Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
T for ToXiC
Level 31
Subtract from T for ToXiC's ReputationAdd to T for ToXiC's Reputation T for ToXiC is a novice
Send a message via AIM to T for ToXiC
04-29-2009

If life forms out there have the technology to reach our planet, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be interested in our life form that can't even get along with itself. We're as advanced as amoebas to them if they exist.
If the moon was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it?

PackieIX
Empathy Overload
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
04-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Certainly not an idiot. I had you all wrong!
lol, best post.
Quote:

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1

Muffin Mouth
<3
Subtract from Muffin Mouth's ReputationAdd to Muffin Mouth's Reputation Muffin Mouth is on the rise to fame Muffin Mouth is on the rise to fame
04-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
How do we "know" that there are no other civilizations in our solar system?

And why would you assume that they would travel at the speed of sound?
I guess I assumed there was no civilizations. I don't really know much about the topic, but I like to have a word here and there.

And I assumed they would be traveling at the speed of sound only because, I thought, that to travel at the speed of light you needed and infinite amount of fuel. I guess I assumed that they wouldn't have an infinite amount of fuel. I guess i assumed wrong. My bad.

Quote:
Certainly not an idiot. I had you all wrong!
It is one thing to get into a debate. It is another to make fun of someone for not knowing fucking everything. Usually in these situations, the person who starts it is only doing it to raise their self esteem. That would make sense considering you know everything and I know nothing. The least you could do is actually do what Prowl did. I have respect for him. Not you. Not like you give two shits, but it says something about your character. And if you are like this around everyone, then I am deeply sorry. So please, quit being a hot shot. Your e-penis can only grow so big.

davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
04-30-2009

There's no helping someone who, in a thread about extraterrestrials, operates on the idea that the speed of sound is some milestone in space travel between light and which there is not a few hundred thousand miles per second. When you manage to debate at an acceptable level, I'll stop pointing out that you're a goddamn idiot.
I'll be sure to investigate your hypothesis that internet persona somehow equates to offline persona. As to the notion that strangers deserve respect even after obliterating any benefit of doubt, I'm already decided. Eventually you'll get tired of being zealously called an idiot (by several people who aren't, mind you) and having it demonstrated to you, and you'll either stop being one or stop posting. Either way, hot shot, the stupid disappears.

Quote:
I don't really know much about the topic, but I like to have a word here and there.
That right there sums up the problem. If you know you're ignorant, shut up and read more.
Spoiler!

Last edited by davobrosia; 04-30-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Muffin Mouth
<3
Subtract from Muffin Mouth's ReputationAdd to Muffin Mouth's Reputation Muffin Mouth is on the rise to fame Muffin Mouth is on the rise to fame
04-30-2009

Quote:
There's no helping someone who, in a thread about extraterrestrials, operates on the idea that the speed of sound is some milestone in space travel between light and which there is not a few hundred thousand miles per second. When you manage to debate at an acceptable level, I'll stop pointing out that you're a goddamn idiot.
I'll be sure to investigate your hypothesis that internet persona somehow equates to offline persona. As to the notion that strangers deserve respect even after obliterating any benefit of doubt, I'm already decided. Eventually you'll get tired of being zealously called an idiot (by several people who aren't, mind you) and having it demonstrated to you, and you'll either stop being one or stop posting. Either way, hot shot, the stupid disappears.

That right there sums up the problem. If you know you're ignorant, shut up and read more.
I disagree with that. I believe that there is helping someone. If you actually talk to me about what I said, and prove me wrong, I will have gained new knowledge. I'm not going to go read up on random subjects just to know more. That's now how I work, I guess. I don't just get home from school and say hey, I think I'm going to go read about space and time.

And how would I be the hot shot? I know I don't know much about the topic. I know you know that. I know that, well, I don't give a f..k. I guess you just have a low tolerance level for someone not on your level of intelligence. I guess I understand. But see, we can both just choose to not post. However, we both do. So, yeah. Idk. I will never get tired of you. I get a decent laugh out of it.

Edit: For the perfect example, go to the workout thread. Their, I helped Shunt out pretty well. He knew almost nothing about weight lifting and what the lifestyle requires. So what did I do? I gave him a hand. I shared my knowledge. I helped him out. He knows I know more than him. But did I go at him guns a blazin? No. Did I act like a cocky asshole? No, I didn't.

Last edited by Muffin Mouth; 04-30-2009 at 06:56 PM.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
04-30-2009

Spoiler!
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
04-30-2009

Shades down, lights on. Shirt off, hat on.
PackieIX
Empathy Overload
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
05-01-2009

wait, guys, imagine how long it would take if they went at the speed of turtle.

EDIT - sorry, i actually just read what muffin mouth said. lolz.
Quote:

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1

Last edited by PackieIX; 05-01-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
05-01-2009

I have little to no problem at all accepting the idea that there is life elsewhere in this gigantically vast universe, other than planet earth. However, that does not mean I believe in 'aliens' as Hollywood and our media portrays them.
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
05-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin mouth View Post
And I assumed they would be traveling at the speed of sound only because, I thought, that to travel at the speed of light you needed and infinite amount of fuel. I guess I assumed that they wouldn't have an infinite amount of fuel. I guess i assumed wrong. My bad.
Well, the speed of sound is only ~770mph (the maximum speed for our shuttles are 19,000mph) and the distance to Mars is ~60000000km. So it would take about 5.542 years just to get from Earth to Mars at the speed of sound. It would also take over 54 years to get from here to Jupiter at the same speed. That's why traveling at the speed of sound is very improbable.

Last edited by Prowl; 05-01-2009 at 05:09 AM.