Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
zZ PHOBIA zZ
Level 12
Subtract from zZ PHOBIA zZ's ReputationAdd to zZ PHOBIA zZ's Reputation zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom zZ PHOBIA zZ wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
11-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
I think the verdict is bullshit. I think the rioting and looting is obviously not a good reaction, but I feel like those people are just too emotional to do anything rational right now.
I feel like that's always been a cop-out response for anyone that wants to steal sh*t and destroy private property.

Mayhem // Astiun Media
@JordanAYPK

The very first montage I have ever seen

BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
stormy
Level 38
Subtract from stormy's ReputationAdd to stormy's Reputation stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided stormy is bustin' chills and getting paided
11-25-2014

Was bound to happen eventually. The impunity of police officers has to be challenged and Ferguson decided it was time to try and bring some real attention to this problem.
beercan
never tasted so salty
Subtract from beercan's ReputationAdd to beercan's Reputation beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000 beercan IS OVER 9000
11-25-2014

Good links Davo.

Quote:
Q:Why do police have military-grade equipment in the first place?

Mother Jones reported: "The Department of Defense has given $5.1 billion worth of equipment to state and local police departments since 1997, with even rural counties acquiring things like grenade launchers and armored personnel carriers. But Homeland Security has handed out grants worth eight times as much $41 billion since 2002. The money is earmarked for counterterrorism, but DHS specifies that once acquired, the equipment can be used for any other law-enforcement purpose, from shutting down protests to serving warrants and executing home searches."
Fuck me.

Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
11-25-2014

Davo that picture posted comparing blacks/whites riots is pretty irrelevant. Regardless of race, people think the acts of destruction are stupid. Sure a couple frat boys might think its sick to flip and burn a car, but outside of that, no one is like "fuck yea man thats awesome". The difference of last night isn't even comparable to a "booze filled revelers". Cops were being shot, a great number or stores and businesses were destroyed more so than "mischief", people were injured more so than "mischief".

I bet you wish you were a Black Palestinian woman so you could root for yourself in every situation.
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
11-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ PHOBIA zZ View Post
I feel like that's always been a cop-out response for anyone that wants to steal sh*t and destroy private property.
"ARGRGGRAGAGRGAGRG I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!11!!11!!!1 MUST LET OUT ALL THIS ANGER BY STEALING THAT BRAND NEW 4K TELEVISION MY LOCAL ELECTRONICS STORE JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!1!!!!!1"
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
11-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
Davo that picture posted comparing blacks/whites riots is pretty irrelevant. Regardless of race, people think the acts of destruction are stupid. Sure a couple frat boys might think its sick to flip and burn a car, but outside of that, no one is like "fuck yea man thats awesome". The difference of last night isn't even comparable to a "booze filled revelers". Cops were being shot, a great number or stores and businesses were destroyed more so than "mischief", people were injured more so than "mischief".

I bet you wish you were a Black Palestinian woman so you could root for yourself in every situation.
I'm going to try not to be too condescending, because it's not really your fault you're so ignorant and full of shit here. First off, if you really don't see how the way the media reports a thing both reflects and shapes how people view it, I don't know what to tell you.

Riots are sometimes pretty effective mechanisms for bringing about social change. The Stonewall riot comes to mind. Or the riots of 1963 which helped bring about the 1964 Voting Rights Act. Or the Redeemers of the post-Civil War former Confederate states, who basically reduced black people back to near-slavery by rioting and killing people until they got their way.

ON THE OTHER HAND, sometimes they just provide a justification for more police killing black people, i.e., 1968 riots.

ON THE OTHER OTHER HAND, in these violent times in Ferguson, you're right, it's important to look at the example MLK set. His quiet dignity. His restraint. How he was able to show compassion even under duress. How he got shot in the fucking face anyway.
Spoiler!

Last edited by davobrosia; 11-25-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
11-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
I'm going to try not to be too condescending, because it's not really your fault you're so ignorant and full of shit here. First off, if you really don't the way the media reports a thing both reflects and shapes how people view it, I don't know what to tell you.

Riots are sometimes pretty effective mechanisms for bringing about social change. The Stonewall riot comes to mind. Or the riots of 1963 which helped bring about the 1964 Voting Rights Act. Or the Redeemers of the post-Civil War former Confederate states, who basically reduced black people back to near-slavery by rioting and killing people until they got their way.

ON THE OTHER HAND, sometimes they just provide a justification for more police killing black people, i.e., 1968 riots.

ON THE OTHER OTHER HAND, in these violent times in Ferguson, you're right, it's important to look at the example MLK set. His quiet dignity. His restraint. How he was able to show compassion even under duress. How he got shot in the fucking face anyway.
No I totally understand the justification of a riot, just not to this magnitude.
Dante
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Dante's ReputationAdd to Dante's Reputation Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000
11-25-2014

My dad is hilarious, he thinks Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are behind it all and profiting somehow.
TIFE LIFE
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
11-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
No I totally understand the justification of a riot, just not to this magnitude.
Oh, so as long as the crowd of justifiably angry people with no outlet for their anger riots in a peaceful and productive manner, you're okay with it.

Have you written their leader to let them know how simple it is?
Spoiler!