Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
II AuRoN II
Sup bro?
Subtract from II AuRoN II's ReputationAdd to II AuRoN II's Reputation II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to II AuRoN II Send a message via MSN to II AuRoN II Send a message via Yahoo to II AuRoN II
04-21-2009
Default Aliens

Quote:
(April 21) -- Earth Day may fall later this week, but as far as former NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell and other UFO enthusiasts are concerned, the real story is happening elsewhere.
Mitchell, who was part of the 1971 Apollo 14 moon mission, asserted Monday that extraterrestrial life exists, and that the truth is being concealed by the United States and other governments.

He delivered his remarks during an appearance at the National Press Club following the conclusion of the fifth annual X-Conference, a meeting of UFO activists and researchers studying the possibility of alien life forms.
Mankind has long wondered if we're "alone in the universe. [But] only in our period do we really have evidence. No, we're not alone," Mitchell said.
"Our destiny, in my opinion, and we might as well get started with it, is [to] become a part of the planetary community. ... We should be ready to reach out beyond our planet and beyond our solar system to find out what is really going on out there."

Mitchell grew up in Roswell, New Mexico, which some UFO believers maintain was the site of a UFO crash in 1947. He said residents of his hometown "had been hushed and told not to talk about their experience by military authorities." They had been warned of "dire consequences" if they did so.
But, he claimed, they "didn't want to go to the grave with their story. They wanted to tell somebody reliable. And being a local boy and having been to the moon, they considered me reliable enough to whisper in my ear their particular story."
Roughly 10 years ago, Mitchell claimed, he was finally given an appointment at Pentagon to discuss what he had been told.
An unnamed admiral working for the Joint Chiefs of Staff promised to uncover the truth behind the Roswell story, Mitchell said. The stories of a UFO crash "were confirmed," but the admiral was then denied access when he "tried to get into the inner workings of that process."
The same admiral, Mitchell claimed, now denies the story.

"I urge those who are doubtful: Read the books, read the lore, start to understand what has really been going on. Because there really is no doubt we are being visited," he said.
"The universe that we live in is much more wondrous, exciting, complex and far-reaching than we were ever able to know up to this point in time."

http://news.aol.com/article/astronau...earth%2F437766
Saw it on my aimpage thing and decided to read.
Discuss
GT -II AuRoN II
Black Lotus Is my hero

Nasty
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Nasty's ReputationAdd to Nasty's Reputation Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield
04-21-2009

I believe in other lifeforms, but I don't believe in this shit. Was no UFO crash in 1947. And the government isn't covering anything.
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
04-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
And the government isn't covering anything.
yeah, because they would never do that : /

in the assumed infinitude of space there has to be other life
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
CuSToM ReCoN
tool on deck
Subtract from CuSToM ReCoN's ReputationAdd to CuSToM ReCoN's Reputation CuSToM ReCoN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to CuSToM ReCoN
04-21-2009

I have proof. But I will not tell.

Nasty
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Nasty's ReputationAdd to Nasty's Reputation Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield Nasty finally popped his Bubble Shield
04-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mike View Post
yeah, because they would never do that : /

in the assumed infinitude of space there has to be other life
Not that they wouldn't do it, it's just there is no reason for them to do it. Why hide something like this? It's not that big of a deal.
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
04-21-2009

yeah, gaining the knowledge that extra terrestrials exist and obtaining their technology is no big deal
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
II AuRoN II
Sup bro?
Subtract from II AuRoN II's ReputationAdd to II AuRoN II's Reputation II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield II AuRoN II finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to II AuRoN II Send a message via MSN to II AuRoN II Send a message via Yahoo to II AuRoN II
04-21-2009

I don't know what to believe. Never seen anything like that on aol tho
GT -II AuRoN II
Black Lotus Is my hero

Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
04-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mike View Post
yeah, gaining the knowledge that extra terrestrials exist and obtaining their technology is no big deal
You watch too many movies.

Anyway, it's extremely improbable that aliens have visted us, or that we'll ever visit aliens. Think about it, Earth is one in however many millions of billions of planets out there. Plus, as far as we know, light is the fastest speed in the universe and some even suggest that surpassing light is flat out impossible. Since light is the fasted speed in the universe, it's very improbable that we will find aliens outside our solar system because the nearest star is over 4 light years away.

Even if aliens figured out how to warp through space and time, they would still have to locate our planet out of the 100 billions of planets in our galaxy out of the ~100 billion other galaxies.

Last edited by Prowl; 04-21-2009 at 02:34 PM.
General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
04-21-2009

Why the hell would UFOs come to visit earth anyway?

With our technology we already have the capability to see and study things from incredible distances, why would an incredibly advanced race of beings need to specifically come down to our planet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
BAMiTzHulsey
Level 13
Subtract from BAMiTzHulsey's ReputationAdd to BAMiTzHulsey's Reputation BAMiTzHulsey is a novice
04-21-2009

Something out there somewhere is having this exact conversation right now.
Shauny.