Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Empty
Tempus Fugit
Subtract from Empty's ReputationAdd to Empty's Reputation Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Empty Send a message via Skype™ to Empty
11-10-2014

Just got back from the theater. I enjoyed the film a lot. Don't have any issues with it. Will watch again.
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
11-16-2014

This has been the best film of the year for me so far, and in my opinion, Hans Zimmer's best work to date. I know that's a bold statement, but the emotion that he created with this score had me shivering.
own-dizzle
wus gud doee
Subtract from own-dizzle's ReputationAdd to own-dizzle's Reputation own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000
11-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv1ncible View Post
This has been the best film of the year for me so far, and in my opinion, Hans Zimmer's best work to date. I know that's a bold statement, but the emotion that he created with this score had me shivering.
It was a great score but it doesn't touch inception imo. I do love hans zimmer though. And John Williams.

My thoughts on the movie (major spoilers so yeah):
Spoiler!
Tobes
don't wanna meet ya daddy
Subtract from Tobes's ReputationAdd to Tobes's Reputation Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000
11-16-2014

Really loved this. Definitely not boring, at all.
Brightside
because the internet
Subtract from Brightside's ReputationAdd to Brightside's Reputation Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000
11-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv1ncible View Post
Did you read the article I posted earlier? It explains how Nolan got Zimmer to do this project with him. If you didn't (you should, its a good article), here is the Zimmer part.

Quote:
The composer Hans Zimmer was at work on his score for Man of Steel when Nolan approached him. “Chris said to me, in his casual way. ‘So, Hans, if I wrote one page of something, didn’t tell you what it was about, just give you one page, would you give me one day of work?’” Zimmer recalled. “‘Whatever you came up with on that one day would be fine.’ I said, ‘Of course, I’d love to.’ One day, an envelope arrived, almost handed to me by Chris. It was on quite thick paper, typewritten, which told me there was no carbon copy. This was truly the original.”

On the paper was a short story, no more than a precis, about a father who leaves his child to do an important job. It contained two lines of dialogue – “I’ll come back” “When?” – and quoted something Zimmer had said a year before, during a long conversation with Nolan and his wife at the Wolseley restaurant in London. It was snowing, central London had ground to a halt, and the three of them were more or less stranded. “There was no movie to be made, there was no movie to discuss, we were talking about our children,” said Zimmer, who has a 15-year-old son. “I said, ‘once your children are born, you can never look at yourself through your eyes any more, you always look at yourself through their eyes.”

He worked on the score for a day and then let Emma Thomas know he was done.

“I said, ‘Do you want me to send it over?’ She goes, ‘Oh, he’s curiously antsy, do you mind if he comes down?’ He got into the car and drove to my studio in Santa Monica and sat down on my couch. I made the usual excuses a composer makes when they play something to somebody for the first time. I played to him, not looking at him, I just stared straight ahead at my copy of the screen and then I turned around and he’s sitting there. I can tell he was moved by it. He said, ‘I suppose I’d better make the movie, now.’ I asked him, ‘Well, yes, but what is the movie?’ And he started describing this huge, epic tale of space and science and humanity, on this epic scale. I’m going, ‘Chris, hang on, I’ve just written this highly personal thing, you know?’ He goes, ‘Yes, but I now know where the heart of the movie is’. Everything about this movie was personal. That’s the other thing, the trick he pulled on me, when I see the movie, it’s a girl. But he wrote about a boy.”
Titanium
an attractive implication
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Titanium
12-09-2014

saw this last night. I thought it was amazing. the sounds of the movie really blew me away. I haven't ever been to the theater and thought a part of a movie was too loud, but when part of the endurance broke off because of Mann, that shit was really loud.

I can't wait to get this for blu ray

AIM: Eh titanium