Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Rhis
Gucci Bacchae
Subtract from Rhis's ReputationAdd to Rhis's Reputation Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000 Rhis IS OVER 9000
07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlSTR8 View Post

DO IT, FGT.
Just saw, I'll try to get the video up in a couple of days.

Regards,
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x rhis x View Post
Just saw, I'll try to get the video up in a couple of days.
I'll be holding you to that.
Rabbid Waffles
Level 24
Subtract from Rabbid Waffles's ReputationAdd to Rabbid Waffles's Reputation Rabbid Waffles is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Rabbid Waffles Send a message via MSN to Rabbid Waffles
07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Xwo View Post
I enjoyed it, but I didn't feel the need to re-watch it.

LBYL3 has much better re-watch value imo.
I liked the 2nd lbyl better, haha.
It felt like an underedited "All MLG" tage to me. By that i mean, i felt like i had seen things EXACTLY like this.
Which is why i don't think it should win.
But thats just a white mans opinion
Disclaimer: I do not condone or endorse any of the actions or ideas posted above.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Heathlovesemma

http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-3-vid...les-final.html
Running Reach customs? Need someone to play mlg with? Invite me
Gt: AkujinX
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-29-2010

Define underedited. Other than just slapping clips in a timeline
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
07-29-2010

^^
Woah, woah.
Not cool.

theBiPoLaR NiCk
Level 24
Subtract from theBiPoLaR NiCk's ReputationAdd to theBiPoLaR NiCk's Reputation theBiPoLaR NiCk is a novice
Send a message via AIM to theBiPoLaR NiCk Send a message via Yahoo to theBiPoLaR NiCk
07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by muRda View Post
BPNick: I know you got exactly what you wanted with how you made this tage, but I just couldn't stand it. The whole time watching I felt it was just a giant video eulogy for all the random BKs you've killed in social. I understand why and how you decided to go about doing this, but I honestly couldn't buy into it. The music sounded like it came out of some area-specific scene in a Final Fantasy game rather than a song of "epic" proportion. As I mentioned before in the intro thread, that stuff is reserved for a read me or w/e, and the explanation at the end of the video is completely unnecessary. Nobody wants to hear your explanation of why and how you made this montage after having watched it; that's up to the viewer to interpret. Again, I understand why you did what you did, but I just felt the song was crap and the presentation of the clips (along with the annoying glow) just didn't deliver on the level you had hoped.
Regarding the text at the beginning, that wasn't (part) of the intro, I put that in the beginning to people (mainly friends online and others) what direction I was coming from and how the montage wasn't about the gameplay, it was about the emotions, connections, and the great times I had. About 70% of the clips were social and customs, but there was actually some really great stuff in ranked (not a big ranked guy though) - always tried to do crazy stuff in social (bk) lol. The music was actually from the famous film HEAT and TRAFFIC - not FF (I can't stand that shit haha). I respect the critique and all but I just wanted to clarify those things with you. There was an overall reason for everything in there. Along with the dedication to my friend at the beginning who committed suicide right before I finished it.
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBiPoLaR NiCk View Post
Along with the dedication to my friend at the beginning who committed suicide right before I finished it.
i forget if i told you this, but my friend who watched the video thought you were going to committ after watching the outro. sorry about your friend btw.

Last edited by ManWithoutModem; 07-29-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
07-29-2010

I cannot believe some of the arguments in this thread lol
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
ImyourPhobia
Level 26
Subtract from ImyourPhobia's ReputationAdd to ImyourPhobia's Reputation ImyourPhobia is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ImyourPhobia
07-29-2010

How does the animatage have this many votes

Quote:
Anything with color can draw a pigeon's attention
-Rhis
Projects I've done that don't completely suck:
Sebsation
Atrophy 2
Red Bull Sniper
Level 28
Subtract from Red Bull Sniper's ReputationAdd to Red Bull Sniper's Reputation Red Bull Sniper is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Red Bull Sniper
07-29-2010

a halo 3 montage as a suicide note is probably the most disappointing thing a child can do to their parents