Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Archonize
Level 29
Archonize's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,563
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
#231
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbid Waffles View Post
The only person who is wrong is the one who calls a webpage a booth =3
But i agwee, its how the montage impacts the voter


I'm so just gonna film me blowing up a seagull in real life, and hopping on it corpse, and make it my intro for my next montage.
I'ma win this prize
If you did that... You'd probably go to jail but I would watch your video once you got out.


Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 909
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
#232
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbid Waffles View Post
The only person who is wrong is the one who calls a webpage a booth =3
But i agwee, its how the montage impacts the voter


I'm so just gonna film me blowing up a seagull in real life, and hopping on it corpse, and make it my intro for my next montage.
I'ma win this prize
That would be f..kin BRUTAL, but VERY entertaing lol. You would win with the way the votes look though.
xXSuperFlyXx
Level 12
xXSuperFlyXx's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 133
Subtract from xXSuperFlyXx's ReputationAdd to xXSuperFlyXx's Reputation xXSuperFlyXx is a novice
#233
07-28-2010
Default

Wait wait wait, how is LBYL3 winning? Shouldn't it be the least original video out of the competition, ya know seeing as how its the 3rd volume of its kind?

I know many people like the video which is probably the only reason they are voting for it; but come on its completly unoriginal, the title even says it! Seriously how did any of the judges not realize that mistake?

Looks like this is becoming just another popularity contest with even the judges at fault.
Smite
Origins 2015
Smite's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,714
Subtract from Smite's ReputationAdd to Smite's Reputation Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000 Smite IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Smite Send a message via MSN to Smite
#234
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
Wait wait wait, how is LBYL3 winning? Shouldn't it be the least original video out of the competition, ya know seeing as how its the 3rd volume of its kind?

I know many people like the video which is probably the only reason they are voting for it; but come on its completly unoriginal, the title even says it! Seriously how did any of the judges not realize that mistake?

Looks like this is becoming just another popularity contest with even the judges at fault.
Agreed...animatage shouldve won it.


iSkRiLLZ
Level 14
iSkRiLLZ's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 202
Subtract from iSkRiLLZ's ReputationAdd to iSkRiLLZ's Reputation iSkRiLLZ is a novice
#235
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVI Smite IVI View Post
Agreed...animatage shouldve won it.
I personally agree. But from reading through this thread I realized one basic truth. To the voters in this category, Originality comes in different forms. Some feel the entire animated concept should win it. While others see more originality in the GP of LBYL. Both are original but in totally different ways.
enfyte416
Level 43
enfyte416's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,232
Subtract from enfyte416's ReputationAdd to enfyte416's Reputation enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000 enfyte416 IS OVER 9000
#236
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
Wait wait wait, how is LBYL3 winning? Shouldn't it be the least original video out of the competition, ya know seeing as how its the 3rd volume of its kind?

I know many people like the video which is probably the only reason they are voting for it; but come on its completly unoriginal, the title even says it! Seriously how did any of the judges not realize that mistake?

Looks like this is becoming just another popularity contest with even the judges at fault.
Yes because Custom HUD's haven't been done before either. LBYL3 had original jumps that had never been seen before. Gameplay can count for originality.
HAble
Praying for tidal waves..
HAble's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 28,744
Subtract from HAble's ReputationAdd to HAble's Reputation HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to HAble
#237
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfyte416 View Post
Yes because Custom HUD's haven't been done before either. LBYL3 had original jumps that had never been seen before. Gameplay can count for originality.
I agree with you.

Custom HUDs are boring and dead. The custom HUDs in "The Animatage" weren't even original in their own way. The only things that really made me think "ha, that was clever" was the campfire and the "WARNING!" when he was low on shield. The gameplay wasn't original at all, and that played a big part in it for me.

LBYL had more original footage I thought, while The Animatage had more original editing. In the case of a HALO Video Competition, I will always base my opinions on Gameplay first. I've been playing these games since the beginning of montages, so my mind is just triggered this way. Gameplay is always more important to me than editing.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, LBYL = Most Original Gameplay

Animatage = Original Editing

LBYL wins.
Xyox is gay
CaptainCrunch
Level 13
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Subtract from CaptainCrunch's ReputationAdd to CaptainCrunch's Reputation CaptainCrunch is a novice
#238
07-28-2010
Default

The last three posts are win.
~CaptainCrunch41
pTw
Level 28
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,313
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
#239
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSuperFlyXx View Post
Wait wait wait, how is LBYL3 winning? Shouldn't it be the least original video out of the competition, ya know seeing as how its the 3rd volume of its kind?

I know many people like the video which is probably the only reason they are voting for it; but come on its completly unoriginal, the title even says it! Seriously how did any of the judges not realize that mistake?

Looks like this is becoming just another popularity contest with even the judges at fault.
I see where you're coming from when you say it's not as original because it's the 3rd jump video they have made. I think this was Blackbox's category to win...I don't think people realize how hard it is to make a themed video and execute it as well as Sor3 did.

I thought LBYL3 was right behind Blackbox because of the gameplay and the professional presentation. I was entertained throughout, the music was very original, the jumps were obviously very new, and it too had a very well executed theme something which is not seen often in halo.

My criteria for a good video is professionalism, style, and entertainment value. For the originality category I just put a greater emphasis on style.
theBiPoLaR NiCk
Level 24
theBiPoLaR NiCk's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 773
Subtract from theBiPoLaR NiCk's ReputationAdd to theBiPoLaR NiCk's Reputation theBiPoLaR NiCk is a novice
Send a message via AIM to theBiPoLaR NiCk Send a message via Yahoo to theBiPoLaR NiCk
#240
07-28-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Just wanted to let you know, I loved your video.

It was awesome.
Thanks a lot man. Your video made me jizzz myself many times.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off