Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackieIX View Post
I thought animatage would be crap. I really, really enjoyed it. And it was original.
When you think of the Animatage what is the first word you would use to describe it?(not trash or some BS if you didn't like it)

Then what's your word for LBYL3?

Original

then

Creative
PackieIX
Empathy Overload
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
07-27-2010

first word for LBYL 3 would be awesome. That's pretty much all I think. If there was an "all-round awesome award' I think LBYL 3 would be a shoe-in. And it was original in the jumps. I'm just saying, personally, I think Animatage was more creative. Not saying your opinion is invalid, just trying to get mine out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCeSHoT View Post
When you think of the Animatage what is the first word you would use to describe it?(not trash or some BS if you didn't like it)

Then what's your word for LBYL3?

Original

then

Creative
Those are direct synonyms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xOVERKiLLx117x View Post
that's 100% my point
I think you missed the part where he said he really enjoyed it.
NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Those are direct synonyms.

I think you missed the part where he said he really enjoyed it.
Sorry I graduated a long time ago, my knowledge of the english language has faded.
theBiPoLaR NiCk
Level 24
Subtract from theBiPoLaR NiCk's ReputationAdd to theBiPoLaR NiCk's Reputation theBiPoLaR NiCk is a novice
Send a message via AIM to theBiPoLaR NiCk Send a message via Yahoo to theBiPoLaR NiCk
07-27-2010

"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick - Very original and new done before when it comes to the graphics and making everything cartoony. They executed it every well and I loved how great it looked, took a lot of time to do that for each clip. Along with the dominos song and the fun editing with the graphics made it enjoyable to watch and had a fun cartoony feel to it. Made me feel young again - they used the graphics to represent fun and playtime and not go for the whole serious matter of halo - I loved that.

BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage"(not voting for myself)

"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 The theme behind this montage I loved and thought it was very creative and unique. They created a saying to use when someone just gets owned. I liked the smooth editing/transitions that went into to play and the text flying by was awesome - created the feel to me. I didn't like the music that much and that style is overused too much. Some of the upside down angles just go too repetitive and the whole "black box theme" midway through the montage just got annoying, I wanted to see more gameplay - but that has nothing to do with the orginalness of it - originally this is was very creative and extremely enjoyable and unique in its own way.

"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson - This montage was truly epic and original in its own class. Apart from the intro - the music and effects were perfect, but they were used in a unique way that didn't overdo the montage visually but allowed it to create an amazing video with the original effects used including (time sequence on the pit of spartan turning to skeleton) - the explosions used during rockets and grenades were great, the blood splattering on multiple points on that map was awesome - on fence and walls. The transitions from map to map were not normal - from the narrows sky to guardian was very creative - have not seen that done yet. I loved how they incorporated the signatures on the wall in the pit and the ending sequence with the bomb. there was ALOT of creative techniques used in this montage which made it stick out apart from most MLG montages.

"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay - This is original as it gets in my opinion. 99% of halo original ness comes from the editing and the theme built inside from the editing. Now TRICK JUMPING MONTAGES have been around since H2 (as far as I know) and every has seen them weather they are GOOD or BAD. But this was astonishing because these jumps are just incredible and 100% original and though tout. I can't imagine how much time it took to pull that stuff off. PLUS the EDITING in it is perfect, there is not annoying music or shit editing going on, its smooth and beautiful. the CREATIVITY in this montage shines and blows the viewer away. The originality of this montage make me understand just how awesome halo is, for the amount of things you can pull of and the creative activities you can do in it. This montage is the visual version of fun for halo 3. EPIC!

"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat - This montage's originality was kind of all over the place. The effects were awesome and the creative editing that created the flow was perfect. The music at some parts drove me away and kinda fell into the typical montage for a bit but the last half was unique and the energy was pretty awesome. The explosions and effects used were pretty nice, including the mohawk entrance. That was great. The wolfenstein game remake was CLASSIC and COMPLETELY ORIGINAL. Very nice and the editing pulled off to do that was great. It was original, but not sort of fell into the pot of other montages to compare to with me.

"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark - This was short and sweet and the originality was there 100%. This felt like a montage within a montage. The effects and the STYLE this video created in the first 30 seconds was just awesome. ALOT of energy going on and a lot of enjoyment coming out of it. Apart from the gameplay, this video was pretty sweet but it was too short. There wasn't enough time in my opinion to create enough original flow to set in. It just started and stopped. BUT thats not a bad thing, its just hard to judge when you have 6 other entries that are triple the length. So it comes down to - is this video original enough in that short amount of time to win. The twixtor used was smooth and the flow was perfect, but not enough was shown here for the originality to show all the way here.

This is a tough decision, ALL of these entries was amazing. I'm still thinking about this.

The videos are all original, to me its about how WELL they visually show it to the audience.

I'm leaning toward Animatage and Look Before You Leap 3.
Red Bull Sniper
Level 28
Subtract from Red Bull Sniper's ReputationAdd to Red Bull Sniper's Reputation Red Bull Sniper is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Red Bull Sniper
07-27-2010

its between bipolar nick, the animatage, and black box for me.

cant decide... gona go play sc2
crucifix
wsup den
Subtract from crucifix's ReputationAdd to crucifix's Reputation crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull Sniper View Post
its between bipolar nick, the animatage, and black box for me.

cant decide... gonna go play sc2 mothaf.ckas YEAH YOU WISH YOU HAD THIS PANCAKE MIX
whoa calm down.
reow
Spoiler!
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBiPoLaR NiCk View Post
99% of halo original ness comes from the editing and the theme built inside from the editing
This

Quote:
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark - This was short and sweet and the originality was there 100%. This felt like a montage within a montage. The effects and the STYLE this video created in the first 30 seconds was just awesome. ALOT of energy going on and a lot of enjoyment coming out of it. Apart from the gameplay, this video was pretty sweet but it was too short. There wasn't enough time in my opinion to create enough original flow to set in. It just started and stopped. BUT thats not a bad thing, its just hard to judge when you have 6 other entries that are triple the length. So it comes down to - is this video original enough in that short amount of time to win. The twixtor used was smooth and the flow was perfect, but not enough was shown here for the originality to show all the way here.
And this.
S a L a Y a

Strafee
Level 12
Subtract from Strafee's ReputationAdd to Strafee's Reputation Strafee is a novice
07-27-2010

Although I do think LBYL3 and the Animatage are very original, a lot of people are looking past Veni Vidi Vici and Question Reality.
Et3rnix
Level 12
Subtract from Et3rnix's ReputationAdd to Et3rnix's Reputation Et3rnix is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Et3rnix Send a message via Skype™ to Et3rnix
07-27-2010

Animatage gets my vote. Followed closely by Veni Vidi Vici. Just the concept of a complete custom HUD is enough to get most original.

Edits unlike no Others