Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
ILeGeNdIXI
Level 13
Subtract from ILeGeNdIXI's ReputationAdd to ILeGeNdIXI's Reputation ILeGeNdIXI is a novice
07-25-2009

word........
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
07-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeLaTioN View Post
Then why post anything at all? You could save those six key strokes and put them towards your next Pulitzer prize winning book.
I don't write anymore; besides, it's like you said, I do it to make myself feel better!

Quote:
Oh, sh.t, how could I have been so flat minded? I should've realized that the Judeo-Christian God is the ONLY God that supports the idea of a purposeful universe. Afterall, it's not like the Hindu god or the Muslim god or any others don't operate in almost exactly the same way. In fact, Muslim's believe even more so then Christians, that their Creator built a perfect and orderly universe.
You're still only considering religious constitutions and gods; still flat minded.

Quote:
Because you, and the rest of society, see hallucinogenic drugs as nothing more than a way to get f..ked up.
You totally got me there; I mean, I was the only person in the drug discussion thread to talk about and cite Timothy Leary's views on hallucinogetic drugs being used as means to expand consciousness, and have posted several times that it's not a drug to be used simply recreationally and abhore the use of hallucinogetic drugs in that fashion. But if you disregard all of the contrary evidence and base my views on what "the rest of society" thinks because I belittle your pseudo-intellectuality and act condescendingly, then sure.

Quote:
Maybe it was real.
You don't even know what that word means.

Quote:
It's kinda like Yann Martel's book, Life of Pi.
Not really.
Busy, busy, busy
P.k
Level 28
Subtract from P.k's ReputationAdd to P.k's Reputation P.k is a novice
07-25-2009

chemical reactions. all it is.
ReVeLaTioN
Level 25
Subtract from ReVeLaTioN's ReputationAdd to ReVeLaTioN's Reputation ReVeLaTioN is a novice
07-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
I mean, I was the only person in the drug discussion thread to talk about and cite Timothy Leary's views on hallucinogetic drugs being used as means to expand consciousness, and have posted several times that it's not a drug to be used simply recreationally and abhore the use of hallucinogetic drugs in that fashion.
Oh, how could I have been so stupid? I should've known that you posted in the "Drug Discussion Thread" to talk about and cite Timothy Leary's views.. jeez, everyone knows that.

Lol, my first and only impression of you is through this thread, and so far you seem like a pretty big tool.

Quote:
You don't even know what that word means.
And apparently you do? You act like your some sort of authority on reality and consciousness.. and I have a sneaking suspicion that you really don't know shit. Just because you've taken some philosophy classes and experimented with some hallucinogens, doesn't mean your any more advanced then anyone else in this discussion. We're all pathetic mortals here, remember that.
A man's errors are his portals of discovery. -- James Joyce
ReVeLaTioN
Level 25
Subtract from ReVeLaTioN's ReputationAdd to ReVeLaTioN's Reputation ReVeLaTioN is a novice
07-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by so,sdn zdeoei View Post
Actually, I think he has his B.A. in Philosophy
oh. sorry. instead of saying "a couple" I should have said like 10 or 11. that doesn't change the point of my post at all.
ReVeLaTioN
Level 25
07-25-2009

Quote:
If the topic of this thread involves philosophy, I think it does
The topic of this thread does, kinda, but not the topic of my post. Him having a B.A. in Philosophy doesn't mean that he has any type of crazy insight that others don't have in this particular subject. We're talking about DMT. You won't find out much about it in Elements of Moral Philosophy or the History of Ancient Philosophy (or most other classes at undergraduate schools throughout the country).
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-25-2009

Quote:
Him having a B.A. in Philosophy doesn't mean that he has any type of crazy insight that others don't have in this particular subject.
Obviously not. I mean, I don't have a degree in bullshit or anything but I'm pretty sure you could pass for a doctorate.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
07-26-2009

Quote:
Oh, how could I have been so stupid? I should've known that you posted in the "Drug Discussion Thread" to talk about and cite Timothy Leary's views.. jeez, everyone knows that.
My point is that you were wrong on your assumption.

Quote:
Lol, my first and only impression of you is through this thread, and so far you seem like a pretty big tool.
k.

Quote:
And apparently you do?
No, but at least I'm aware of my ignorance.

Quote:
You act like your some sort of authority on reality and consciousness.. and I have a sneaking suspicion that you really don't know sh.t. Just because you've taken some philosophy classes and experimented with some hallucinogens, doesn't mean your any more advanced then anyone else in this discussion. We're all pathetic mortals here, remember that.
When it comes to philosophy, davo and I are the authorities on the matter; this is just the same as MarkedAchilles being an authority in the field of biology -- fact is I simply know more knowledge and experience and skill in the field of philosophy.

Quote:
Actually, I think he has his B.A. in Philosophy
Not quite.

Quote:
oh. sorry. instead of saying "a couple" I should have said like 10 or 11. that doesn't change the point of my post at all.
The point of your post was that I'm no better than you, meaning you're as good as I am despite having, at best, an elementary understanding of philosophy. Who's the arrogant one here?
Busy, busy, busy
P.k
Level 28
Subtract from P.k's ReputationAdd to P.k's Reputation P.k is a novice
07-26-2009

Quote:
We're all pathetic mortals here, remember that.
thats deep yo
ReVeLaTioN
Level 25
07-26-2009

Quote:
When it comes to philosophy, davo and I are the authorities on the matter; this is just the same as MarkedAchilles being an authority in the field of biology -- fact is I simply know more knowledge and experience and skill in the field of philosophy.
Fair enough, I guess I can respect.

Quote:
No, but at least I'm aware of my ignorance.
Dude.. I am fully aware of my ignorance as well. I honestly have no f..king idea as to what me or anyone else is doing on this god forsaken planet. The only sensible thing I can find to do is to load up a fat bowl and throw on some Bob and just cruise. Beautiful nugs make a lot more sense to me then 1,000 people dieing in the Gaza Strip or the latest "war on terror". Lately the great mystery of life seems to be about how f..king cruel our world it really is. How many people's lives are thrown away like trash at the hands of evil dictators, and even at the hands of our "democratic leaders" who hide behind the face of christianity and freedom. It's all bullsh.t, all of it. Not that it really matters, I mean I guess we're all going to meet the same fate eventually. No matter how morally right we are, no matter how intelligent we get, no matter how rich or poor we end; it's all f..ked. We're all going to end up on our deathbed, whether tomorrow or in a hundred years. So what the f..k is the point??

I've been attempting to get into philosophy and literature in the last year or so I can maybe possibly start answering some questions. By the way, what type of a philosophy program are you in? I go to orientation next week and I'm thinking about maybe double majoring in it or something.

Last edited by ReVeLaTioN; 07-26-2009 at 10:43 PM.