Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Do U Go Clutch
Level 11
Subtract from Do U Go Clutch's ReputationAdd to Do U Go Clutch's Reputation Do U Go Clutch is a novice
04-06-2009

I just got the red rings of death on the 4th of april. I Called microsoft and they've been basically no help so far, although the lady i talked to today should be sending me the label in the email, i supply my own box, bubble wrap, newspapers etc... Hopefully i can give purolator or ups the box by this wendseday or thurseday and then its off for 2 - 3 weeks. The lady told me i would not be getting my xbox back, i would get a new one, So hopefully that works out.
BinoChrist
Broke w/ Expensive Taste
Subtract from BinoChrist's ReputationAdd to BinoChrist's Reputation BinoChrist finally popped his Bubble Shield BinoChrist finally popped his Bubble Shield BinoChrist finally popped his Bubble Shield BinoChrist finally popped his Bubble Shield
04-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do U Go Clutch View Post
I just got the red rings of death on the 4th of april. I Called microsoft and they've been basically no help so far, although the lady i talked to today should be sending me the label in the email, i supply my own box, bubble wrap, newspapers etc... Hopefully i can give purolator or ups the box by this wendseday or thurseday and then its off for 2 - 3 weeks. The lady told me i would not be getting my xbox back, i would get a new one, So hopefully that works out.
It's not a new box, it's a refurbished box.
Jot1337
Level 10
Subtract from Jot1337's ReputationAdd to Jot1337's Reputation Jot1337 is a novice
04-06-2009

My xbox got got 2 rings of death soo... W.T.F??? and the lady said it was an over heating isuue but i did have alot of usb things on my xbox like my play anbd charge kit my turtle beach earforce's and that sorta stuff i did have an external fan on the back of my xbox and i dont see how it can overheat... so theres my story so poop the lasy said i would get a box in 3 says with a lable and i have to send it thru UPS and she gave me all these numbers i wrote them down and i hope UPS will know everything about how to send it and i hope it doesnt happen again cause my parents were planning on getting me the mlg astro 140 headset for my birthday on april 21 and i wanna be able to use the headset really soon

Join DarkCobraElite (DCE)
GT: Jot1337 add me if you want to apply
JUK3D
Level 17
Subtract from JUK3D's ReputationAdd to JUK3D's Reputation JUK3D is a novice
04-12-2009

Can anyone give me a link to the label? The FaQ's and support shit say like "it is easy to find on our website" and whatever. LINKKKKK <3
<3 H2V
doomgaze
Nothing special
Subtract from doomgaze's ReputationAdd to doomgaze's Reputation doomgaze is a novice
Send a message via AIM to doomgaze Send a message via MSN to doomgaze Send a message via Yahoo to doomgaze
04-12-2009

Mine never died, so far, I've been pretty fortunate.
gt:
i doomgaze i
l Call Me JK l
Level 41
Subtract from l Call Me JK l's ReputationAdd to l Call Me JK l's Reputation l Call Me JK l is a novice
Send a message via AIM to l Call Me JK l Send a message via Skype™ to l Call Me JK l
04-13-2009

I never had a xbox die on me
13.3inch Macbook Pro 2010
2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8Gb DDR3 1066Mhz Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
90Gb SSD
24inch ASUS 1080P HD Gaming Monitor
22inch ACER 1080P HD Computer Monitor

Add FollowTheLead(JK loves H2) on XBC

hHoyt
Level 11
Subtract from hHoyt's ReputationAdd to hHoyt's Reputation hHoyt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to hHoyt Send a message via Skype™ to hHoyt
04-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrutal View Post
Well, I just got RRoD on my Elite. I never thought the day would come when it would happen to me x]

I completely lucked out though.
I bought my console on ebay, was not able to purchase a warranty for it, and had doubts as to whether the warranty sticker underneath the faceplate was even legit.
I called up xbox and immediately came clean and explained how I was totally at a loss, and I ended up getting EXTREMELY lucky with the agent I was speaking too. Long story short I will be receiving a box shortly (hopefully) to send them my xbox and have it repaired free of charge, and will be able to buy a warranty when it is returned to me =D

It's been two days, I don't have the box, and I'm already dying to get back on. My BR is gonna be rustyyyy when I get back on.

I did take a few pictures with my RRoD console for an album on facebook.
As long as you know I'm not being serious at all it's mildly humorous =]
I'll post the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1359728103
Any RRoD fix is free, even if you don't have a warranty because so many people got the RRoD.
Only immature 5 year olds talk sh.t and send gay preschool pics over the internet and Xbox Live.

Add for MLG Customs, I will usually join if I'm not in MLG already.
Crazycrl
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Crazycrl's ReputationAdd to Crazycrl's Reputation Crazycrl is a novice
04-24-2009

man i got the e74 error with one red flashing light...what a drag!
Shawnspawn
Level 11
Subtract from Shawnspawn's ReputationAdd to Shawnspawn's Reputation Shawnspawn is a novice
05-08-2009

i prefer not to void my warranty it only takes like a week and a half to go through the whole process this is my second time though its supposed to be back today
Shawnspawn
Level 11
Subtract from Shawnspawn's ReputationAdd to Shawnspawn's Reputation Shawnspawn is a novice
05-08-2009

but once my warranty is up in December im modding that thing i want to do some cool custom stuff