Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 81 37.33%
".exe" - Edited by pTw 75 34.56%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 76 35.02%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 55 25.35%
"Phurion & Fluxy 2" - Edited by Phurion 56 25.81%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 127 58.53%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 89 41.01%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 78 35.94%
"3" - Chig, Ace & Ghoster 60 27.65%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 61 28.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTm wAynE View Post
this.

i went to a race this past weekend, and i just realized a similarity between this situation. the le mans series was in wisconsin, you know, fast cars racing on road tracks, good stuff. anyway, there was a class of cars that were all porsche 911 gt3c's. all the same cars, slightly modified with wing tuning and all that jazz. with a lot of road racing, there are the big name sponsors on cars, and the cars with little to no sponsors on them. all the cars with the flashy graphics and big name sponsors were associated with being good. so to come back to the relation, if the tage was under a different game play name, it would be thought of less. but the fact that "dutchy" was on it, it was instantly portrayed differently than if a lesser known player would be in it

idk

he hasnt had a gf in 4 years
Yea, people like his previous stuff so when he releases a new video people go into it thinking "this is gonna be good cuz it's dutchy and I like dutchy's stuff." So anything that you do is considered good by the average viewer. Kind of like if there is a person you know that you hate, everything they say will probably strike you as annoying and you'd probably never laugh at their jokes because of how you feel towards them whereas if your buddy made the joke, you'd more than likely laugh.

Correct Although I've only been going for something the last couple months
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

So sleep becomes addicting

Arctic Monkey
Level 11
Subtract from Arctic Monkey's ReputationAdd to Arctic Monkey's Reputation Arctic Monkey is a novice
08-24-2010

Why can not vote lolz?

XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
08-24-2010

need 50 posts
So sleep becomes routine

Tezima
Sweaty Kid
Subtract from Tezima's ReputationAdd to Tezima's Reputation Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000 Tezima IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Tezima Send a message via MSN to Tezima Send a message via Skype™ to Tezima
08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Monkey View Post
Why can not vote lolz?
Bahahaha Kennethlongneck fan
Sig = win
Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
08-24-2010

I find it funny that two of the most humble, talented, and just genuinely kind people on H3F, Dutchy and Exus, release an amazingly edited video with fantastic gameplay that somehow is getting all this shit thrown it's way. Dutch man, I would just quit arguing now. If they wanna play the fanboy card, let them. Any member with a brain is smart enough to realize that M2 is an easy contender for first place. Same shit happened with Apex vs. Dualtality, same shit's gonna happen now. If you win, you both deserve it, end of story.
Barak Drobama
Level 49
Subtract from Barak Drobama's ReputationAdd to Barak Drobama's Reputation Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000 Barak Drobama IS OVER 9000
08-24-2010

You all know you wish you were in Dutchy's/Exus's position, so quit bein such haters.

Last edited by Barak Drobama; 08-24-2010 at 03:50 PM.
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBurnThaEmosx View Post
You all know you wish you were in Dutchy's/Exus's position, so quit bein such haters.
I don't wish I was dutch
So sleep becomes routine

Quantum in HD
Level 12
Subtract from Quantum in HD's ReputationAdd to Quantum in HD's Reputation Quantum in HD is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Quantum in HD
08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuTchY View Post
I bet they had to put a sh.tload of effort into getting their name on there. Like Seraphic said, It's quite obvious I have a big fanbase after 40 videos, 10 gameplays, 25 threads, an active youtube channel etc. etc. Cry some more about it.

Edit: look guys, 116 votes. Feels good man.
then you can't say it would've gotten the same amount of attention without your name attached.

Edit: and yeah, i don't understand why that's a bad thing. every video in this competition was tainted by previous work.

Add: Fraaaaaaaank
if you're feelin to run some dubbbbssss

Last edited by Quantum in HD; 08-24-2010 at 04:21 PM.
KennethlongnecK
Goin' huge.
Subtract from KennethlongnecK's ReputationAdd to KennethlongnecK's Reputation KennethlongnecK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KennethlongnecK Send a message via MSN to KennethlongnecK
08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radic View Post
I find it funny that two of the most humble, talented, and just genuinely kind people on H3F, Dutchy and Exus, release an amazingly edited video with fantastic gameplay that somehow is getting all this sh.t thrown it's way. Dutch man, I would just quit arguing now. If they wanna play the fanboy card, let them. Any member with a brain is smart enough to realize that M2 is an easy contender for first place. Same sh.t happened with Apex vs. Dualtality, same sh.t's gonna happen now. If you win, you both deserve it, end of story.
I think that Dutchy has proven in this thread and probably many others of late, that he is not humble.

It's really pathetic that the comp has turned to this pointless arguing about who has more real life friends and the usual crap, the only way to rule out any 'fanboy' votes would have been to assign each video with pseudonyms - but that was never going to happen.

For the record, thanks to everyone who voted for R3, I didnt really expect to it make the final 10 to be honest so thats great.

AIM: Kennethlongneck
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHiNey View Post
Yeah renzo i forgot when i couldn't have an opinion great post doucher(and i also said nothing offensive to dutchy whatsoeveridiot).
whine (hwn, wn)
v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v.intr.
1. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

Some names are so appropriate. And Renzo thinks your a moron as well, if you didn't catch the hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanNy View Post
people just think you don't deserve it because of how many fanboys you have that only will vote for you to win.
Agreed. Those people, namely you, are idiots. Again, I'm getting the feeling that you aren't even reading my posts, but instead just looking at my name and assuming its some sort of attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanNy View Post
IMO its just i don't think you should be blowing this comp out of the water. Your vid FA,R3,Black Box,LBYL, and Contractus should all be very close its just my opinion. Id be glad to see any of those win.
Cool opinion bro. Several others disagree, that doesn't make them fanboys.

If you'd like to construct an intelligent argument and respond with some sort of evidence that fanboyism is influencing the voting I'd love to hear it. If you're just going to drone on about how much of a d.ck I am and how misunderstood you feel I wouldn't even bother replying. You'd only further embarrass yourself if thats possible.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket