Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Runtxr54
Level 13
Subtract from Runtxr54's ReputationAdd to Runtxr54's Reputation Runtxr54 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Runtxr54 Send a message via Skype™ to Runtxr54
01-06-2015
Default Enter The Void

just wondering thoughts on the movie. i just watched it for the second time and actually watched it this time and would give it a solid 7-8 out of 10.
crucifix
wsup den
Subtract from crucifix's ReputationAdd to crucifix's Reputation crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

I know this forum likes this movie so I guess I'll say some words about it. It's probably the greatest movie that I would never recommend.

Not because of it's explicit content, but because it's so hard to describe. Now it's in no way near immaculate or anything. It just has so many different ideas thrown into it that it's actually difficult to pin point what is going on in some scenes. So a good majority of people would hate it. A good majority would also love it. Without proper context or perceptive appreciation for the director is trying to do, it can go completely over your head. Pun not intended.

I liked this movie. Not sure if I'll ever give it another watch. Does make me want to do DMT though.
reow
Spoiler!
Runtxr54
Level 13
Subtract from Runtxr54's ReputationAdd to Runtxr54's Reputation Runtxr54 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Runtxr54 Send a message via Skype™ to Runtxr54
01-06-2015

yeah i watched it twice the first time i just skimmed it the second i actually got caught up in the meanings of everything. The cinematography was amazing and so were the effects, and I'd never seen a movie like it before

But yeah i watched a doc on DMT right after. haha
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix View Post
It's probably the greatest movie that I would never recommend.

Not because of it's explicit content, but because it's so hard to describe. Now it's in no way near immaculate or anything. It just has so many different ideas thrown into it that it's actually difficult to pin point what is going on in some scenes. So a good majority of people would hate it. A good majority would also love it. Without proper context or perceptive appreciation for the director is trying to do, it can go completely over your head. Pun not intended.

I liked this movie. Not sure if I'll ever give it another watch. Does make me want to do DMT though.
holy shit this is the best description of this movie ever.

Regards,
Lat3ksi
Level 19
Subtract from Lat3ksi's ReputationAdd to Lat3ksi's Reputation Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000
01-06-2015

Yeah it's a good movie, IMO some scenes are too dragged out but absolutely stunning visually. Shares a lot of similarities with Kubrick's Space Odyssey. Solid film, would give it a 8/10. At least I can watch this multiple times, unlike Irreversible. God that movie gave me such bad mood, but I know I'll watch it again some day.

When I first watched Enter The Void like 5 years ago my roommate at the time got home when the intercourse scene was playing. He was like "Ooh! Sorry, maybe I should go..." I fucking died laughing.

For those who haven't seen the movie, even the intro sequence is rad:
Puba
Coffee & Cigarettes
Subtract from Puba's ReputationAdd to Puba's Reputation Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000 Puba IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Puba
01-06-2015

Love this movie. I recently bought it on blu-ray.

Art of the Title has a really interesting interview with the intro designer of the movie and all the thought that went into the title design. http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/enter-the-void/
vook
Level 12
Subtract from vook's ReputationAdd to vook's Reputation vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana vook taps Cortana
01-21-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
holy shit this is the best description of this movie ever.

Tried watching it with friends and they all got really turned off by the opening scene being so nuts, weird shaky cam shit.. basically all the stuff that makes the movie what it is. My first inclination was to be like "No, guys, it gets better," but I feel like if you aren't watching it in a particular mindset, it's easy to just dismiss it as being a failed experiment, or just too strange.