Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
CuSToM ReCoN
tool on deck
Subtract from CuSToM ReCoN's ReputationAdd to CuSToM ReCoN's Reputation CuSToM ReCoN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to CuSToM ReCoN
08-09-2009

Everything was just always here

NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSToM ReCoN View Post
Everything was just always here
My mate told me to say: "Pics or it didn't happen".
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
DARK4NGEL
Level 33
Subtract from DARK4NGEL's ReputationAdd to DARK4NGEL's Reputation DARK4NGEL is a novice
Send a message via AIM to DARK4NGEL Send a message via MSN to DARK4NGEL
08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKLiMA View Post
Harry Potter
Wow, I read this while whatching a marathon session of it

My theory is chickens.
My Youtube Channel :)

Super Sad Face =(

denidzoja
Level 20
Subtract from denidzoja's ReputationAdd to denidzoja's Reputation denidzoja is a novice
08-09-2009

god made everything. including himself?
DARK4NGEL
Level 33
Subtract from DARK4NGEL's ReputationAdd to DARK4NGEL's Reputation DARK4NGEL is a novice
Send a message via AIM to DARK4NGEL Send a message via MSN to DARK4NGEL
08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidzoja View Post
god made everything. including himself?
no it was chickens.
My Youtube Channel :)

Super Sad Face =(

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
I like White Holes.
I like Latina holes, personally.

Anyway, the best way to describe the mechanism by which quantum mechanics (and incidentally, other more far reaching theories derived this exact same thing mathematically) indicates the universe formed is to say that something analogous to quantum foam existed 'before' the universe existed. Never mind that in this example you can't go before zero time, it's just an analogy.

Anyway, when you work with this quantum foam stuff and start using the equations associated with quantum mechanics, you get that according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, there is a certain probability that 10^85 or 10^88 grams of matter (if I recall, it's about that) can come to exist out of nothing.

What exactly that 'nothing' is, is very important. In the universe, energy must be conserved. If it's not, than the energy had to come from outside the system/universe. As of now, it certainly appears that the net energy of the universe is zero. That's what the observational and experimental data indicate. Back to what that 'nothing' is. In my year of physical chemistry, more importantly, the end of the section on quantum mechanics, we talked about the spontaneous existence (creation, if the word suites you more) of particles, out of nothing.

In a perfect vacuum, take the distance between the nucleus of an atom and the electrons in the closest cloud (1s) particles of all shapes and types can appear. But, how? A particle has mass, and some have charge. That's a tremendous amount of energy created from nothing! ZOMG the laws of conservation have been violated!!! Well, not exactly. An equal amount of negative energy is also created when these particles are created. The net energy of what happened is zero. The net energy can take the effect of vacuum energy. In that case, the particle is torn apart before it can exist for any amount of time. In other cases, the gravity of the neighboring atoms can tear apart the new particle. Micro black holes, if they exist, form spontaneously and are torn apart in this very way. I'm sure if you watch enough about the LHC you'll hear that mentioned often enough.

Remember what I said about there being a probability of 10^85ish grams being formed out of nothing? In the absence of time, which is what a pre-big bang universe might have looked like, that probability is 1.

That's the quantum mechanical model as far as I know it. The M-theory model is something I don't understand well, but I've heard it relies on almost all the same principles, except for one or two minor details. The math, which was derived independently, is basically the same.

MA's white holes aren't a bad idea. We do see evidence of something like this happening, I think. I've had no formal education where something like that's come up though, so I'm really just talking out of my ass. I'm sure there's an easy to read journal out there, but I don't have the time to go looking for it.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-11-2009

White holes are the closest thing I have seen to a plausible explanation with at least a shred of evidence backing it up. But I haven't spent that much time looking into this.

Everybody loves white holes though, so lets roll with it.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
WicKeD ASSaSiN
The Dude Abides
Subtract from WicKeD ASSaSiN's ReputationAdd to WicKeD ASSaSiN's Reputation WicKeD ASSaSiN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WicKeD ASSaSiN
08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Everybody loves white holes though, so lets roll with it.
*rolls with white holes

Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuFf1n View Post
Who created God then?/
Fouled logic, leads to infinite regression.

PS - I don't like white holes.
LiMiiTz
Level 11
Subtract from LiMiiTz's ReputationAdd to LiMiiTz's Reputation LiMiiTz is a novice
08-13-2009

taco bell.
LIFE IS A THING THAT HAPPEND TO ME ON THE WAY TO THE GRAVE
CaLL Me LiMiiTz