book. Are you still good? Did you live up to your part of the bargain?

I believe in the bible and torah for that matter, but I STRONGLY believe that us humans have our own deal to live up to in order to go to heaven.

My 2 cents
That's not what Christianity is about. We do NOTHING in order to be saved. It is all God. No works, no amount of good deeds, no amount of anything will count toward one bit of earning our way to Heaven. Ephesians 2:8 says "For it is by GRACE you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." You must understand, we have no power to get into Heaven. We can do nothing and say nothing. We are powerless to open the Gates of Heaven. But God gives us a chance to enter in. You see, God is a Just God, and His only response to sin is wrath. Sin cannot go unpunished. In a sense, God's wrath = Justice. If God were to merely look over our sin and say "oh well, i'll let that one pass", He would be violating Justice.

Ever since the Garden of Edan when Adam and Eve sinned, we became a fallen race in need of a Savior and Redeemer. Every single baby that was born was born with sin b\c of the lineage connected to Adam. Jesus was born of a virgin, and that was Mary. With the virgin birth, Jesus could take his first breath without sin. And since He was 100% God and 100% man at the same time, he was nothing short of perfect and all powerful. Jesus was God's chosen Redeemer, His only Son (i know you don't believe that but the Trinity is just that: Father, Son, Holy Spirit). The only way to save God's people was to propitiate (appease/satisfy) God's wrath. To do that, Jesus had to pay the price for each and every sin that was ever committed. Upon the cross, Jesus experienced the FULL wrath of God by taken upon Him every sin of every single person. God poured out His wrath upon Jesus and with all the sins being put on Jesus' slate, all had been accounted for and all sins had been washed away. Jesus became the median between us and God. Without Him and God's grace, we would stand no chance of entering into His perfect Kingdom.

Does this mean we can live in sin since deeds don't matter? - Romans 6:1-2 "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" Rms 6:6-7 "For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin-because anyone who has died has been freed form sin."

Now i'm sure this raises some question like "Well then why do Christians continue in their sin after Salvation?". James 3:14-19 "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clother and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you welll; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith; i have deeds.' Show me your faith without deeds, and i will show you my faith by what i do. You believe that there is one God. Good! even the demons believe that-and shudder"

I know that's not what you said you believe but that's what I believe and all those who accept Christianity as Truth.

Last edited by Vrbas; 01-26-2006 at 08:34 PM.
iCeAt
Level 31
12-13-2005

Quote:
That's not what Christianity is about. We do NOTHING in order to be saved. It is all God. No works, no amount of good deeds, no amount of anything will count toward one bit of earning our way to Heaven. Ephesians 2:8 says "For it is by GRACE you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." You must understand, we have no power to get into Heaven. We can do nothing and say nothing. We are powerless to open the Gates of Heaven. But God gives us a chance to enter in. You see, God is a Just God, and His only response to sin is wrath. Sin cannot go unpunished. If God were to merely look over our sin and say "oh well, i'll let that one pass", He would be violating Justice.

Ever since the Garden of Edan when Adam and Eve sinned, we became a fallen race in need of a Savior and Redeemer. Every single baby that was born was born with sin b\c of the lineage connected to Adam. Jesus was born of a virgin, and that was Mary. With the virgin birth, Jesus could take his first breath without sin. And since He was 100% God and 100% man at the same time, he was nothing short of perfect and all powerful. Jesus was God's chosen Redeemer, His only Son (i know you don't believe that but the Trinity is just that: Father, Son, Holy Spirit). The only way to save God's people was to propitiate (appease/satisfy) God's wrath. To do that, Jesus had to pay the price for each and every sin that was ever committed. Upon the cross, Jesus experienced the FULL wrath of God by taken upon Him every sin of every single person. God poured out His wrath upon Jesus and with all the sins being put on Jesus' slate, all had been accounted for and all sins had been washed away. Jesus became the median between us and God. Without Him and God's grace, we would stand no chance of entering into His perfect Kingdom.

Does this mean we can live in sin since deeds don't matter? - Romans 6:1-2 "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" Rms 6:6-7 "For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin-because anyone who has died has been freed form sin."

Now i'm sure this raises some question like "Well then why do Christians continue in their sin after Salvation?". James 3:14-19 "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clother and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you welll; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith; i have deeds.' Show me your faith without deeds, and i will show you my faith by what i do. You believe that there is one God. Good! even the demons believe that-and shudder"

I know that's not what you said you believe but that's what I believe and all those who accept Christianity as Truth.
Very intellectual response.

Cleared up some things about christianity for me!

So what I can say now is I beleive we must continue to not sin, as out part of the bargain into entering heaven. That is my view, I dont want to inforce it unto anyone, just telling you guys how I think.
I do from my gathering of what vrbas posted think that is pretty much what he said.

Vrbas me and you could have some good conversations man, I could learn tons from you.
Fershetta
Level 35
Subtract from Fershetta's ReputationAdd to Fershetta's Reputation Fershetta is a novice
12-13-2005

Quote:
If you know it will cause problems, why do it?
Because it's warm and slippery and makes squishy noises when you put your penis in it and pull it out and it smells like fish and has a sweet taste and it feels good and and and...
iCeAt
Level 31
12-13-2005

You are one very selfish man fershetta...
King Bond
Member #7180
Subtract from King Bond's ReputationAdd to King Bond's Reputation King Bond is on the rise to fame King Bond is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to King Bond Send a message via MSN to King Bond
12-14-2005

For the record, I haven't read a single post yet. I'm only posting my opinion and leaving. I'm atheist and don't exactly fit in with you folk . My belief is if you love someone, truely love someone. That is when it is right. Sex without love is wrong. Marriage or not, as long as you and that other person love one another, it is right. Thank you for listening.
GT: King Bond
iCeAt
Level 31
12-14-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bond
For the record, I haven't read a single post yet. I'm only posting my opinion and leaving. I'm atheist and don't exactly fit in with you folk . My belief is if you love someone, truely love someone. That is when it is right. Sex without love is wrong. Marriage or not, as long as you and that other person love one another, it is right. Thank you for listening.
You fit in with what most people said.

You should read everything Vrbas posted though, might change your veiws.

It sure as hell reinforced my veiws.