Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
CraftierPantz
Level 29
Subtract from CraftierPantz's ReputationAdd to CraftierPantz's Reputation CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame CraftierPantz is on the rise to fame
01-22-2006

i believe in saving sex until im married, yes i am a virgin, yes i take pride in that, could i have done it in the past and not be a virgin? yah, but i want to be one, so i didnt even bother. i think its going to be great when i get married, and im content with waiting, though it can be hard with many temptations

Irish Shadow
Level 11
Subtract from Irish Shadow's ReputationAdd to Irish Shadow's Reputation Irish Shadow is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Irish Shadow
01-22-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthjamaul
Are you a virgin by choice, or are you a virgin because no one has thrown the pussy at you yet?
Of choice, not that it's your business. I never said I would wait until marriage, just that I still have the opportunity to if I choose to.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
01-22-2006

I think this argument pretty much boils down to the same old debate. Not whether God exists or not, but which religion is right, etc.

Can any of us seriously say that they've had a phone conversation with God, in which God told them not to have sex before marriage? Or told them ANY of Christianity's seemingly pointless laws?

Choosing to believe in a particular sect of religion is complete guesswork. Unless you were brought up to believe that God hates premarital sex, I see absolutely no reason why you would possibly think that that's God's line of thought. (This is also why I laugh at people who try to convert religions)

If you take a man who has never heard of religion, tell him that God exists and show him some kind of proof, and then lock him in a room for a week to think about it, do you really think that man is going to come out of the room with the notion that God doesn't want you to have sex before marriage? If he does, he's making a complete shot in the dark, probably resulting from his own experiences.

Elmo <3
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
01-22-2006

Well If you are a Christian, God will personally talk to you through prayer. It's hard to explain how he communicates. but everytime he speaks to me it's always supernatural.

Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
01-22-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by [{FF}]LoSeR
Well If you are a Christian, God will personally talk to you through prayer. It's hard to explain how he communicates. but everytime he speaks to me it's always supernatural.
I've heard that Muslims have the same experieces.

Elmo <3
QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
02-13-2006

it is bad and a sin i believe. just think about all of the consequences it could have.
PoLLisH Hammer
Level 28
Subtract from PoLLisH Hammer's ReputationAdd to PoLLisH Hammer's Reputation PoLLisH Hammer is a novice
02-13-2006
Default religion was....

Religion was formed because people back then had no scientific explanation for anything happening around them. Now religion is just used to get votes fo the president. HAHAHAH Uckfay Ushbay!!!!!!!

Send A F/R to PoLLisH Hammer or x ShadowPlay x if you want to play anything.
the educat0r
Level 22
Subtract from the educat0r's ReputationAdd to the educat0r's Reputation the educat0r is a novice
Send a message via AIM to the educat0r
02-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
I'm trying to show that saying premarital sex is bad doesn't make sense, even within Christianity. You can't justify that belief outside of religious beliefs, and the only way you can justify it within religion is by saying, "Well, God must have a reason for it, it's just something we can't understand because he's a higher being than us." Most Christians (at least the ones I know) believe that it makes sense that premarital sex is bad, and I'd like to change that.
Thats because religion is against that, and if you don't have a religion you most likely don't think that it is bad. You either have a religion or you don't.
And if you are looking for an answer outside of religion you won't find one because outside of religion people don't think that it is bad.
the educat0r
Level 22
Subtract from the educat0r's ReputationAdd to the educat0r's Reputation the educat0r is a novice
Send a message via AIM to the educat0r
02-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC
thats why man invented condoms son
Think about this. my friend learned this in chemistry. Ballons are made of latex, and eventually the helium in the ballon leaks out. Do you know what else is made of latex? condoms. Some STD's are smaller than helium and if helium can et out of latex so could the STD's.
Newgy
Level 41
Subtract from Newgy's ReputationAdd to Newgy's Reputation Newgy is a novice
02-19-2006

Yep, that is true. The cells are smaller than the whole inbetween the fibers of the laytex. That is why on the condom box, if you look, it says that it is an addition to help prevent pregnancy, but does not assist lessening the risk of an STD.

I do not know what I believe. From a relgious stand-point, I can see where they say that saving yourself is the right way. But not going to heaven because of it? I thought that going to heaven had to do with whether or not you believed, not whether or not you fucked too early.

I think that as long as it is done responsibly and carefully, that is is fine. My opinion is this: If you have to be afraid of getting caught, then it is wrong. Because if you think about it, although it would feel cool doing it in rebellion, if it wasn't in rebellion, you would be able to enjoy it more.

Because doing it rebellion and risking getting caught can be terrifying, especially when you do get caught. And trust me, I know from experience for the past 6-9 months

S t o p . T h i n k . P o s t .