Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
Brooney
Moderator [Ask for help]
Subtract from Brooney's ReputationAdd to Brooney's Reputation Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000
04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Get a pull up bar.
doorframes are probably too narrow for the pullup bars, my last it wouldn't fit in my old room, these doors are from the 20s.

THF social media channels run non stop,
click and take a look around.

Last edited by Brooney; one fucking second ago at 03:13AM.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
04-21-2014

iron gym pullup bar should fit in most any door frame?
Spoiler!
Brooney
Moderator [Ask for help]
Subtract from Brooney's ReputationAdd to Brooney's Reputation Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000 Brooney IS OVER 9000
04-21-2014

Quote:
iron gym pullup bar should fit in most any door frame?
Looking into it right now

THF social media channels run non stop,
click and take a look around.

Last edited by Brooney; one fucking second ago at 03:13AM.
iObelisk
Level 29
Subtract from iObelisk's ReputationAdd to iObelisk's Reputation iObelisk is legendary iObelisk is legendary iObelisk is legendary
Send a message via AIM to iObelisk
04-21-2014

Usually I don't get upset when I hear people giving BS fitness/nutrition advice, but today my jimmies were russled. Ill post cliffs for time's sake.

Cliffs:

(For those of you who dont know, I have a power rack at home and just do barbell lifts 3x a week.)
-I get guest pass To LA Fitness to go with friend
-Workout went well, had fun, hit PRs
-Gym Owner pulls me aside as im leaving to try to get me to sign up
-He says there's a "Special going on for this day only" (lulz)
-He says its 0 enrolment 35 bucks a month
-I try to be polite, Say thanks for trying to hook me up, i'll have to think about it over the weekend
-He says: "Whats there to think about"
-I bertstare him for a good 6-7 seconds and say "If it's worth the investment"
-he says: "there's no investment"
- Another bert stare. "It's a 35 dollar a month commitment."
- He then tries to turn the subject away from money
- he says: "The only way you're going to get stronger is if you push yourself"
- I bertstare him again trying to figure out why in the world he thinks that is relevent
- I say, "Okay, thanks."
- He says, well how much do you squat?
- I tell him i've been rehabbing my back for close to 2 years now, but am getting close to the 400 mark at 163 lbs b/w (my weight from before the workout)
- he Literally laughs and says: "Buddy I used to be a 600lb squatter. take it it from me, you're only gonna get stronger being able to use other equipment like leg press, leg curls,"
- Bertstare again. I thank him for his advice, and say I'll take that into cosideration over the weekend. (TRying to leave)
- He asks me how much I bench press.
-I tell him I havent gone under 5 reps in the last 6 weeks, but If I had to guess I'd say between 315-325 depending on the day.
- He asks me what I do for chest.
- I say bench press and standing overhead press.
-He says "uh, overhead press only works the shoulders, junior"
- I told him i dissagree.
- He says "THe reason you're not getting stronger is because you dont have the right stuff. Bench press will only get you so far, not to mention its bad for your shoulers. we have 3 different Pec Decks here, start doing those and your bench will explode"
- I thanked him again for his advice and told him I was late for work and left.

Is it just me or is that guy retarded ? inb4 tl;dr
i miss halo 2

GT- ImRyanBlank
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
04-21-2014

>implying bench press isn't mainly front delts and triceps.

but cable crossovers and pec deck are pretty nice for chest, all things considered.
Spoiler!
iObelisk
Level 29
Subtract from iObelisk's ReputationAdd to iObelisk's Reputation iObelisk is legendary iObelisk is legendary iObelisk is legendary
04-21-2014

Quote:
>implying bench press isn't mainly front delts and triceps.

but cable crossovers and pec deck are pretty nice for chest, all things considered.
I agree, but there is a difference between an exercise being able to target the muscle and an exercise helping you get stronger on one of your main lifts? know what im saying?
i miss halo 2

GT- ImRyanBlank
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
04-21-2014

Big benchers do tend to do a lot of bodybuilding style chest training. Of the Big 3, bodybuilders are most likely to have unusually high benches.

Just saiyan, maybe there's something to it.
Spoiler!
Darkstar
Born Thuggin'
Subtract from Darkstar's ReputationAdd to Darkstar's Reputation Darkstar is legendary Darkstar is legendary Darkstar is legendary
04-21-2014

Lmao, that's fuckin hilarious. I never know what to say to people when they come at me with that. Since when did a change in volume and intensity stop making people stronger? And if an assistance exercise was needed, then why would it not be an assistance exercise that would actually be useful? Pec deck and cable crossovers???
iObelisk
Level 29
04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
Lmao, that's fuckin hilarious. I never know what to say to people when they come at me with that. Since when did a change in volume and intensity stop making people stronger? And if an assistance exercise was needed, then why would it not be an assistance exercise that would actually be useful? Pec deck and cable crossovers???
It's not even that I don't think pec dec/crossovers can be useful (because I DO think they have thier place). Its just, he tried convincing me i wasn't going to make any progress without them. Even though i've been making constant progress for the past year or so doing only barbel movements.

I left out the part where he said:
"You know what makes you get bigger?"
I said "Progressive overload?" (just to name one)
He says "No. Switching it up on the muscle so that you never adapt."
I said: "Hypertophy is an adaptation.."
he said: "i'm trying to explain to you how to put on size"

loooolll
i miss halo 2

GT- ImRyanBlank
Nv1ncible
MCC Clan: [TheHaloForum]
Subtract from Nv1ncible's ReputationAdd to Nv1ncible's Reputation Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000 Nv1ncible IS OVER 9000
04-21-2014

That guy could be completely right in everything he's saying (and I'm not saying he is), I would have been frustrated as hell with how he approached you. Nothing more annoying than someone trying to sell you something when you give them the clear indication that you're not interested at that time. But in all honesty, guy sounds like a tool trying to sell you on broscience, but that's just my take.